Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingCBCS Signature VSP

Regrading Question...18787

Collector SpikeSoleil private msg quote post Address this user
I recently received grades for a number of comics with lower than ideal grades, and from the grading notes it appears that several of those might well have graded much higher with pressing. Is it possible to submit existing, graded comics for regrading with added pressing? I'm sure the cost would be the same, I'm just curious if CBCS accepts submissions like that?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
yes you can. theyll remove the comic from slab...and press and then regrade
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum, @SpikeSoleil.

Sure you can resubmit for pressing and, afterward, regrading. You'd just have to submit the books again with the proper options selected on the form and proper payment made. Note there is a long TAT for pressing right now so you might be waiting for a long time before the books were returned to you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Okay, Thanks! Hate to pay for grading twice, but my bad for not requesting pressing for these comics originally.
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
You could also pay for a grade screen for each book. CBCS would then examine each book and press only those books that they believe works benefit from pressing. That might save you a few dollars versus pressing all of them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I've done this several times when I had a graded book I wanted signed. I re-submit, it gets cracked out of the slab, signed, pressed, and re-graded. I've had a couple of really nice grade bumps that way.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Okay, thanks everyone! I haven't received the books yet - still in shipment - but I will definitely consider regrading with press screening for some of them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601455 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?