Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So I initiated a dispute with credit card and lost on the March purchase of a comic by hotshot comics. My suggestion is to avoid doing business with them. It's not worth the aggravation or loss of money.
Post 976 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You can dispute it again. Why did you lose?
Post 977 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So I initiated a dispute with credit card and lost on the March purchase of a comic by hotshot comics. My suggestion is to avoid doing business with them. It's not worth the aggravation or loss of money.

details please?
Post 978 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

Citibank automated navigation sucks. But they said I didn't submit enough information. I RESENT everything I have and copy and pasted email responses by the company and time I called to the company.

We shall see if that is enough.

@multi007

I bought a comic preorder from hotshot comics on March 26th. Eta was 14-16 weeks. Obviously it is passed that mark. It was amazing Spider-man 93. First cover of chasm. All I get is canned responses from them. I did some searching and apparently their MO is to stretch out the delivery so far that paypal and credit cards will fail in disputes .

Their BBB rating is an F. Cgc forums have a few threads saying the guy is an ass if you try and ask where your comic or money is. Apparently he hides behind a legit brick and mortar.

I tried contacting him on Facebook and he said it's only for social media. But his email response says to check Instagram for unboxings.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte that stinks. All you can do now is hope the book shows up in the mail eventually... or run into him at a con
Post 980 IP   flag post

@multi007

I dint go to cons so that's never happening. I reopened the dispute as @DrWatson suggested so we shall see. I have 2 other orders with them as well so I don't know how this will play out. You figure most companies fulfill their obligations but this guy from what I've read gets nasty if you ask too many questions.

All I can say at this point is never buy from hotshot comics....
Post 981 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
eBay coupon code; FUNHOLIDAY Not sure if this is eBay.ca only or not but it's $20 off a $100 or higher purchase. Good through to October 31.
Post 982 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@multi007

I dint go to cons so that's never happening. I reopened the dispute as @DrWatson suggested so we shall see. I have 2 other orders with them as well so I don't know how this will play out. You figure most companies fulfill their obligations but this guy from what I've read gets nasty if you ask too many questions.

All I can say at this point is never buy from hotshot comics....

I'd dispute all your orders. Get your money and don't look back. Sucks this is happening.
Post 983 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You have a year and can dispute multiple times.I would also speak directly to a customer service representative, explain the situation, and dispute all orders as mentioned above. I would also suggest hinting to customer service that if they couldn't support their customers better than that against fraud, then I would be looking for another credit card company.
Post 984 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
What would you rather find at a yard sale:
Detective Comics 1 thru 26 or a Detective Comics 27?
Post 985 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Murmonster
That's a tough one. The rebel in me says #1 ~ 26, but I can't deny the urge to grab a #27.
Post 986 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd I agree it was a fun question to have with some folks at the Baltimore con figured I would ask the board too. I’m in the 1-26 camp.
Post 987 IP   flag post
@Murmonster
The advantage to #1 ~ 26 is that I can pay off my mortgage and still keep some nifty books.
Post 988 IP   flag post
Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone dealt with ComicLink for auctioning books? Good or bad if so. Thinking of sending some books there.
Thanks.
Post 989 IP   flag post
@Murmonster @Byrdibyrd I would go with Tec#27 for the sole reason that with either option, I'm selling the book/books immediately to cash in. It's easier/faster to sell 1 book vs. 26 books. I'm assuming the books are all the same grade.
Post 990 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
When TF does Jake Paul get knocked TF out?!!
Post 991 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
When TF does Jake Paul get knocked TF out?!!

probably when his brother becomes wwe undisputed universal champion

Post 992 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
ASM 300 published May 1988 and Incredible Hulk 344 published June 1988. Both my McFarlane; Which cover do you think inspired the other?

Post 993 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
One is natural looking and the other forced… and I wonder which he spent more time thinking through 🤔
Post 994 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp162
Has anyone dealt with ComicLink for auctioning books? Good or bad if so. Thinking of sending some books there.
Thanks.

I've only used them to buy comics, never to sell (I've only sold through Fee-bay). They're great for buyers, that much I can vouch for.
Post 995 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
ASM 300 published May 1988 and Incredible Hulk 344 published June 1988. Both my McFarlane; Which cover do you think inspired the other?

There was a circle backdrop faze going on with the artist in 88

Post 996 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

That's an interesting question and I never thought of it before. Hmmm...
Post 997 IP   flag post
Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

Never heard of them, do you have a link please and thanks, Google search brings up Instagram account
Post 998 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 999 IP   flag post
600698 999 24