CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Revisiting an old thread (gold vs grail)19026

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/16959/page/1/gold-or-grail/

Anyone who opted for gold, are you still holding or does IH181 now look tempting?






Post 1 • IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Compare applee to apples.

1 year ago IH 181 was $22,800. Even with this latest sale (which is high above tjenrecent trend and may be an outlier) you're still down about 5% . . .
Post 2 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
If I go in my basement and look at my piles of comics, I'm a collector. If I go in my basement and look at my piles of gold, I'm a dragon. I think I just talked myself into gold.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
IH 181 is one example, try MMC 9 as another.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
Compare applee to apples.

1 year ago IH 181 was $22,800. Even with this latest sale (which is high above tjenrecent trend and may be an outlier) you're still down about 5% . . .


I took one year ago (two datapoints) and latest on HA. Checked CC and Ebay for recent 9.4 sales. GSX 1 in 9.6 shows same pattern (down 40%).

The apples were defined by the old thread. Wasn’t cherry (or apple) picking.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
If I go in my basement and look at my piles of comics, I'm a collector. If I go in my basement and look at my piles of gold, I'm a dragon. I think I just talked myself into gold.


What would someone with piles of Ih181 be? An “influencer”?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
Compare applee to apples.

1 year ago IH 181 was $22,800. Even with this latest sale (which is high above tjenrecent trend and may be an outlier) you're still down about 5% . . .


I realize now that you misread the dates. I posted the lower of the two Ih181 9.4s sold one year ago (the other was indeed $22,800). But that is the year ago price. Latest Heritage sale was the $13,200. So off the $22.8k down a whopping 42%…
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
If I go in my basement and look at my piles of comics, I'm a collector. If I go in my basement and look at my piles of gold, I'm a dragon. I think I just talked myself into gold.


Take a really good-looking woman down there with you before you decide for sure. Just to confirm.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave ah! My bad - I thought the top sale was Jan THIS year! Oops! It is apples to apples.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Diversify, buy both.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Davethebrave,
That was my post. I didn't sell my gold nor did I win that INCREDIBLE Hulk 181 (CBCS) 9.4. I was on the fence up to the end of the auction. But I'm content with my INCREDIBLE HULK 181 (CBCS) 8.0 that I bought off the newsstand when it came out. I remember back in 74' a newspaper article came out that ACTION #1 sold for $1,804.00. The most paid for a comic book and gold was under $40,00 an ounce. Only time will tell if I made the right or best decision.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Hi Davethebrave,
That was my post. I didn't sell my gold nor did I win that INCREDIBLE Hulk 181 (CBCS) 9.4. I was on the fence up to the end of the auction. But I'm content with my INCREDIBLE HULK 181 (CBCS) 8.0 that I bought off the newsstand when it came out. I remember back in 74' a newspaper article came out that ACTION #1 sold for $1,804.00. The most paid for a comic book and gold was under $40,00 an ounce. Only time will tell if I made the right or best decision.


Congrats!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Diversify, buy both.


Especially when someone only needs to sell a bit more than half the gold to buy the book ;-)
Post 14 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 • IP   flag post
657131 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?