Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Silver AgeKirbyMovies TelevisionQuestions

Batman and Martian Manhunter VS Iron Man and Silver Surfer! Who wins?18853

Collector CWill2021 private msg quote post Address this user
OK true believers.. this is a tough one so let's think hard.. both teams have 1 day of prep time..
Batman and Martian Manhunter VS Iron Man and Silver Surfer! Who wins - and why!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I warned you this would be a tough one..
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You only gave folks 1 minute to think about it.... lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Man and Silver Surfer. Reason....
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Give Iron Man to Bats and MM and Silver Surfer still takes them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Give Iron Man to Bats and MM and Silver Surfer still takes them.
Easily...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Batman and Martian manhunter for the win.

Mm takes the form of silver surfers deceased lover and can't attack
Bruce Wayne does a hostile takeover of Starks industries and makes Tony bankrupt 😜

Seriously SS and ironman for the win
Post 7 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Silver Surfer is more powerful than Martian Manhunter, and I don't subscribe to, "Batman wins with prep time" for every enemy he faces. Marvel wins this fight.
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Batman with prep solos.

Considering his first appearance predates any of the others by a healthy margin, he has ample time to prevent those other books from even being written.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Thelastpearce private msg quote post Address this user
Batman against the other 3? Batman.

Batman with anyone against the remaining 2? Batman.

Remember he is one of the 2 smartest guys on the planet, and the other one isn't in the fight. Brains over brawn anytime.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
MM and SS are aliens...not of this planet....with what they've both seen and experienced, I'd wager their intellect is superior to Batman.

SS would destroy all these guys combined.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
For me, Manhunter has the edge. Telepath, shapeshifter and super strength. Or, I guess Tony could just light a match and he'd faint...

Crap. As much as I want it to be Batman and MM, I'm going with Iron Man and SS.
Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
My assessment is that, with adequate prep time, Batman could devise a strategy to distract Silver Surfer, albeit momentarily. During that brief time, Martian Manhunter could telepath Surfer and strike Iron Man with an energy projection. I admit here, that neither of these would decimate Surfer or Iron Man, however could repel them enough to allow Batman to disarm Tony.. thus leaving Silver Surfer to go it alone against Bruce and Martian..
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastpearce

Remember he is one of the 2 smartest guys on the planet, and the other one isn't in the fight. Brains over brawn anytime.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Man and Silver Surfer win easily. Iron Man’s armor and flight could defeat Batman’s gadgets and vehicles. Silver Surfer has the power cosmic which the Martian Manhunter could not deal with. Marvel defeats DC yet again!
Post 16 IP   flag post
I hear you, re: Silver Surfer has the power cosmic.. but doesn't Martian Manhunter has cosmic power?
Other thought.. Batman has previously created robotic suits similar to Iron Man, which could level the playing field..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Iron Man and Silver Surfer win easily. Iron Man’s armor and flight could defeat Batman’s gadgets and vehicles. Silver Surfer has the power cosmic which the Martian Manhunter could not deal with. Marvel defeats DC yet again!
Post 17 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Batman has a secret weapon.

Hint: Purple
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastpearce

I'd figure SS has both. He has to have a quick mind in order to move at the speeds he's capable of moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
MM and SS are aliens...not of this planet....with what they've both seen and experienced, I'd wager their intellect is superior to Batman.

SS would destroy all these guys combined.

They'd be piles of dust. Another way to answer is: Who of these four could stand a chance against Galactus?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Nuff said
Post 20 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
They'd be piles of dust. Another way to answer is: Who of these four could stand a chance against Galactus?

That's pretty much immediately where my mind went; "Silver Surfer has the Power Cosmic". I won't profess to know everything about Martian Manhunter, but of what I do know, I can't put him on that level.
Post 21 IP   flag post
OK but wait! Don't rule out Martian and Batman yet!
If Martian is as powerful as Superman.. then he could take on Surfer!

"Martian Manhunter has super-strength on par with that of Superman, who's done things like crack a planet in half. Combining his own natural strength with his telekinetic abilities, Martian Manhunter can lift items that weigh well over a hundred tons.

In some cases, they have shown him carrying ocean tankers, which can weigh over 100,000 tons, or even helping Superman to move the moon slightly. That kind of strength is often understated to keep him from overshadowing Superman."

https://www.cbr.com/how-strong-is-martian-manhunter-questions-john-jones-answered/#:~:text=Martian%20Manhunter%20has%20super%2Dstrength,well%20over%20a%20hundred%20tons.
Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
601280 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?