Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeQuestions

Missing Comics after being graded...?18354

Collector jdante private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 21 comics to be graded, over a year ago (July 2021). I received an email, late July 2022, stating they were graded and pressed - ready to ship, and then nothing. No fedex tracking number... Nothing. Weeks went by until I attempted to contact CBCS support. I have been professional in my attempts; I have been very calm in my manner. Sadly, I am being ghosted by CBCS. Any attempts to address an ETA go unfounded; I get zero response. Is anyone else being treated this poorly?

I will try them one more time, next week. But I'm afraid I will have to seek legal assistance - that, or get marketplace to do a story on them.

I would strongly urge anyone to avoid CBCS, or do be cautious, if your comics have any significant value. I can't help but think there's criminality at play - when I can't even get a response from them. At this point, they are missing, but most likely stolen. They were graded, but I never received the grades.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@jdante
If you don't see grades and haven't been given a tracking number, it most likely hasn't shipped yet. I've had books get graded and then sit around for a while before they finally ship, though admittedly, I don't think I've had anything linger for more than a few weeks.

It has been really tough to get a response from CS, but I have been able to get that eventually. It seems as if messages about TATs or returns receive particularly delayed responses. Sorry, CBCS, but it is what it is. For me, I am willing to put up with that annoyance in return for a better product and outcome.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Your dashboard will always indicate the grades shortly after the comics are shipped. If you're not seeing any grades and never received a tracking #, chances are they haven't been shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We are currently working on September orders.

This is a post from 7 days ago in the CBCS pressing thread. Maybe they sent you the email by mistake and they only entered the queue for grading in late July 2022. That means it might take another six months from July for the books to be graded. I'd still be optimistic the books are in CBCS's possession but the lack of response is ridiculous. Hopefully someone from CBCS will respond here.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Not to add more stress to an already stressful situation, but I believe that is the time frame that CBCS sent books out to one of their employee's home in hopes of expediting their check-in process. During that time books wound up "missing" and they lost multiple orders from one submitter which was over 300+ books. Hopefully your books aren't some of the books that were lost, but supposedly CBCS called customers whose books were lost. If you haven't received a call from them telling you they lost your books, then that's a good thing, however they don't have a good track record of calling back their customers.

There is no point trying to call them because it'll only add to your frustration because they aren't very responsive with getting back to customer's emails or phone calls. As far as your question about whether there are other people being treated as poorly...absolutely.

In the past, others who came onto this forum to express concerns about their books were told not to worry because their books were kept in CBCS's "vault". Unfortunately that was not true since books were sent out to their employee's home.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdante
I submitted 21 comics to be graded, over a year ago (July 2021). I received an email, late July 2022, stating they were graded and pressed - ready to ship, and then nothing. No fedex tracking number... Nothing. Weeks went by until I attempted to contact CBCS support. I have been professional in my attempts; I have been very calm in my manner. Sadly, I am being ghosted by CBCS. Any attempts to address an ETA go unfounded; I get zero response. Is anyone else being treated this poorly?

My invoice went from Imaging on August 15th to ShipToCanada on August 16th. After about a week I started sending email to CS. After no responses to a couple of more emails I tried calling CS. No one responded with a call back. I sent another email on August 31st confirming my address was still current (books sent to CBCS June 2021)

I received this email September 1 fom CS:

1 Sept 2022, 1:05 pm GMT-5

Good afternoon,

We apologize for the long wait time and the delay in response. But I have verified your order is still in our shipping department waiting to be shipped. I confirmed and verified the address you provided is the address on the invoice and it will be shipped out either today or tomorrow. You should receive an email that contains the tracking information you requested, as well.

Today is September 8 and no there has been no indication that my books have been shipped.

That's my experience so far. I assume my books are still in shipping despite the assurance given.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

My invoice went from Imaging on August 15th to ShipToCanada on August 16th. After about a week I started sending email to CS. After no responses to a couple of more emails I tried calling CS. No one responded with a call back. I sent another email on August 31st confirming my address was still current (books sent to CBCS June 2021)

Good afternoon,

We apologize for the long wait time and the delay in response. But I have verified your order is still in our shipping department waiting to be shipped. I confirmed and verified the address you provided is the address on the invoice and it will be shipped out either today or tomorrow. You should receive an email that contains the tracking information you requested, as well.

