Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Massive Collection!!!18783

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, fellow collectors!!!

Originally, I wasn't going to do this, especially after spending over two and a half years listing my Modern collection somewhere else. But, I figure I'll give it a whirl. I was originally at 21 long boxes when I first started listing actively back in 2020...now I'm down to 16. I don't plan to ram this sales thread with raw comics daily...only when I feel like it.

I don't sell anywhere else because this is mainly a hobby for me, and something to do while I sit on my retired backside.

I will be listing Copper and Modern Age raw comics...mostly. They won't be in any particular order, except by title (mostly). I may throw in other stuff from other ages, but I'm not focusing on that. I will only list raw comics here...no slabs. Those are in another thread.

Without giving reasons, or venting, why I've decided to start listing these here, let's just get this party started!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Tag!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

What a coincidence, I like comics and I just saw the Three Amigos, yesterday. Omen??
Post 3 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
The thread rules are pretty simple...

**Payment methods accepted are cashier's check, money order, or PayPal. I won't accept personal checks, except in extreme situations. Message me first and we'll discuss it.

**All listings will include the price for Media Mail shipping (for one comic). I will ship Media Mail for up to 10 raws, unless I can't package them safely. Then, I will ship USPS Priority Mail, with the buyer paying a portion of the cost. Some buyers out there know that I'm fairly easy to work with. I also do combined shipping for raws...of course

UPDATE: Buy 5 raws or more, I will ship for free using Media Mail up to 70lbs. Any other method, please DM me. 🙂

**U.S. shipping only!! I won't ship outside the 50 states, so please don't ask. There are no exceptions. Sorry, Canada!!!

**No returns on products, unless they were damaged in transit. Message me pictures of the damage and we'll work together to find a solution. I'm not a grading 'expert' either, so there's no buyers remorse. If someone wants to see more scans/photos, let me know. What you see is what you get.

**Please 'quote' a listing if you want it so that I can keep track. If someone messages me to work out a deal, and we agree, 'quote' the listing in the thread so that others know. This will help me out a lot because I'm getting old and senile.

I will entertain reasonable offers, so don't hesitate to message me.

If you see an error with a listing, i.e. false/missing information, bad scans, etc., please let me know...preferably in a message so that the thread doesn't get bogged down. I'm open-minded when it comes to feedback and criticism, but please keep it civil.

It's my intent to estimate grade/condition conservatively with all raw comics. I'm providing high-quality scans, so I won't state all the defects unless they are hard to see or on the inside. I know some of you have seen my sales threads improve over the past year or two, so you know what I mean. Lol.

I think that's it. If anything else comes to mind, I'll try and edit this post. If I can't, I'll add it into the thread.

Soooooo....how about we start with my Superman run, which began in 1987. There are holes in the series, so I won't be offering lots. That doesn't mean I won't do a deal.

Up, up, and away!!!!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
What a coincidence, I like comics and I just saw the Three Amigos, yesterday. Omen??

Great movie!!! Still makes me laugh!!! LMAO
Post 5 IP   flag post
Before I forget...any buyers that haven't dealt with me before, I've had plenty of threads in the past where other's have left positive feedback. Those threads are all locked now, except for one, so if you'd like to see any feedback, please let me know. I'll point you in the right direction. Lol.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Superman #1 (direct). This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Metallo, as well as his origin.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help a mild vertical stacking indentation along the back left page edge.

$12

Post 7 IP   flag post
Superman #2 (direct). This issue features appearances by Lex Luthor and Metallo.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. This comic will definitely benefit from a clean & press.

$6

Post 8 IP   flag post
I had the wrong price on issue #1, so I fixed it. My bad!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Superman #3 (direct). This issue is a Legends crossover (Chapter 17), and it features an appearance by Darkseid.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The back cover shows an almost imperceptible spot of possible moisture damage that doesn’t really leave a stain. It’s slightly rough to the touch and goes through the page. The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$6

Post 10 IP   flag post
Superman #4 (newsstand). This issue features the 1st appearance, and origin, of Bloodsport.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The front cover shows a mild spine/stacking roll, as well as a small production wrinkle/crease on Bloodsport’s left fist that doesn’t appear to break the ink. The comic will definitely benefit from a clean & press.

Prices on eBay have been all over the place this year, with direct AND newsstand, so I'll probably be more generous with any reasonable offers.

$20, or best offer

Post 11 IP   flag post
I know I'm getting off to a slow start here, but the last time I had these Superman books listed about a year ago, I uploaded photos instead of scans. I didn't have a working scanner then, so now I can do high quality listings. Thanks for your patience!!!

Post 12 IP   flag post
Superman #5 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of Host.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$7

Post 13 IP   flag post
Superman #6 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Host.

