CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Update11521

Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang
Hello,

Quick question about pressing for submissions sent to Oakville Office.
Is it done onsite? Or do they send it out?

Thanks in advance!

nothing is done in Canada..all our books are sent to the Dallas office for pressing and grading, then sent back to Oakville and then back to us through FedEx or Canada Post.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering if pressing is still moving along or if it is all bunged up because of the weather down there. I have an order that was rec'd on Nov. 6th. Based on the last update, if things are moving along, it should be in pressing soonish?
Post 677 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, pressing is still rolling along. Everything received in October has been pressed. November orders are starting to move into grading now and should all be there over the next few weeks.

The turnaround time in pressing is improving every week. For standard tier orders received today, you can expect about a 10 to 11 week turnaround.

It took a while to get over the mountain of backlog, but we are finally getting it under control. We are certainly going to keep working to make it even better than it is now.
Post 678 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts received e-mail saying my books have moved into the pressing area...is this the start of the 10 to 11 week turnaround or does that start at another stage/step in the process?
Post 679 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Your orders were not re eived until early November. If they're not already in grading, they will be over the next week or two.

I have no idea what the specific internal email triggers are, nor what email gets sent when. I used to know, but they've been changed over the last year or so.
Post 680 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@KatKomics Your orders were not re eived until early November. If they're not already in grading, they will be over the next week or two.

I have no idea what the specific internal email triggers are, nor what email gets sent when. I used to know, but they've been changed over the last year or so.

thanks! just get anxious when seeing others with the same/similar dates and same submission process and services being done with notifications and completions of orders but radio silence for my order.
Post 681 IP   flag post
369930 681 6