Today is September 8 and no there has been no indication that my books have been shipped.

That's my experience so far. I assume my books are still in shipping despite the assurance given.

Well, thank you.
I hope you can understand my frustration. A mind can wonder when one is feeling ignored or abandoned. I do appreciate your more thorough grading system - compared to your competitor. But I don't know how I feel about the wait time. A year is far too long, no?
Either way, you have put me at ease; I will no longer assume the worst. Many thanks.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

Good afternoon,

Sorry, I skimmed through your post. I read it via email and figured it was someone from CBCS.
We'll hopefully we see something soon. Good luck.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly, it has not been uncommon for CBCS books to sit for months between grading and shipping. This is one of the areas in which CGC makes CBCS look silly. With CGC when your books hit grading you have about two weeks left, we can only wish for that to be the case here.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@jdante
If you don't see grades and haven't been given a tracking number, it most likely hasn't shipped yet. I've had books get graded and then sit around for a while before they finally ship, though admittedly, I don't think I've had anything linger for more than a few weeks.

It has been really tough to get a response from CS, but I have been able to get that eventually. It seems as if messages about TATs or returns receive particularly delayed responses. Sorry, CBCS, but it is what it is. For me, I am willing to put up with that annoyance in return for a better product and outcome.

Im not sure how horrible customer service leads to a "better product and outcome" , It's more likely that it reflects even more neglect and poor practices through out the rest of the company as well.... Quality Control, Packaging, Materials, labeling all suffer as a result of the long standing lack of integrity CBCS continues to exhibit towards paying customers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I attend many conventions throughout a year that cbcs also attends.
My plan has been to address any concerns or order problems right there and then with the reps at the table.
I know many don't have that option and it's ashame that's my plan but luckily I have had few issues with their product.... thank god

As for the wait.. I dont even bother worrying/caring anymore. That's like pissing in the wind and expecting not to get wet
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I just went through this exact experience for 8 comics submitted early July 2021 via Oakville. When CS finally answered my email (after about 15 days) they said it was necessary to confirm my mailing address. After I did so I received a tracking number and my comics were shipped within 24 hours. The grades showed up in my dashboard at about the same time. I do suggest sending a confirmation of your address to customer service as soon as possible. It may or may not help, but it will eliminate one of their excuses.

You are very close now to having your comics returned. However, I can relate to how frustrating it is to see them in "Ship to Canada" for four or more weeks. It's pretty ridiculous.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector mpweigl private msg quote post Address this user
CGC turn around time has been much better. I've even consider trying EGS for signature verification, as they offer it as well. Specifically, to see what their turn around time is. In my opinion, their holders are much better than CGC or CBCS.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@mpweigl EGS.. the company that uses comic skins instead of a sealed slab?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@jdante

Im not sure how horrible customer service leads to a "better product and outcome" , It's more likely that it reflects even more neglect and poor practices through out the rest of the company as well.... Quality Control, Packaging, Materials, labeling all suffer as a result of the long standing lack of integrity CBCS continues to exhibit towards paying customers.

but, but... they have a new express option with guaranteed times!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@jdante
Your frustration is completely justified. While TATs have been outrageous for a while and they have been posted as such on the website, it's not common knowledge for new(er) customers to check TATs for absurdity before submitting books for grading. It also is not okay for CS to treat customers in this manner. I'm hoping that the recent move to a new and more commodious facility will help CBCS better manage their feeble CS.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd @flanders - I am late to the party, but the grades don’t show up for Canadian customers quite like they for US customers. There have been several instances this year where the Canadian customer received the comics even before receiving a shipped notification. Just recollection on my part. Don’t have the cases to cite.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I just sent another email to CS, confirming my return address (even though they haven't officially asked)- as well as the receipt date of payment (5 weeks ago) - Letting them know they have my comics and my payment. Prior to that, I was notified that the encapsulation process was complete and ready to ship (6 weeks ago).
...That is the frustrating part. I have this image in my head, during the move, might they have left some collectables behind, "w-oopsy daisies". SMH
My brother and I both submitted around the same time, but he already received his in the mail - and even he admits something is awry.
Hypothetically, a Gold Bullion Exchange will constantly reassure me on the whereabouts of my thousands worth in gold. Whereas, with a small collection of comics - potentially worth thousands, and not a peep. I assume everyone on this forum holds comics as assets, because you can't read them. As such, you'd think CS could be a bit more attentive.
As a 7-12 year, some 35+ years ago, I knew the value then, and I carefully selected issues, never to be opened, never handled, always sealed, never to see the light of day. Only last year, I decided to get a prized few, graded... It hasn't been a great experience - this is for sure.
As it stands, if I just held off, I could've gotten at least five signed by the cover artist, through the CGC. And the latest, Todd McFarlane... That one is painful. Sigh...
*Lesson learned. I just do very small submissions now, and only when the cover artist is signing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
...And thank you to everyone who responded. I greatly appreciate it; highly supportive.
Cheers,
Post 18 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders yay!! Im only two more months away!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector mpweigl private msg quote post Address this user
@50AE_DE They use hard cases at EGS. They are more form fittin the cgc/cbcs.
Post 20 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpweigl

