Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I have one book I’d like to send in for pressing and would probably send in more often if I wouldn’t have to wait half a year or more to get them back.

I know we all have more important things on our minds right now but I would love to see an official statement addressing the issue and hopefully layout some plan to get things under control

FYI fast pressing works it took about 2 months for me
Post 976 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@teacha777 When were your books submitted?
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@teacha777 When were your books submitted?

12/31 for the year end sale got them back beginning of March for proof look at my CBCS slab sale thread you can see tmnt 100 signed on 12/11
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I'll try to find an outside pressing service until CBCS fixes the awful TAT. I've heard (though do not know firsthand) that even CGC is faster on pressing turnaround. Is there truth in that?
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector josfriend private msg quote post Address this user
Yes CGC pressing and slabbing is faster. I turned in books to both CGC and CBCS at Chicago Wizard World in August 2019. The CGC books were back in January. The CBCS books are still waiting to be pressed.
Post 980 IP   flag post

Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by josfriend
Yes CGC pressing and slabbing is faster. I turned in books to both CGC and CBCS at Chicago Wizard World in August 2019. The CGC books were back in January. The CBCS books are still waiting to be pressed.

Post 981 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts posted an update on Pressing Services

They are currently working on books from mid-August, so about 7 months ago, and will continue operating until they are forced to do so.

Apparently they have plans for beefing up the pressing program but due to the current state of things are waiting to implement until things settle down a bit.
Post 982 IP   flag post
598060 982 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?