Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

So what's the word on Magazine grading?17568

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock

Thank you for sharing what you can. It means a lot to those of us in the dark.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting on this so I can get my UK comics taken care of.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Bobsaget private msg quote post Address this user
My question is why did I have to come to the forum for any info or update? Also if mag slabs don't yet exist why have the pricing show on your website and why have no blerb about the non existent of the magazines? There should have already been a post somewhere or an email blast something. This is so frustrating especially since the only option kinda sucks.(CGC mag slab)
Post 53 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
My question is why did I have to come to the forum for any info or update? Also if mag slabs don't yet exist why have the pricing show on your website and why have no blerb about the non existent of the magazines? There should have already been a post somewhere or an email blast something. This is so frustrating especially since the only option kinda sucks.(CGC mag slab)

So you're saying it doesn't make sense to advertise and price a service they don't actually offer?

You must be new here.
đź‘‹
Post 54 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
Mags were supposed to launch in April, hence the pricing, but were delayed for whatever reasons. Your question is valid. I don’t remember the reason Mags were delayed and some kind of update would be great.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash @Bobsaget - #Soon. There are a few reasons they pulled, not the least of which was the backlog and the extreme success of the Express Tier utilization on regular comics. I could be wrong, but I thought there was a supply issue. Add to that the move. There are a lot of us chomping at the bit. Those people at CBCS have basically said that it is (let's SciFi this)...Something wonderful. I am looking forward to it and would love to get my Savage Sword of Conan #1's out of those ugly cgc encasements.

#Soon
#WorthTheWait
#Hashtag
#TimeForMyWhiskySour
#
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros

So you're saying it doesn't make sense to advertise and price a service they don't actually offer?

You must be new here.
đź‘‹

Post 57 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Supply chain?
Post 58 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
What's the word?

Haven't you heard?

Post 59 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
#SOON ???
Post 60 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
The bird is the word…always
Post 61 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883

as in they are giving us the bird?????.....
Post 62 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I gave CBCS five or six magazine as part of a bigger submission in April.

The guys at the booth agreed to take the magazines and figure things out later

They keeping you updated on this at all?
Or just staying silent..
Post 63 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Or just staying silent..

@Sigur_Ros - As you didn't reference @drchaos with the @ button (like I just did for you and him), he would probably not have received a notification that you were posting a question to him.
Post 64 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Quote:

Or just staying silent..

@Sigur_Ros - As you didn't reference @drchaos with the @ button (like I just did for you and him), he would probably not have received a notification that you were posting a question to him.

Is that what adding this @ does?

I never get a notification when someone @'s me.
Post 65 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I've never received a notification, either (not that I'm tagged often). I don't even see on the site where a 'tagged' notification would appear?
Post 66 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Neither do I.
I'm thinking that's a cgc forum function.
Post 67 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Neither do I.
I'm thinking that's a cgc forum function.

Yes, you get notifications over there if you're tagged. The only notifications I receive here are emails from PMs and up-votes.
Post 68 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I've never received a notification, either (not that I'm tagged often). I don't even see on the site where a 'tagged' notification would appear?

Yes, I looked as well where the notification setting might be but I don't see anything.
Post 69 IP   flag post
It would be cool if it did...I might not be responding to someone because I'm not checking that thread.
Post 70 IP   flag post
@GAC @theCapraAegagrus @Bronte - I could be wrong. I believe I used to receive the "you were mentioned" notifications and I turned off. But again, I could be wrong.

EDIT: After further review, I am changing the call to: I am wrong. It was notifications to replies to my threads that I turned off.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector MRmintastic private msg quote post Address this user
I'll just keep my raw mags resting for awhile. Maybe Spring 2023.
You have to give them some credit for creating tremendous demand for a service well before it even rolls out. There is a method to their madness.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883

This guy gets it.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Or just staying silent..

They hit my credit card for everything but it shows up on the order history under processing.

At this point I am more focused on the 695 books that I gave them two months earlier in February.

I will be pleasantly surprised if I get anything back in 2022.
Post 74 IP   flag post
@drchaos

Happy birthday!
Post 75 IP   flag post
Happy Birthday to:

Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Quote:

Or just staying silent..

I just assumed it didn't work since I've never received a notification, yet have seen myself @'d a few times when reading threads.
Thx.

Edit: I see now the consensus is that it doesn't work at CBCS.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Or just staying silent..

They hit my credit card for everything but it shows up on the order history under processing.

At this point I am more focused on the 695 books that I gave them two months earlier in February.

I will be pleasantly surprised if I get anything back in 2022.

So you've paid for something that doesn't yet exist.

I mean, even the invisible comics came with a case and label
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@drchaos

Happy birthday!

Thanks, having a good day.

At the movies now.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Thanks!
Post 80 IP   flag post
596795 94 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?