EGS uses cases that can be purchased off Amazon. There is no better grader or case than CBCS. Their Customer Service needs work but they are by far...the best 3rd party grader on the market with the best cases protecting your books...so CBCS does indeed have the best product and best outcome (i.e. read: most accurate grade).
Post 21 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

Actually they were moving to a proprietary case. I think they already implemented it, but I'm too lazy to go look.
Post 22 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I can’t take any posts referencing EGS as a viable alternative seriously.

As for CBCS customer service, I consider it part of the product. It definitely hurts the competitiveness of the product offering overall.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
As for CBCS customer service, I consider it part of the product. It definitely hurts the competitiveness of the product offering overall.

Yes, it does, and especially for new customers who don't already know that CS is too overwhelmed to be responsive.
Post 24 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@GAC

Actually they were moving to a proprietary case. I think they already implemented it, but I'm too lazy to go look.

Yea, they definitely upgraded their cases.
They're still EGS though.
Post 25 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I consider it part of the product as well and if the whole submission process included CS it would be more important (i.e. you need CS to submit). But because it's very possible to submit and get your books back without ever having to speak with CS, I consider it less important. If there's an issue then CS is a pain...I get that. In all my submissions (over 25 subs) to CBCS I've had 1 issue....a label issue. While CS is important, in my opinion, its lower on the list well below Grading, Pressing, VSP and Case etc.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I consider it part of the product as well and if the whole submission process included CS it would be more important (i.e. you need CS to submit). But because it's very possible to submit and get your books back without ever having to speak with CS, I consider it less important. If there's an issue then CS is a pain...I get that. In all my submissions (over 25 subs) to CBCS I've had 1 issue....a label issue. While CS is important, in my opinion, its lower on the list well below Grading, Pressing, VSP and Case etc.

I agree. It would be nice, though, if they would remove CS from the returns process. CGC did that and I think it's a huge improvement. It's easy to do, includes something to sign that basically says returns CGC determines are not their fault will not be fixed free-of-charge, and then a link to generate a pre-paid label. When CGC implemented the new returns procedure, it must have taken a huge load off CS, and it also makes returns go so quickly for the customer, or at least, they have for me. I haven't had a single problem, and I've had (unfortunately) quite a few returns lately.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpweigl

EGS uses cases that can be purchased off Amazon. There is no better grader or case than CBCS. Their Customer Service needs work but they are by far...the best 3rd party grader on the market with the best cases protecting your books...so CBCS does indeed have the best product and best outcome (i.e. read: most accurate grade).

Post 28 IP   flag post
Well after my third attempt this month at contacting CS, I finally got a response - sadly on voice mail. The woman said it HAD shipped (no date) and nothing is missing. But no tracking number and no grades...still. I believe some of you who addressed this are correct; some Canadians are left in the dark. Maybe it happens to Americans too?
That's a little crappy, if you ask me. Basically, one day they'll just show up at my door. Oh joy. God forbid, Fedex leaves it on my doorstep when I'm not home - while crime is at an all time high.
I should really get a Fedex account; kinda dumb not to.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@jdante
Sign up for a free fedex account. If it works like the usa if someone sends something to you you are notified.

BTW fedex is supposed to get signatures from cbcs packages so I don't think they will leave it on your door step.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?