Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 401 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

SO ... MANY ... QUESTIONS!!!
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross love old superman covers! And those are in nice condition for the age. Awesome!
Post 403 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
@southerncross love old superman covers! And those are in nice condition for the age. Awesome!

Thanks, all in $60 from my lcs about a hour ago so I thought yep 👍
Post 404 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

SO ... MANY ... QUESTIONS!!!

The helmet for safety?

The fact superman has a rifle?

Or the fact he can fly!

Or all of the above 🤪
Post 405 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - You are so lucky/blessed to have such a great LCS, Michael. I literally looked for over 5 years to get a decent looking reader copy of Adventure Comics #282 (at a decent price). Nice pickups!
Post 406 IP   flag post
@esaravo thanks, I was too late to the store in Xmas Eve because a few days earlier the first Zod phantom zone had already sold. I would have liked that one.
Post 407 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 408 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Batman66 for parting with this. I didn’t get it until today since it was a gift.

Baby’s first balisong…….

Post 409 IP   flag post
Collector MRmintastic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Back in February, I sent 13 magazines to CGC. Right now they are in the pressing stage. By the time they get graded I'm sure the TAT will be right at a year. Still faster than the non-existent CBCS magazine grading. Their loss.
Speaking of which. I was going to send in some Pokemon cards to Beckett. I thought they would be cheaper than comic books because of less material...NOPE!
Does anyone know what "subgrades" are?

Subgrades are the 4 areas that determine the condition of a card - centering, corners, edges and surface.
I have read that Beckett actually has an algorithm or uses AI in some capacity to determine the final grade once the subgrades have been assigned. For the higher grades it's often a nobrainer, but can be tricky for mid or lower grade cards. Here's an example of a card with subs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266053321974
Post 410 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Not all new, but newly signed.

Post 411 IP   flag post
Dwamn!!!!!
Post 412 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to @DWeeB1967, this

...will soon join the rest at the front of the line:

Looking forward to receiving it!

Cheers David!
Post 413 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What, are you trying to get one copy in every grade, Angelo??? I love it! 😄
Post 414 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Cheers David!

Beautiful!!!
Post 415 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What, are you trying to get one copy in every grade, Angelo??? I love it! 😄

I actually have a couple of raws that would likely grade 4.0 to 4.5 but I'm trying for the other end of the spectrum....I appreciate the assist in getting me there. 🍻
Post 416 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Cheers David!

Beautiful!!!

Thanks!! 🍻
Post 417 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Glad I could help, @GAC. 🍻
Post 418 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Cheers David!

Beautiful!!!

Thanks!! 🍻

I was pushing towards the every grade also, but had to lock it into top grades only. Life took over my collecting style and dialed it in. I still love seeing a stack of the same book! A fantastic collection!!!
Post 419 IP   flag post
I know your every grade book pardner.
Post 420 IP   flag post

Post 421 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I know your every grade book pardner.

And I share your zen like retreat.
Post 422 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I still love seeing a stack of the same book!

If you would like to stare at a stack of Spawn #1, I could probably arrange it.
Post 423 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a healthy stack of asm 194 at this point
Post 424 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Cheers David!

Beautiful!!!

Thanks!! 🍻

I was pushing towards the every grade also, but had to lock it into top grades only. Life took over my collecting style and dialed it in. I still love seeing a stack of the same book! A fantastic collection!!!

A year ago I created a thread requesting group shots of books in collections. Its archived now but check it out here:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15213/page/1/group-shots-logicalthemed-groupings-of-books-in-your-collection/
Post 425 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

I just added this to my PC. Low grade but good luck finding these EBAL editions of JLA #1 in any grade, they are not getting any cheaper. I love all the different variations on this cover!
Post 426 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

final pickup of the year. Exciting comics 9, the first appearance of the black terror. Along with my copy of black terror 1
Post 427 IP   flag post

I bought this today from @SidTheSquid New Years Eve Slab Deals for a good price. I'd reccomend taking a look...lots of good books with great deals. Thanks Noah!!
Post 428 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got this back from the Todd father's signing
Post 429 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Found the last issue I needed to complete my run of Batman between 400-500. It was not on the shelf yet, but I asked if they had it and yes, it was in the back room. 🤓
Post 430 IP   flag post
601289 999 30