Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Group Shots: Logical/Themed Groupings of Books in your Collection15213

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Let's see group shots of your comics.

It can be:
- books from the same title
- same character, different title
- same books/covers or not
- themed books: ex. black covers, time travel, space, dinosaurs, whatever.

Anything goes, as long as its a group shot (two books or more) and there's logic as to why they're grouped together.

If its not immediately obvious why they're grouped together, let us know.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Let's see group shots of your comics.

It can be:
- books from the same title
- same character, different title
- same books/covers or not
- themed books: ex. black covers, time travel, space, dinosaurs, whatever.

Anything goes, as long as its a group shot (two books or more) and there's logic as to why they're grouped together.

If its not immediately obvious why they're grouped together, let us know.

You need my 9.6 new gods. Lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head I do!! trying for a 9.4 atm.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Herkzy private msg quote post Address this user
I’m usually just a reader and don’t post to often. I was going to post about my impulse buy when it happened back in May but I talked myself out of posting, even after I typed it all out. I didn’t think that it came across as all that interesting.

That being said. I was at an auction, feeding my comic addiction back in May. The auction was over and I was collecting my winnings when the auctioneer spoke on the mike and said there was another box that was under a table and he wanted to get rid of it. He said X-men and I raise my hand and bought it “sight unseen”. I was the only bidder. It turned out to be 95 copies of all the same book.

I know that I will be selling them but I’m not ready to get into the selling side of things just yet because of all the stuff I have read about eBay and because I just don’t have the time.

But here’s a photo of what my wife says is my favorite X-men. (It’s not)

All were bagged but I am rebagging and boarding. I won’t treat them any different than my other newly acquired comics.

Has anyone else found a box like this? What did you do with your find?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Herkzy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Not a fan of Jack Kirby I take it? 😉
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Herkzy you could always sell them here
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Scifinator lol!! who?! 🍻
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

"Prepare to be Astounded......Never mess with a magical chick! Magic is as easy as 1,2,3!"
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Awesome set of books!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks GAC...you beat me to the punch posting New gods, so I had to go with something else I had a few lying around of.

Your collection is amazing as well. You have taken the time to slab yours....makes for a rather impressive display of comics. Thanks for sharing them
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Seeing @GAC's group shot of CBCS and CGC labels together sure makes a striking image for the label debate. Every single time, with CBCS I saw the comic book first and then went to the grade...With CGC I saw the grade first and then confirmed what the comic book was. I can see where the White background would appeal more if I were a collector of modern 9.8's. But I collect older books often at 2.5-7.0, so the idea of highlighting the grade just has absolutely no appeal to me.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Thanks! feel free to show all your Kirby fourth world stuff, in fact, please do post them!! Your collection requires multiple viewings!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Seeing @GAC's group shot of CBCS and CGC labels together sure makes a striking image for the label debate. Every single time, with CBCS I saw the comic book first and then went to the grade...With CGC I saw the grade first and then confirmed what the comic book was. I can see where the White background would appeal more if I were a collector of modern 9.8's. But I collect older books often at 2.5-7.0, so the idea of highlighting the grade just has absolutely no appeal to me.

Great observation and I agree completely!
Post 14 IP   flag post
I havent near the collection to share you have GAC, but sure, I will post the ones I do have.

Post 15 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town what a fantastic collection!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Does this count?

Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 18 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
A few of the MANY promo items including tattoos, rings, masks, posters, seeds, and stickers.

Post 19 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

The wall of Joosh’s favorite Newsstand Editions.
Post 20 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Morbius v2 full run w/ newsstand editions and variant covers.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Retirement fund. Two more DN 1s at CBCS.

Post 22 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Some signed goodies...

Post 23 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Awesome X-men Ann. 14's!!!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Green Lantern

Post 25 IP   flag post
Marvel Spotlight

Post 26 IP   flag post
Strange Adventures

Post 27 IP   flag post
Marvel Super-heroes

Post 28 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Group shot of my May 1972 collection. Still in the progress of building.

Basically collecting all main stream American comic books in comic book size only published in 1972 with the month of May on the cover.

I have 51 more issues to hunt down.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@southerncross awseome!!!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
597888 108 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?