Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics ForeignComics Golden Age

Sorry that I have been MIA....19109

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Steve Borock Joins ComicLink as Senior Consignment Director

"We have some exciting news here at ComicLink! I am thrilled to announce the addition of Steve Borock to the ComicLink team in the role of Senior Consignment Director. Working out of Sarasota, Florida, Steve will be handling consignments of comic books, original artwork, and other certified collectibles such as video games, VHS, action figures, trading cards and more!

Steve is a lifelong hobbyist and comic book reader, first setting up to sell comic books at the old Phil Sueling convention as a young teen in the 1970s. He’s been “playing with comic books” ever since, living a good part of his life on the convention floor and with other hobbyists. A fixture in the comic book hobby, Steve has for many years been a Senior Advisor to the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, The Overstreet Guide To Grading Comics, and on the board of the Hero Initiative.

Steve and I have been great friends since the 1990s. We met just a few years after I started ComicLink, becoming fast friends and business associates. We even talked briefly about working together prior to Steve being hired as the original primary grader and restoration detection expert at CGC (incidentally, it was Steve that also showed me how to detect certain types of comic book restoration).

“I believed in Josh from the beginning,” says Steve Borock, “he had a great idea with ComicLink but moreover, he was honest. I recognized that the level of his personal and professional ethics stood out in this hobby at a time when it sorely needed them.”

Steve’s reputation as an expert and beloved friend to many in the professional comic book community was instrumental in the adoption of the grading standards used by so many hobbyists to this day. Steve’s voice was a major component in comic book certification gaining acceptance. He sold me on the concept initially and I have supported comic book certification from the start, featuring CGC certified comic books prominently on the ComicLink website since CGC’s launch in 2000. Still, I fondly remember—as do many of ComicLink’s long-term buyers—the old precertification days when it was ComicLink that verified the grade of every single book before shipping it off to a buyer. But I digress…

After being with CGC through a formative stage of its development, Steve spent well over a decade as a respected expert and professional in the comic book hobby, holding top positions within multiple firms, handling many millions of dollars worth of high value comic books and original artwork, and also spearheading the launch and growth of the CBCS, CGC's rival which was acquired by Beckett.

“I am ready and extremely excited to start my next journey in our great hobby as Senior Consignment Director at ComicLink,” says Steve Borock. “Josh and I have been fantastic friends and have done business together for 25 years now and though we always talked about working together someday, the stars never aligned until now! I am so looking forward to working with Josh, Douglas and the rest of the ComicLink team. I’ve admired the growth of ComicLink over nearly three decades. ComicLink has the longevity within the comic book hobby and suite of services that offer a value for comic book and original art sellers that I believe is second to none, and I am now proud to be a part of that.”

“When Josh told me that he was considering bringing Borock on board, I was all for it,” says Douglas Gillock, ComicLink’s Vice President and Senior Consignment Director. “I'm happy that Steve will be an integral part of our team, and I look forward to seeing what we can all accomplish together!”

Steve can now be reached at sborock@comiclink.com or at his new ComicLink extension, at 617-517-0062 ext 107

My Best,
Josh Nathanson

ComicLink Founder & Managing Director"

Nice pic from when we both had more hair!

I should have more time starting next week and I will be back on the forum. I have missed you all!!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Good to see you back, and good luck to you as always.

Are you going to have a thread with awesome consignments that come across your desk?
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats, @sborock. Yep there is already another active thread with comments from folks wishing you the best.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Well look who's back...
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Congrats on the new gig Steve!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
This is great to hear! Congrats! 👏 👏 👏
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations, Steve!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah!!! MIA - what's up with that!! dealing with family issues and moving and life in general all while ignoring us.... do better Steve...do better...

lol - really though - congratulations on the new gig, I hope life issues are working out and that the new gig allows you the flexibility to not have to choose one over the other!
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock congrats!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Congratulations! Now that you're back with your family I'm sure you feel much better. (told ya so, no brainer lol!)

Now that you're at your new job, if you come across an EC, Fat & Slat 1947 #4, let me know I'm in search of one
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
So great that you are finally back home and starting this awesome new job my borther! I've been meaning to call you but was waiting for you to settle down in Florida. Be well, love to Pam and we'll talk soon.
Post 11 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats, @sborock.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
CONS-gratulations brother!!! Life is good!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A new gig located by your family? Ideal!!!!!!!!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats and best of luck!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats, great news indeed. 👍
Post 16 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Right on good sir, ever upward!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! Best of luck!
Post 18 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations Steve!
Post 19 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock I know of a great LCS that opened in Bradenton in the last year. Bat City Comics. If you have any free time, check it out!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome back to the area! Along with Bat City there's a cool LCS in Sarasota called Dark Side Comics & Games. It's probably a little more gaming focused, but they have a pretty good comic inventory also.

Does this mean we might see you at some of the more local cons?
Post 21 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock hippie is on the loose.... Coming to a con near you...
We have a borock sighting at a booth with long boxes and Steve is waist deep in the silver age box.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock - Congratulations on your new gig, Steve! It didn’t take you long to go back to being a workingman. Keep making ripples my friend, and always remember, if you get confused, listen to the music play.

“Such a long, long time to be gone
And a short time to be there”
Post 23 IP   flag post
600460 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?