Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics ForeignComics MagazinesFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Foreign Comics Year End Clearance Sale!18862

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
It's time to clear out inventory to make room for 2023! Here are some great deals on some nice foreign keys.

For those who are newer to foreign comics, they have seen multiple record sales the last few months while the American market has been correcting. No correction is needed in the foreign market however as most of the keys are still greatly undervalued.

The Duran non canon La Prensa Hombre Arana from Mexico where Peter and Gwen got married just sold in a CGC 6.5 for $35,000. Just a month or so before that, a raw copy in a 2.0 estimated grade with water damage sold for $15,000. The foreign market is starting to be noticed and there's not anywhere near the availability of them as there is American. Prices could get really high really quick if a couple people with legitimate money decided to start buying foreign comics.

On to the deals! All prices include shipping in the USA. International orders are fine, just pay the difference from normal shipping.

1. L'incroyable Hulk 40 CBCS 3.5 - contains Incredible Hulk #181, Menace #1 and more. From Editions Heritage in Quebec, this is from the fall of 1974,the same time as the American, and the earliest foreign edition of Hulk 181 from my research. Less than half the price of the American counterpart, this is one that is a solid investment imo. $600 shipped.

2. Los 4 Fantasticos 27, 28, 29 - This set of 3 from Mundi Comics in Spain contains the FF holy trinity and even more! These issues contain Fantastic Four 47, 48, 49, 50, 52, & 53! They are in order from the country, 51 wasn't added for whatever reason, but you get the big 3 in this PLUS 52 & 53 as well, giving you a great set of FF keys! These are lower mid grade copies, but I have yet to see any high grade copies of these. As with most foreign comics from the previous century, mid grade IS high grade. - $350 shipped.

3. Linus Estate Supplemento al n. 15 - 1966 Italy. This contains the very first ever appearance of Fantastic Four in Italy AND it's Fantastic Four #1! According to my research, there are only 2 issues of Linus that contain Fantastic Four, the other one has FF5 and I'll have that early 2023. This copy is in nice condition, there is a little corner wear but this is the nicest copy of Linus I've seen all year. Only $200 shipped!

4. La Masa vol 3 n. 39 - 1980 Spain. Contains Incredible Hulk 180. This is a higher mid grade copy that would benefit from a press. Only $250 shipped!

5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 2nd print Russia. This is probably the rarest comic on this list, even though it is the most recent. Contains TMNT #1, I have a direct contact with a dealer in Russia and this is the only copy he's been able to find in 6 months, he said they are pretty much gone now from shops and issues 2-4 are drying up now as well. Don't sleep on this one if you collect the Turtles! Only $200 shipped!

6. POW! Annual 1968 - UK. Hardcover. Contains Amazing Fantasy 15 along with Strange Tales 135, the first appearance of S.H.I.E.L.D.! This is not an easy one to find and it has 2 huge keys in it from the 1960s! It also contains many other non Marvel comics and another Spiderman story from ASM 8. Lower grade copy, tape on spine but presents very well. Only $150 shipped!

7. Nembo Kid 332 - 1962 Italy. This digest size contains Superman 78, Detective Comics 269, and Adventure Comics 247, the first appearance of the Legion of Super Heroes! This is a nice copy, theres a few ticks but overall this is definitely a higher mid grade copy. Only $150 shipped!

That's it for today, I may add some more over the next few days as I sort through my inventory. Enjoy and thanks for looking!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ny85 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn I really need that 181
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics Do you have your next show scheduled yet? Are you doing the Clawson show later this Month?
Post 3 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@HotKeyComics Do you have your next show scheduled yet? Are you doing the Clawson show later this Month?

I do a show every Tuesday at 9pm est and yep ill be at Clawson the 18th!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new to non-English foreign comics, and I am with you on the market potential. Mostly. I don't think any of the reprints will ever be worth what the originals are. But there is a ton of headroom in the market for them to rise to where they should be.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
I'm new to non-English foreign comics, and I am with you on the market potential. Mostly. I don't think any of the reprints will ever be worth what the originals are. But there is a ton of headroom in the market for them to rise to where they should be.

I don't consider them reprints, and most of the newer collectors don't either. Some of the older foreign comic collectors still consider them reprints, but most of us now call them editions, which is really what they are.
For instance, the Linus issue, that isn't a reprint. Fantastic Four never appeared in Italy before and they had to translate it to Italian, so it is the first printing of it in Italy, and the first Italian edition of Fantastic Four.
Many times they would even change panels, removing some for whatever reason (space on pages, political pressure, personal opinions, etc) and give you an edition of the comic never before seen.
Welcome to the world of foreign comics! 😀
Post 6 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics I recently discovered the Turkish comic industry and have been shopping for Turkish versions of various modern comics. I do wish there were English translations of the works of Turkey's creators. Many of their books look amazing, I just have limited ability to puzzle out the words.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600864 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?