Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS PressingQuestionsSignatures

Comic not listed on submission form18809

Collector Lothran private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
I am trying to send in a 1976 Captain Britain #8 for pressing, signature verification and grading but the submission form does not recognize the comic name. It gives me options to list it as "Captain Britain and MI:6" or "Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders".

Is there a way around this? Can I list it as one of those and include a note with an explanation? Would they list the correct name on the label?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Post 2 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, there's a way to enter your own title. Type in exactly what you want even though the system says no matches. When you try to submit it will tell you and give you an option to enter your own. Again, type in exactly what you want and then submit again. It should take that second time. CBCS will "fix it" if necessary.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lothran private msg quote post Address this user
@figment Thank you, that worked for me.
I thought the message was an error message and not a clickable link.
Thank you again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
@Lothran Welcome to the Forum!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector sly private msg quote post Address this user
I have books graded from CBCS that are not even on the census. About 20-30 Canadian Price Variants.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Captain Britain #8 (1976) would be the UK Marvel series. In this case the book is too large to be graded by CBCS as it would have to be graded as a magazine and as we know ...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
My first time, I was just as confused. Pounding on the table frustration. lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Captain Britain #8 (1976) would be the UK Marvel series. In this case the book is too large to be graded by CBCS as it would have to be graded as a magazine and as we know ...

It can still be graded, but they'll just seal it in a Mylite not a hard case. The magazine size cases won't be ready until April, 3022...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO

@Lothran You should be aware of the information above before you ship it off. It won't be in a case, and the declared value needs to be low enough to qualify for Raw Grade (I believe $250 is still max).
Post 10 IP   flag post
601466 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?