Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsCBCS Graded

Who’s got the runs?18955

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
My two favorite runs are the 1960's Teen Titans and 1970's Star Wars
Honorable mentions are the full 1980's Teen Titans (the first one) all Y the Last Man etc. etc.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Secret Weapons 1-10 before it took a strange turn into an entirely new story and the rest of our heroes continued in their own series’s and convoluted multi crossover valiant universe! You thought our heroes were the “Secret Weapons”? No! Its the special armor they were after that is later conveniently reverse engineered to create a team of “Secret Weapons”!

Post 27 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash - Happy Birthday!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
@HulkSmash And Happy Birthday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@HulkSmash - Happy Birthday!

Thanks!

Spider-Man (1990) the McFarlane run 1-14 with a few stragglers.

Edit: #15 was Erik Larsen then McFarlanes last being #16 (which is also pictured)

Post 29 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
My ASM run isn't full- I stopped in the 90's when the art and writing lost me.

I have AF #15 & ASM #1-#375

Avengers #1-#330

My FF #1-#375 run is "only" missing #2 and #4-6 (so it ain't gonna happen until sometime after the zombie apocalypse).

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)

Werewolf By Night

Frankenstein

What If? vol 1

John Carter, Warlord of Mars

Sgt Fury & His Howling Commandos #1-#54

Warlock

Route 666

The Dragon #0-5 & Savage Dragon #1-#128

Archer & Armstrong vol 1

Adventurers Books I, II, & III

Devil Dinosaur

Eternals

Marvel Two-In-One

The Shadow

The Shadow Strikes

My Thor, Captain America, and Tomb of Dracula, Marvel Team-Up runs are missing a few issues. Probably won't be filled.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Deadpool 1-10 and growing

Post 31 IP   flag post
Knightfall!

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Siggy's the winner! Wow.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
We also have a run that begins here...

...and ends here...

...but I'm not going to post all 42 images. The fact that the bookends are the same grade is entirely coincidental.
Post 34 IP   flag post
It's the same story for these two...

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Only run I ever completed was when I was a kid. I completed the entire 50 issue Darkhawk run plus all 3 Annuals. My #1 is currently with FedEx on the way back from CBCS, and issues 46,48,49,50 and Annual #3 are awaiting pressing at CBCS. The others are all in my longbox still ungraded.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
It's the same story for these two...

@figment - That Subby #1 would look amazing in the new CBCS encasements, but until their under-grading comes back into line, don't risk it.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
My personal collection is almost entirely Marvel runs....

Here are some complete runs of some of my childhood favorites:

Enternals
The Invaders
Omega the Unknown
The Champions
Warlock
Iron Fist

Another set of runs is of my 'second' (Spidey will always be #1!!!) favorite Marvel character:

(Werewolf 32 & 33 and Marvel Spotlight 28 & 29)
Complete runs of Moon Knight Volumes 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, and Mark Spector: Moon Knight

And my 'main' collection of Marvel runs:

Defenders 1 - 50
Daredevil Vol One 1 - 235
Avengers Vol One 1 - 402
Doc Strange Vol One 169 - 183 & Vol Two 1 - 36
Marvel Team-Up 1 - 150
Marvel Premiere 1 -25
Star Wars ('77) 1 - 108

And the ones I need to complete:

X-Men Vol One...just need a #1
Amazing Spider-man Vol One...just need a #3
Silver Surfer...have 1 - 4
Strange Tales... need about 15 more!
Post 38 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
New Gods 1-11

Forever People 1-11

Post 39 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Mister Miracle 1-18

Post 40 IP   flag post
Silver Surfer 1-18

Post 41 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
My collected runs are fairly idiosyncratic, being (mostly) collected because I was reading the book. So I have complete runs of "Scalped," "The Sixth Gun," "Peter Panzerfaust," the weekly DC experiments ("52," "Countdown," and "Trinity" ), and a few others.

Occasionally, however, I get obsessive. I have all but seven covers of "The Wicked + The Divine" and its associated one-shots. I'm missing a few C variants and two hard to find variants of issue 1.

I have every cover for Buffy Season 8 and 9. I am missing two covers for "Angel & Faith" season 9, but I have all of season 10.

And "Excalibur" is one I am proud of, having divested myself of much of the excess, getting down from two and a half complete runs to one and a bit. I am currently sort of contemplating building a newsstand and direct run; I don't have a complete set of either, but several issues I have both. The direct run will be easier to complete, as I am only missing one or two.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
When I was a kid at conventions the Steranko covers always caught my attention. So this was the first run I put together when I returned to collecting as an adult. #1 is in a slab box somewhere:

Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
When I was a kid at conventions the Steranko covers always caught my attention.

EEK!!! You need to replace some of those old poly bags with mylar!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Here's a run that could be yours...

The Twelve - A Novel of Tomorrow (For the Third Tier Golden Age Heroes of Yesterday)

Michael Straczynski & Chris Weston - Marvel 2007

Includes issues #0-12 and issue 1/2. All 14 books all VF/NM or better.

$27 shipped to any US address.

Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
When I was a kid at conventions the Steranko covers always caught my attention.

EEK!!! You need to replace some of those old poly bags with mylar!

Never know what will come out of these boxes. These Nick Fury books were bought over 20 years ago. Here's one I just came across that I think has been in one of my boxes since about 1985:

Post 46 IP   flag post
Nemesis 1-4

Post 47 IP   flag post
Nemesis!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of nice runs! I am drawing from memory. My first full run was Gaiman’s Sandman. Some spin-offs like most Death and Books of Magic.

The Walking Dead #2-75. Missed out on #1 but it is too rich for my blood at this point.

Invincible #1-60.

Hellblazer #1-152.

Shade the Changing Man #1-17.

A full run of Defenders along with a partial run. Mike Mignola signed the ones that he worked on.

Most Hellboy, BPRD, Abe Sapien, Witchfinder, Sledgehammer 44, Joe Golem, Baltimore until 2016.

Most Grendel (Comico, Dark Horse).

Most Immortal Hulk.

Most Umbrella Academy.

All Sixth Gun.

Most Stray Bullets.

All Darth Vader vol. 2; some vol. 3.

Doctor Aphra #1-20.

All 52 and Countdown.

Most Kurt Busiek's Astro City.

New Avengers #1-30.

New X-Men #114-135, Morrison / Quietly run.

Most of these are raw. Want to slab more when/if CBCS registry comes out 😂
Post 49 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment I already have that. "The Twelve" had a lot of potential, but I feel like the delays hurt it. It's not bad, but there is definitely a change in the feel of the book after the break.
Post 50 IP   flag post
My max punisher run is missing more than I thought. I have 1-45, 52,53, 55-60, 67-69, 73, 1 Annual, The Cell, The Tiger.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Use to have runs years ago, now I just have keys or blocks of books.

Still have one complete run 😂

Post 52 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic, but is a comic "book", I have a run of Overstreet Comic Book Price Guides: volume 1 (facsimile), volume 4, and 6 to 52. I doubt I'll ever luck into an original #1. I also don't have all the variant covers, nor do I want them.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Blue Beetle 1967 1-5

Post 55 IP   flag post
616096 238 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?