Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingCBCS Signature VSP

All 8 books mislabeled no response please help18815

Collector Contact630 private msg quote post Address this user
I recently received my shipment back of 8 books. All were mislabeled by title and grade. I’ve been trying to reach someone by phone and email with no success. Any suggestions? Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Emailing and calling cbcs is basically pointless, I've seen people have more luck contacting beckett but not sure who there to contact - maybe their customer service?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
was it cbcs or cgc...and if cbcs...yeah costumer support can stink
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector grapeape private msg quote post Address this user
1st I'm sorry this happened. But at least you got your books.

Now comes the part you are not going to like. CBCS customer service is horrible. I won relive my first experience other than to say 20-30 calls and 2 emails were never answered to this day when they put the wrong zip code on my first shipped and graded order.

You will have to call repeatedly day after day during business hours until you get a live operator.they prompt you to keep leaving messages which will be "answered in the order they were received."

What a mess this is unacceptable.

If you live near a
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Join the club two miss labeled and one book they damaged. I’ve sent e-mails with no response. Good luck.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cbcs. I’ll continue to attempt to reach someone and will keep this thread updated.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Here’s an example
Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll tell you what I have done for everything that comes back wrong or broke. I send them back without contacting anyone. Write, and note everything on your paperwork, and ATTN all over the box. It’s a faith effort and I just think of all the time wasted waiting on CS. I get them right back in the mail so hopefully they notice how mad I really was at whatever wasn’t right that time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Contact630
Those Look like some nice books.

I have to echo what everyone else is saying: CS is NOT good. It's the one major drawback from dealing with CBCS. I have some returns myself and been having no luck contacting anyone. After I get back from my trip out of town, I'll be considering packaging things up along with a detailed note and sending them in without a reply from CS. It's a bit of a drastic measure, but what else is there at this point?
Post 10 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’ll tell you what I have done for everything that comes back wrong or broke. I send them back without contacting anyone. Write, and note everything on your paperwork, and ATTN all over the box. It’s a faith effort and I just think of all the time wasted waiting on CS. I get them right back in the mail so hopefully they notice how mad I really was at whatever wasn’t right that time.

This is exactly what I would do, knowing what I know about this company.
Don't even waste time trying to get help.
Post 11 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact630
I recently received my shipment back of 8 books. All were mislabeled by title and grade. I’ve been trying to reach someone by phone and email with no success. Any suggestions? Thanks

I've heard you have a better chance to get help if you reach out to CBCS on Instagram. Because, of course.
Didn't work for me though.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I’m trying Everything that I can. Thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

This is exactly what I would do, knowing what I know about this company.
Don't even waste time trying to get help.
I’ve done it four times now.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector grapeape private msg quote post Address this user
Don't get discouraged. I know this is overwhelming. You're going to have to be patient. This can be fixed.
I would be afraid to send them back without speaking to a CBCS Rep. As bad as this is you have the books safely in your possession.If you just send them and they get lost who would you talk to?
Are there any comic shops near you that act as CBCS drop off and pick up points? They might have some advice on how to break through. Do a google search for your local comic shops and see if any act as a partner with CBCS.
Good luck!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape
If you just send them and they get lost who would you talk to?
Probably no one. Same as if he got pre-approval and they get lost.

I wouldn't be afraid to send them back unannounced. I trust them to do the right thing. Just write a detailed note including all contact info.
They'll figure it out.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Damn! 4 times with just 1 customer.

I knew CGC's QC was inept, but I had no idea that CBCS customers were having lots of QC problems.
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard Inept would suggest they have customer service. For most people it’s non-existent

Quote:
Quote:

I also would not send them back unannounced. Yes they might still get lost but at least you then have a written record from them acknowledging the books were on their way and what they were expected to do when they arrived.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard my books were only damaged at cbcs and not mislabeled, I'm not sure if that makes me lucky or not.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Somewhat good news to report initially. A short time ago a customer support person reached out to get my info and is preparing a return label. Let’s see how this goes. Thanks everyone I guess I’m lucky but I’ll keep you updated. It’s only been a week and it’s also a coincidence that I just started this thread today. I am grateful if it can get resolved.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:

I knew CGC's QC was inept, but I had no idea that CBCS customers were having lots of QC problems.
For the record, it was only wrong labels once. The other 3 times was numerous cracked cases.

Edit: I do contact someone to no avail. The person doesn’t respond anymore and may not even work there still.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact630
Somewhat good news to report initially. A short time ago a customer support person reached out to get my info and is preparing a return label. Let’s see how this goes. Thanks everyone I guess I’m lucky but I’ll keep you updated. It’s only been a week and it’s also a coincidence that I just started this thread today. I am grateful if it can get resolved.

Once you get a response and a label is being prepared for you, you're usually doing well. Your books should get taken care of.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Gaard Inept would suggest they have customer service. For most people it’s non-existent

Quote:
Quote:

I also would not send them back unannounced. Yes they might still get lost but at least you then have a written record from them acknowledging the books were on their way and what they were expected to do when they arrived.

Agreed, that is the best thing to do.
But the reality is he'll probably never hear from customer service.
Wait too long, and it will be too late.

I'm on 4 months waiting for an answer on overcharging.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:

For the record, it was only wrong labels once. The other 3 times was numerous cracked cases.

Edit: I do contact someone to no avail. The person doesn’t respond anymore and may not even work there still.

His name was Steve something?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for your misfortune, I’ve received literally hundreds of slabs from CBCS and a little less CGC never had a label error. Just newton rings and the occasional loose slab from cgc. Only Cbcs issues I had were scuffs on the cases.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Nchatzi7 private msg quote post Address this user
Just stop using their service..I know I did..
One submission, terrible customer service..they didn’t see me after that..ever..period..
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I am just wondering - who is in charge of quality control - or is that function not operating?
Post 29 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I am just wondering - who is in charge of quality control - or is that function not operating?

Post 30 IP   flag post
601487 71 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?