Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 yikes!!! those should be up by now!! Have you at least been charged? if so then you can guarantee they have your books!
Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics No, I haven't been charged, and I just have the pink invoice slip given to me at the convention. Them not having my books has been my biggest fear, especially as I sent one of my favorite key books in for pressing.

So that's why I've called twice, but they just keep telling me that they have them and that they will show up. I've been polite so far, but after the official 16 weeks for pressing goes by, I'm going to be more "forceful" with my next call.

I don't mind that the pressing takes so long, I just want them to be in the dashboard so I can have confirmation that they're actually there.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 @AmazingSpidergram

I spoke to Kendra in customer service last week about my books received on June 5th (dropped off at a con on June 1st). In her best "estimate" which I told her I understood to be "unofficial" she estimated it should be complete by the end of this month. My card was charged and the books are now showing received.

If you can reach Kendra, she will give you most of the answers you need. I'm at ease for the moment (at least until Oct. 31)

(EDIT - I submitted a total of 6 books, 5 modern and 1 expanded (extended?). Two of the moderns had signatures to be verified, two had authentic signatures. All had pressing.)
Post 828 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk cool..I handed my books over June 7th bu they show received as early July - maybe a christmas present for myself??
Post 829 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk @KatKomics Thanks so much for the input! I got a call from Kendra today and she apologized and told me that the data entry person in Florida quit awhile back and it's been really tough for them to have the data entered. Basically, the folks doing the pressing are doing the data entry as they go through the books that they press. Right now, they're working on books submitted in June. Kendra also said that they're sending a person from Texas to the Florida location to help with the data entry (though that person won't be there until the end of the month).

Kendra was super nice and helpful, and she apologized again for the lack of information on the dashboard. I'm supposed to call her back if my dashboard isn't updated by the end of the month.

So I feel a lot better about the situation. I guess if anyone knows some data entry folks looking for work in Florida, they should give CBCS a call.
Post 830 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
@Paint_Monk @KatKomics Thanks so much for the input! I got a call from Kendra today and she apologized and told me that the data entry person in Florida quit awhile back and it's been really tough for them to have the data entered. Basically, the folks doing the pressing are doing the data entry as they go through the books that they press. Right now, they're working on books submitted in June. Kendra also said that they're sending a person from Texas to the Florida location to help with the data entry (though that person won't be there until the end of the month).

Kendra was super nice and helpful, and she apologized again for the lack of information on the dashboard. I'm supposed to call her back if my dashboard isn't updated by the end of the month.

So I feel a lot better about the situation. I guess if anyone knows some data entry folks looking for work in Florida, they should give CBCS a call.

Data entry!!!

I know at least 7 guys out of work from a mine in Florida...kind of short and they like to sing as they work but pretty good otherwise.
Post 831 IP   flag post
@KatKomics LOL! I think I know those guys. Not sure if they'll work well, I hear some of them are too sleepy or grumpy....
Post 832 IP   flag post
265061 832 7
destitute