Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
my books were received early March...Modern Tier with Press, no Fast Pass...when can I reasonably expect to get them back?

They've been pressed and should start showing progress on your dashboard within the next week or two. I don't think it will take much longer than that before they ship to you.

Fantastic!!!!!!

Oh man. You had those Crow books. Those were fun.
I think you'll be amazed with the results. 👍

I very much look forward to seeing them!! Thank you!!!
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts What is this billing policy for sending in a CGC encased comic for CBCS Pressing & Grading? I ask because back in January I sent in an order for such and upon receipt by CBCS in FL, the $12 pressing fee was removed and a $5 press screening fee was added. Then a couple of days ago, I noticed that the $12 pressing fee was re-added while the $5 press screening fee is still applied. I sent in a note to customer service, but haven't received a response yet. I just want to also make sure I load up the orders correctly as I have a couple dozen more CGC encased books that I want to send in for press and re-grade by CBCS.

Thanks much.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I believe that before cracking out of a case they will screen first (as best they can through the case) to see if a press would be likely to increase the grade of the book.

Pretty sure that's why you ended up with the screening charge.

If you want them pressed no matter what then might be easier to just crack them out of the cases before sending in?
Post 678 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator If you choose "Press Screen" on a book that was already in a holder by any certification company, you are charged the screening fee. If I think it has a chance to get a grade bump, the book is then cracked out of the holder and pressed and sent for grading. You are charged the pressing and grading fees in addition to the screening fee. If I do not think it has a chance of getting a grade bump, I leave it in the case, which is sent back to you without being pressed or graded by CBCS, and you only pay the screening fee.
Post 679 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Thank you for your reply. That is the thing though. I did not choose "Press Sceen" I opted directly for Press & Grade. CBCS added press screen after order receipt.
Post 680 IP   flag post

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I asked for them to give you a credit to your account for the press screen.
Post 681 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Sooooo, it turns out that I am a dumb@$$. I did indeed mark the X-Men 100 for Press Screen on the original submission.
Post 682 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts. Just saw your credit reply after I sent my affirmation of my being a dumb@$$. My apologies for disturbing you and appreciate your service but please do not have credit given as I am in error.
Post 683 IP   flag post
242108 683 8
destitute