Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeSignaturesStatues

Cbcs is now the worst with turn around times19001

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A payed membership isn’t required to get books graded.
Post 26 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. I can't seem to find that info on the web site, so I didn't know.
Appreciate the correction.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Sorry if I came across as a feminine hygiene product. That wasn’t the intent.
Post 28 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Sorry if I came across as a feminine hygiene product. That wasn’t the intent.

Lol, not at all.
Despite the fact I usually deserve that... it just seemed like you were giving me info I clearly lacked. Which I appreciate.

I thought there used to be a number of paid memberships, but now I only see one. I just don't see anything about free membership.
Thanks again.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I can’t help with much except I just click submit comics. I made an account 5 years ago and haven’t ever paid a fee. Maybe stating this on their membership page would be a bigger blunder than CS?
Post 30 IP   flag post

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
My most recent completed CBCS lot: 12/9/21 to shipped 1/3/23 modern with press.

My lot before that was without press sent October 21 and took about a month longer; it appears TAT’s are improving in my experience.

Thankfully I haven’t had any quality or accuracy issues in the last 100 books or so.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
My most recent completed CBCS lot: 12/9/21 to shipped 1/3/23 modern with press.

I sure wish it was possible for the web site to accurately track orders through the line, but this gives me hope that a couple of ours might now be only a few weeks away.
Post 32 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I am shipping out another 30 books this morning. Taking the slow train... woo..woo...
Post 33 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
They’ve been over a year without pressing for a couple years now. With the exception of the Al Ewing signing event which I got back in 2-3 months with pressing 🤠
Post 34 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
CFP is dumping CBCS now? wow that means a lot in my world.

I’m not dumping them. I will press books that are going to CBCS. What I will no longer do is ship from my workspace directly to CBCS. I will happily ship back to the customer who can then submit to CBCS.

The only workaround I might see to changing this is if each submitter signs a waiver releasing me over any liability once the box is signed for or includes a shipping label that they can track. I have spent many hours answering emails and tracking packages that were not only delivered to CBCS but also signed for, only to have the books go MIA. This then becomes my problem. So…until I can figure out what’s best for everyone I have to place
Mailing books to CBCS directly on hold. Or, CBCS can clean up their act. Either way the problem will be solved.
Post 35 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
I no longer have the steel trap memory I used to have, but I kind of remember, years ago, the reverse happening. CFP was the 'official' presser of CBCS until one day he got the boot.

How's that saying go ... something about a goose and a gander?

Yes. CFP was the official presser of CBCS until they started doing in-house pressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Maybe someone can start a customer service petition. I'd be more than willing to sign it.

I just speak with my wallet at this point. Now I have to track down 34 books. I am sure they are sitting at CBCS waiting to be processed/entered into the system or in some guy's basement in TX. I don't know anything anymore.

That’s partially correct. There was another party involved in-between CBCS handling pressing in-house. That little experiment ended in disaster. And for those who really want to know, CBCS broke up with me over Facebook.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics appreciate the clarification. I think i remember hearing something about this other party.

Quick question, do you remember around when you stopped sending to CBCS?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
And for those who really want to know, CBCS broke up with me over Facebook.

Lol. Classy move.

On the other hand, at least they communicated with you.
A rare thing, for many of us.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@CFP_Comics appreciate the clarification. I think i remember hearing something about this other party.

Quick question, do you remember around when you stopped sending to CBCS?

I think they were around 2 years old as a business.
Post 39 IP   flag post
601455 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?