Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

(Likely Cards): Huge Savings Start Tomorrow: 25% - 50% off18779

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It appears its an Express discount only. Remember when express was only $40 before they decided to raise the price a second time? Now you can get a discount and almost pay the original express price for new and modern tiers.
Post 26 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It appears its an Express discount only. Remember when express was only $40 before they decided to raise the price a second time? Now you can get a discount and almost pay the original express price for new and modern tiers.

It's joke (on us) allowing more books to skip ahead of the books we have been waiting months or in some cases, over a year to get back. Instead of making the TAT problem worse, why not finish the back log of books ungraded instead of running a promotion for books to push the rest of us to the back of the line over and over. Certainly not the brightest folks steering the boat.....
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
They don't even know exactly what discount they're offering, just up to 33% off Express without any more details. Clueless.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone here even going to give this a try?
Post 29 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I'm not since I don't know for sure the amount of the discount.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Isn’t it 33% off New and Modern - $40 instead of $60, and 25% off Vintage - $60 instead of $80?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo where did you find this info pal, i cant see this anywhere. Also cant see the discount code or promo code.
Post 32 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep you're right, @esaravo. I just got (and I mean just now) a new email. It now shows what the actual savings are.

Post 33 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 beat me to it, I just took a screenshot of that .
Post 34 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Would be nice to see a Black Friday comic discount I been thinking of sending done more in but just haven’t done it yet a discount would motivate me more lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Travis
A discount would definitely be a motivating factor for me, too!

Ask and ye shall receive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Yep you're right, @esaravo. I just got (and I mean just now) a new email. It now shows what the actual savings are.

Post 35 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 - Now the question is, does the same discount percentage apply to those of us with memberships, or is that the discounted price with or without a membership?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
Also, when does the promotion end?

Does the package have to be post marked by a certain date?

Do we write the promotion discount on the invoice that accompanies the books?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@DWeeB1967 - Now the question is, does the same discount percentage apply to those of us with memberships, or is that the discounted price with or without a membership?

It would take a wiser man that me to answer that one, @esaravo.
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Buckets - Home page says it ends 11/28.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
👍 Thank you as I didn't catch it the 1st go around.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks - for the info - guess I'm not on becketts e-mail list as I never received any details on what rate for what tier - sad...that it's just not on the home page
Post 41 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious if a Vintage Plus express option would get a discount. Would the package need to be postmarked or received by 11/28? I know some leeway in the past has been given on promotional stuff but not really sure how they operate now. I'd ask customer service but I'd like to know the answer before 2024.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I had been thinking about sending in some books for grading for several months, so I succumbed to the cyber-weekend pressure and submitted 5 books today to take advantage of the sale. I have piles of books that I’d like to get graded; all I need is the funds! Anyway my wish for a Christmas miracle is that CBCS gets caught up on their TAT’s on normal grading/pressing and they finally get their customer service fixed.

Here’s my drek that is on its way to Plano:

Post 43 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Great books!! Every one of them Ed! I look forward to seeing them when you get them back.
Post 44 IP   flag post
My tracking shows the books were received by CBCS a little after 1 pm today. Let’s see how long it takes before I get the email and my dashboard is updated.
Post 45 IP   flag post
So far, so good. I got my books received email from CBCS about a half-hour ago, and a minute after that I got the payment received email. It looks like all discounts were applied too!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Received an email that the books are in grading already - amazing!
Post 47 IP   flag post
That's great!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That is awesome! Looking forward to seeing them.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
I got charged full price and didn't get the holiday discount. I guess I could dispute the credit card charge. Any other suggestions? I did email customer service but no reply.
Post 50 IP   flag post
My books are reportedly graded and on their way to encapsulation!

@Raven7of9 - Did you write “Please apply the Holiday Discount to this order” on the invoice you included with your order?
Post 51 IP   flag post
I didn't know I needed to.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
My books are reportedly graded and on their way to encapsulation

Can't wait to see the Phantom Stranger come back.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I just got the email that the slabs have shipped and should be back home well in advance of Christmas! Now I wish I had sent in 10 books instead of just five.
Post 54 IP   flag post
CBCS has issued me a refund for the amount of the discount. Thanks!!
Post 55 IP   flag post
600771 58 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?