Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Still time left....

Time left for what? To laugh at the high bidder?
Post 151 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Well it's ended at over 18k and I'm sure more will pop up in the next year. There's less than 350 copies of them on the census between the standard and San Diego comic con editions. I still feel this price is less outrageous than the uf#4 variant.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well it's ended at over 18k and I'm sure more will pop up in the next year. There's less than 350 copies of them on the census between the standard and San Diego comic con editions.

Because many didn’t bother grading it.. seeing the absurd transacted price, that will … change. Well sold, poorly bought.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well it's ended at over 18k and I'm sure more will pop up in the next year. There's less than 350 copies of them on the census between the standard and San Diego comic con editions. I still feel this price is less outrageous than the uf#4 variant.

That is just plain crazy
Post 154 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this article and thought it was a joke. Apparently I was mistaken.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/17/rampaging-monkeys-kill-250-dogs-in-india-in-revenge-massacrerampaging-monkeys-kill-250-dogs-in-india-in-revenge-massacre/
Post 155 IP   flag post

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
The seller missed out - could have had McFarlane sign it - then sell it for ONE MILLLION DOLLARS....
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
i am currently in denmark. anyone who wishes me to look for any danish comic covers? if so - pls let me know the US version you are looking for and i can see if available and at what price
Post 157 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
i am currently in denmark. anyone who wishes me to look for any danish comic covers? if so - pls let me know the US version you are looking for and i can see if available and at what price

I couldn't send a pic in the pm, here's a pic of the series and the most desirable one, but any work.

Post 158 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Update on hotshot comics. Dispute with citibank failed even though its long overdue in terms of receiving of the book in question. Apparently his wording on the website weasels his way out of dispute.

Buy from hotshot comics at your own risk.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
Would you guys say renewing my subscription would be worth it for just sending in VSP books?
Post 160 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Hey - can you give the link to your original post, I (and others who missed it) would like to know what happened. Thanks!
Post 161 IP   flag post
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/18057/page/40/ask-questions-here-without-starting-a-new-thread-2022-part-2/#979
Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/18057/page/40/ask-questions-here-without-starting-a-new-thread-2022-part-2/#979

Make another new claim of fraud by Hot Shot. Cite the information you found on their practices.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Feliz Navidad / van halen / ain't talking about love Mashup

Post 164 IP   flag post
@Bronte thanks, I can’t believe I forgot about this. (Aging sucks). Good luck.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Ok, going to send in ONE of these for the Hugh Jackman signing.

Advice please. You all have never steered me wrong. Do I choose the 9.6 with Claremont Remarque, or the 9.8 with just Claremont signature to get Hugh Jackman's signature?

The others will get Joe Rubinstein signed (and possibly Remarque) at the ft lauderdale con. (Unfortunately I’d love to get Jackman AND Rubinstein to same the same book, but the timing is off, the con is Jan 15, and Jackman cut off is Jan 14.) Oh well..

Thoughts?

Post 166 IP   flag post
My vote is without remarque. Some folks don't like signature of folks not directly involved with book. I'd minimize that risk if possible by leaving remarque book alone.
Post 167 IP   flag post
@Bronte smart, thanks. Without Remarque it is.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Dont take my word on it. Wait for others opinions and thoughts as well. I could be wrong.... lol
Post 169 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 I'm with @Bronte I'd leave the Remarqued book as is.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Tell Jack Human to keep his signature.
Post 171 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g lol - but im a fan of Jackman. Claremont and Jackman on a book is happiness for me.

And yes - Im leaving the remarqued books alone (unless Miller ever does a local con or signing event).

Thanks!
Post 172 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Someone should send him a deadpool book and ask him to sign it "Ryan Reynolds", that would be a great CGC label to read 🤣
Post 173 IP   flag post
So Tom cruise is doing a stunt where he jumps off a cliff with a motorcycle and leaves motorcycle parachutes to safety. He states it is one of the most dangerous stunts ever.

https://twitter.com/TomCruise/status/1604839778125430785?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1604839778125430785%7Ctwgr%5E72d712d1d747ce85af9a444996195f19536cd8e3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-35239645583430141905.ampproject.net%2F2211302304002%2Fframe.html
Post 174 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So Tom cruise is doing a stunt where he jumps off a cliff with a motorcycle and leaves motorcycle parachutes to safety. He states it is one of the most dangerous stunts ever.

https://twitter.com/TomCruise/status/1604839778125430785?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1604839778125430785%7Ctwgr%5E72d712d1d747ce85af9a444996195f19536cd8e3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-35239645583430141905.ampproject.net%2F2211302304002%2Fframe.html

Sixty years old and still doing his own stunts!!! The man is a beast!!!!
Post 175 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte and @Jesse_O - He’s just pissed that Kate Winslet held her breath underwater for over 7 minutes and Sigourney Weaver held her’s for 6 and a half minutes while they were filming the Avatar sequel. They both broke Cruise’s record of 6 minutes that he set during filming for one of the Mission Impossible movies.
Post 176 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Sixty years old and still doing his own stunts!!! The man is a beast!!!!

I am shocked the studio allowed him to do this! He's worth alot of money to alot of people and surprised insurance would allow it too.
Post 177 IP   flag post
If a person is set on doing something, can you really say no to them?
Post 178 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
What's the best way to look up stamps to see if they're worth anything? I'm finding typing each price and description on ebay to be far too tedious.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What's the best way to look up stamps to see if they're worth anything? I'm finding typing each price and description on ebay to be far too tedious.

Maybe try the image search function on the eBay app? That might be easier, but also hit and miss based on the images.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600916 999 30