Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
does anyone know 60s gi joes that can give me a quick rough value of this lot?

Post 101 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
No real help unfortunately, but I gotta ask why are the Joe's nude?
Post 102 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
No real help unfortunately, but I gotta ask why are the Joe's nude?

lol not sure, that's how it was sent to me 🤣
Post 103 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone use Beckett signature verification service on ebay auction recently and get a response?

I know it's the holidays but the order said it's complete and I didn't get squat. I'm hoping customer service in that department exists....
Post 104 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sooo....I've taken a bit of a break from the forum for a bit...anyone see the discount on Express tiers?

TAT's are still crazy right? - won't this just push all non-express even further back since the express are 'guaranteed' times?

Maybe I missed something where TAT's are back to 3 or 4 months so this is all good??

Also..it says "up to 33% off" but nowhere can I find what the requirements are to get 33% off
is it a certain # of books, is it a scale on tier i.e. modern, current etc.?? Express, Express plus or Super Express??
Why not just straight 33% off??

Also, also - will be applied when books received - why not a code on the form?
Can I reject the order if I don't get 33%

Why is everything a secret - why no details? why do I have to ask for details? why aren't they provided?
why is the sky blue? why do I care??
Gonna go do life for a few more days - CBCS makes me feel bad things and that's not good
Post 105 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - Check out this thread for more answers (but not all).

clickable text
Post 106 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@KatKomics - Check out this thread for more answers (but not all).

clickable text

thanks!! I didn't see that - it should really just be on the home page - or like when you click to go to the offer the details should be there

looks like new and modern are 33% and vintage 25%

tats are still too crazy for me and I don't like the concept of a promo on something that will slow down normal grading.....
Post 107 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I don't like the concept of a promo on something that will slow down normal grading.....

Bingo!!!!!!!!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Sooo....I've taken a bit of a break from the forum for a bit...anyone see the discount on Express tiers?

TAT's are still crazy right? - won't this just push all non-express even further back since the express are 'guaranteed' times?

Maybe I missed something where TAT's are back to 3 or 4 months so this is all good??

Also..it says "up to 33% off" but nowhere can I find what the requirements are to get 33% off
is it a certain # of books, is it a scale on tier i.e. modern, current etc.?? Express, Express plus or Super Express??
Why not just straight 33% off??

Also, also - will be applied when books received - why not a code on the form?
Can I reject the order if I don't get 33%

Why is everything a secret - why no details? why do I have to ask for details? why aren't they provided?
why is the sky blue? why do I care??
Gonna go do life for a few more days - CBCS makes me feel bad things and that's not good

Yup - wrong focus. Bring down TAT as Black Friday deals instead of adding to the work load which will increase TAT. At this stage I have given up all hope on CBCS
Post 109 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone living in the DMV area. Good deals to be had today.

Post 110 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 I didn’t make it to TBC on Saturday but will swing by during the week and see if I can sweet talk them into giving me a retroactive discount. Curious if they sold their Fantastic Four #1.
Did you buy anything yourself?
Post 112 IP   flag post
Keith said he had a buyer lined for a raw Fantastic Four 1. He did a cash/trade on an ASM 1 6.0 restored. I was looking at buying an ASM 5 from him but I ended up buying an ASM 3 from @Byrdibyrd instead. I got a couple wall books for 50% off.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
@drmccoy74 I didn’t make it to TBC on Saturday but will swing by during the week and see if I can sweet talk them into giving me a retroactive discount. Curious if they sold their Fantastic Four #1.
He will probably hook you up. He's a good dude
Post 114 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
I just started buying again. 10K on home improvements but I'm done now except for a few small things. Its Christmas time now. I'll hit him up again after the New Year. He always has good new stuff
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 All the guys there are great they’ve always hooked me up with very fair deals. Recently I’ve been doing more selling than buying but still stop in about every 2 weeks to see what they have cuz like you said they always have good new stuff.
Post 116 IP   flag post
For those of you who missed it, top gun maverick is releasing in theaters again. December 1 or 2 I think is the first date.

It is also being released on streaming I think on the 22 of December. Paramount plus.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
What makes people chase a comic book because of who published it? This "seven days" comic by Bad Idea is the catalyst for my question. I find nothing that hints that the art, story or the artist is driving the market for this. It's all because it was published by Bad Idea and theoretically scarce. I understand variant covers, and I understand truly RARE comics, but this is really a head scratcher for me.

I'm all for people buying whatever for any reason, I'm just tying to understand the appeal.

I have a few comics that are one of a hundred or two hundred. They are dollar books at best. I bought them used because the art or story looked good. I don't think I paid over $5 for any of them. To buy a book without knowing the art, the story or the artist is totally baffling me.
Post 118 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O, I refer to it as "the flavor of the week".
Post 119 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I think some collectors buy low print runs because they equate low print runs with scarcity and scarcity with high value. For something to be scarce and high value it must also be highly desirable or sought after. Sometimes low print runs are simply because the publishers market research dictate it to be (i.e. not highly desirable or sought after).
Post 120 IP   flag post
Ya know, I think my lowest print run book might be a Peanuts SDCC cover limited to 250. It’s a 9.6 and does anyone know what it’s worth? No, because no one cares.
Post 121 IP   flag post
So if you are interested in cheap TPB, and don't care too much about removing stickers Ollie's has a shit ton. They also have a ton of grab bag comics from 70s to current according to packaging. Just spent about 70$ on a ton of books. Ranging from tmnt to web of spiderman and xmen. Even one virgin cover I can't identify until I open package.

Edit

Ok I opened tbe grab bags. The front and back are marvel / dc the stuff in between are crap. There are publishers I have never even heard of. The IDW, packs are kinda solid though if you like TMNT. The xmen 1 with Wolverine and cyclops is apparently the gatefold version and if mint should be worth the price of admission on that pack. The rest not do much. But I did get one TPB I love the cover of.

Post 122 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just how aggravated do you get when an artist cancels a con you’ve been planning for months? 😡😡
Post 123 IP   flag post
Depends if you paid for a commission and he is a no show?
Post 124 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think we'll make it to the new year without another suspension? 😉
Post 125 IP   flag post
I think so. We haven't had any disruptive folks lately. It seems like the regulars are all that frequent the forums lately.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Just how aggravated do you get when an artist cancels a con you’ve been planning for months? 😡😡
Dude……. I drove to Niagara Falls in 2019 for Dale Keown stuff. He canceled the night before when I was sitting in my hotel room.
Post 127 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He doesn't usually like to cross the border.
Post 128 IP   flag post
He’s Canadian eh. I was on that side. I heard of other issues while I was there.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad daaaaaaang.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601537 999 30