Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross
A lot of it is the shipper and sometimes the individual drivers, but sometimes it's also a seller. In order to max out sales, some sellers will try to make parcels weigh the absolute minimum in order to bring down shipping costs and, they hope, attract more buyers with cheaper prices. This is part of the reason we still see books getting creamed in cardboard sandwiches inside flimsy manilla envelopes even though gemini mailers are just not that costly.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
We get our sodas shipped all the time, just different places ship differently.
Some will use bubble wrap and once in awhile we get this.

Luckily none were ruptured.

We've had boxes soaking wet due to soda bursting out of cans from bad shipping.
Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Howdy people!
Went back fifteen days and scrolled through,found nothing, is there any word on when magazine slabbing might take off?
At one time it was promised for April, and nothing came of it.
Then I got busy with the summer conventions and it dropped off
my radar.

Anything? Beuller? Anyone?
Post 753 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrick339
Howdy people!
Went back fifteen days and scrolled through,found nothing, is there any word on when magazine slabbing might take off?
At one time it was promised for April, and nothing came of it.
Then I got busy with the summer conventions and it dropped off
my radar.

Anything? Beuller? Anyone?

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/17568/page/3/so-whats-the-word-on-magazine-grading/#56
Post 754 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So amazon sends me a double shipment of an item. The item is less than 10$ in value. Do I call tbem and try an return it or do I say nothing and just keep item?

If i end up having to return it I will have to repack and drive to mail it and it will end up costing me about 10 bux to do so.
Post 755 IP   flag post

@Bronte
That's up to you. I had something similar happen and I figured it wouldn't be a big deal because it was such a low-price item, but sure enough, they wanted me to ship it back! I got a return label from them and I just stuffed the item back into the box and took it with me next time I went to the P.O. so I wasn't making a special trip. I was just out some tape to fix the opened box, and that was the irony because the duplicate item was a roll of packing tape! Go figure!
Post 756 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
So looking at the mailing address Amazon shipped $98 Dr pepper soda cans. No shipping charge and no bubble wrap or protecting the soda cans

From the East coast to the west coast.
Most crazy $hjt that happens with buying online.

I suppose there's no Dr Pepper in say Oregon or California 🤣
Post 757 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah anywhere I go is going to be a special trip and the package they used to ship the item was a single use bag. I could just seal it but it would bother me as the item should have been mailed in a box. Yeah I shouldn't let that bother me but I think I'm ocd about some stuff.

As luck would have it the item is a tape gun for shipping. It would have been a great companion to your tape. 😀
Post 758 IP   flag post
@Bronte
At least mine came in a box, though it sure rattled around in there with no packing material. Though it didn't really need it.

Got a box from something else you can re-purpose?
Post 759 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So amazon sends me a double shipment of an item. The item is less than 10$ in value. Do I call tbem and try an return it or do I say nothing and just keep item?

If i end up having to return it I will have to repack and drive to mail it and it will end up costing me about 10 bux to do so.

I highly doubt you (technically) need to ship it back if it was addressed to you. Even if they ask you to. If they did request you go through any effort, just let them know your labor rate in advance and that you round up to the next hour. <<< a joke, I wouldn’t go through the hassle, period.

If they offer to setup a parcel pickup, put it in the bag and have them setup a pick-up. If Amazon misdelivered they should be on the hook for all expenses and effort to remedy. <<< the real solution.

Reality is if Amazon is seller, they likely won’t request it back. If it is a third party seller, at that value it likely won’t make sense for them either.

As for alerting them to this, it is nice of you to do so. With a hurricane you can morally/ethically defer that for a few days.
Post 760 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Every time something like that has happened to me, I call them to let them know. Every time they tell me to just keep it, even when it wasn't originally my delivery.
Post 761 IP   flag post
Pain in tbe ass to navigate the menu because they don't have option for my exact issue, but finally got through. told the guy it would cost me money to ship it back and he said just keep it.

So clear conscience and free spare tape dispenser.
Post 762 IP   flag post
Quote:
Pain in tbe ass to navigate the menu because they don't have option for my exact issue, but finally got through. told the guy it would cost me money to ship it back and he said just keep it.

So clear conscience and free spare tape dispenser.

BONUS!!
Post 763 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Can't decide what this tastes like.
Any thoughts?

Post 764 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Smarties Candy maybe
Post 765 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74
I've sworn off fizzy sodas but I may have to try that...
Post 766 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@drmccoy74
picked up 12 for Nephew the gamer. Had to try
Post 767 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@drmccoy74
picked up 12 for Nephew the gamer. Had to try

I may drink it just to get the cool can!
Post 768 IP   flag post
Collector Paul_G private msg quote post Address this user
My fav shipping happened this year: bought a silver age comic off Ebay. Not a bad deal. Seller was in California.

Coming arrived in a manila envelop, no bubble wrap, wrapping paper or cardboard, not even a backing board. Comic in a bag just put in an envelop.

Miraculously, the book wasn't damaged or bent.

Even better, it came with a note and a "free gift" which was a recorded DVD. Note was a long screed about everyone going to hell and finding jesus and such --and the video included would explain it all.

I did not play the DVD.
Post 769 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G
My fav shipping happened this year: bought a silver age comic off Ebay. Not a bad deal. Seller was in California.

Coming arrived in a manila envelop, no bubble wrap, wrapping paper or cardboard, not even a backing board. Comic in a bag just put in an envelop.

Even better, it came with a note and a "free gift" which was a recorded DVD. Note was a long screed about everyone going to hell and finding jesus and such --and the video included would explain it all.

I did not play the DVD.

I dunno, that book dodged a lot of bullets. I might have had to see what was on the DVD.
Post 770 IP   flag post
Collector Paul_G private msg quote post Address this user
I was tempted, but decided there might be something on it I couldn’t ever un-see.

I did give her feedback about better packaging comics, which she politely thanked me for
Post 771 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G

I did not play the DVD.

I dunno, that book dodged a lot of bullets. I might have had to see what was on the DVD.

Given that the DVD protected your book not only from the ravages of shipping gremlins but possibly from the evil influence of S*t*n, I'd say you don't need to watch it. My guess would be that the book didn't watch the DVD, so you don't need to watch it either; you just need to have it around. I'd be all about ditching that note, though.
Post 772 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Any thoughts?

This is kind of like Starlight Coke saying that it tastes like space. It tasted more like unicorn piss to me, which of course is pink cotton candy flavored.
Post 773 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Any thoughts?

No idea, I rarely drink soda anymore, but this makes me want to drink a Cactus Cooler.
Post 774 IP   flag post
@flanders
Cactus Cooler...
YUM...
Post 775 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
sugar water with pink coloring.. No thanks...
Post 776 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if we can still register to be a witness for Cons?
Post 777 IP   flag post
I bought some glow in tbe dark books. How do I charge them? Is regular light bulb sufficient? How long do they need to be exposed?

Edit

Exposing to uv lights will trigger effect

Post 778 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Who is that Vanessa chic that Jamie Fox talks to in those betMGM commercials?
Post 779 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Who is that Vanessa chic that Jamie Fox talks to in those betMGM commercials?
Hudgens
Post 780 IP   flag post
601299 999 30