VF, give or take; off-white to white pages. The upper right part of the front cover shows some lightening of the green ink, which is a production defect. The blueish tinge around the top edge of the back is also prevalent with copies of this issue. The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$6

Post 14 IP   flag post
Superman #7 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance, and origin, of Rampage.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The front cover shows a very mild spine/stacking roll, as well as some light bends near the top spine corner that goes through the entire comic, as well as the bottom spine corner. The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$8

Post 15 IP   flag post
Superman #8 (direct). The cover of this issue is an homage to Fantastic Four #249, and it features an appearance by the Legion of Superheroes.

VF, or better; cream to off-white pages. The front cover shows a vertical production wrinkle on Blok’s left boot that may or may not break the ink (it’s hard to tell). Again, a clean/press will help here.

$6

Post 16 IP   flag post
I think this is a good place to stop for the time being, for a few reasons.

One, I don't have issue #9. Like I mentioned earlier, there are holes in this run.

Second, I need to spend time scanning comics so I can get more done if I want.

Third, and I almost forgot, our puppers had surgery to remove a large mass on her right shoulder last Friday. Momma was home for three days though, taking care of her. I almost forgot that it's my turn while she's at work. I'm such a dumbass!!!

I'll get back to listing comics soon. Don't forget...each listing includes the price of shipping THAT comic by Media Mail. The more you buy, the cheaper the shipping will possibly be...maybe even free. I'm known for doing that. Lol.

Please feel free to message me with requests. Like I stated above, I'm focusing on Copper and Modern Age.

Thanks for visiting!!! Here's our dog...fat, lazy thing. LMAO. She'll be fine, though she's getting old.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Let’s make things simple regarding shipping. Buy five or more raw comics, shipping is free. I will ship by Media Mail up to 70lbs. If you want comics shipped by another method, message me and we’ll discuss it. 👍🤙🖖
Post 18 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 you’re making it very difficult for my kids to get Christmas gifts. Im going to wait a bit to see what comes next.keep em coming; others may be watching to pounce on a lot as I may offer on all the Sups you’ve listed so far.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@Galen130 you’re making it very difficult for my kids to get Christmas gifts. Im going to wait a bit to see what comes next.keep em coming; others may be watching to pounce on a lot as I may offer on all the Sups you’ve listed so far.

This will be an ongoing thread…probably. I may not do a whole lot this week because of the holiday, but there are 16 boxes to go through so I’ll need to ramp it up soon.

Oh, and just buy your kids comics. 🤣🤣🤣
Post 20 IP   flag post
Superman #10 (direct). This issue features appearances by Cat Grant and Lex Luthor.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The comic will benefit from a press.

$6

Post 21 IP   flag post
Superman #11 (direct). This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk.

VF, or better; The comic will benefit from a press.

$6

Post 22 IP   flag post
Superman #12 (direct). This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Lori Lemaris.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The comic will benefit from a press.

$5

Post 23 IP   flag post
Superman #13 (direct). This issue is Millennium, Week 2, and it features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Toyman.

VF, or better; off-white pages. The comic will benefit from a press.

$7

Post 24 IP   flag post
Superman #14 (direct). This issue Millennium, Week 6 and it features an appearance by Green Lantern.

VF, or better; off-white pages. Page 17/18 has a bent bottom page corner, but it's small. It does fold inwards. The comic will benefit from a press.

$6

Post 25 IP   flag post
Superman #15 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of Skyhook. The original Holiday Gift subscription card is still bound into the comic.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. Both covers show a couple of mild horizontal indentations from side to side that don’t break the ink. It looks like something small was placed and pressed into the covers. The comic will benefit from a clean and press.

$6

Post 26 IP   flag post
Superman #16 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of the new Supergirl (Matrix), as well as the 1st post-Crisis appearance of The Prankster.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. The comic will benefit from a clean and press.

$8

Post 27 IP   flag post
Superman #18 (direct). This issue features appearances by Hawkman and Hawkwoman.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. A few pages inside have some light black ink transfers, but that's pretty common. The comic will benefit from a press.

$5

Post 28 IP   flag post
Superman #19 (direct). This issue features 1st appearances by Professor Thadeus Killgrave, Psi-Phon, and Dreadnaught.

VF-, or better; cream to off-white pages. The back cover shows a bit of paper missing at the bottom spine corner, as well as some mild edge bends at the top. The comic will benefit from a press.

$5

Post 29 IP   flag post
Superman #20 (direct). This issue features appearances by the Doom Patrol and Metallo.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. The comic will benefit from a press.

$5

Post 30 IP   flag post
598080 989 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.