Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross
I'm seeing some amazing books! WOW!!
Post 726 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
So all up 1113 comic books including slabs. 👍
Post 727 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross I haven't counted, but a close guestimate would be between 8,500 - 9,000 +/-
Post 728 IP   flag post
I have nearly 10,000 books catalogued and at least that many more that I haven't got to yet.
Post 729 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
9210 in excel but I have a stack on my desk that are read and a stack waiting to read that are not entered yet

I need to sell off and get to maybe 2,000?? - so many I just don't care about - maybe call one of those bulk buyers once I figure what I want to keep
Post 730 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
maybe call one of those bulk buyers once I figure what I want to keep

Very tempting...
Post 731 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Jokers real name revealed

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dc-comics-reveals-jokers-real-094159819.html
Post 732 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

Very tempting...

Unless they are causing a problem, I would not recommend it. I just went through this decision for real as part of a move. Was tempted to sell 20ish boxes of dreck for next to nothing rather than spend more resources to move them. But I realized that one of my favorite things about being a long-time collector is having my own little comic book store to treasure hunt in from time to time. A couple times a year there is some announcement that causes a book in those boxes to go from $0 to $100 overnight...and the digging begins. Which is kind of what I dreamed of when I started collecting. If you sold them in bulk I think you would regret it over and over again. Especially if you have an excel spreadsheet of what you used to own.
Post 733 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:

Very tempting...

Unless they are causing a problem, I would not recommend it. I just went through this decision for real as part of a move. Was tempted to sell 20ish boxes of dreck for next to nothing rather than spend more resources to move them. But I realized that one of my favorite things about being a long-time collector is having my own little comic book store to treasure hunt in from time to time. A couple times a year there is some announcement that causes a book in those boxes to go from $0 to $100 overnight...and the digging begins. Which is kind of what I dreamed of when I started collecting. If you sold them in bulk I think you would regret it over and over again. Especially if you have an excel spreadsheet of what you used to own.

Do I ever know that feeling... A bunch of those 'worthless' books I bought back in the 80s and 90s are going places now.
Post 734 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Do I ever know that feeling... A bunch of those 'worthless' books I bought back in the 80s and 90s are going places now.

It's like the thing we imagined 35 years ago has finally started to happen. No reason to bail out on those dreck books now after holding them for this long.
Post 735 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a point where it's not worth pressing?

I just bought 10 silver age Spider-man books for less than 25$ a piece. They will not grade higher than 4.0 should I just say screw it and have them graded without press? I mean they are pretty ratty, but given price I paid I should make a few bux minimum per book after grading. If I press I still might make some money but it might take a little longer to do so.

The books in question are

49, 57, 58, 60, 63, 64,65, 69, 70, 71

Edit

Keep in mind i can't grade and 4.0 is an arbitrary number I pulled outta my butt. They could score higher but I'd have to post each book to get a feel for what they will actually grade...
Post 736 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Definitely a point where no need to press and I'd say that's the case with lower grade books. If a book has enough defects (unpressable defects) then a press can only improve the visual appeal and not the grade.

Post a few pics and maybe the forum can comment.
Post 737 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - That’s not an easy question to answer. I think you have to take a look at each book and decide if that book has any defects that can be pressed out, AND if they were pressed out, would the grade of the book improve? Many low-grade books could have one or more major defects that limit the grade they could receive. For example, a detached cover, parts of the cover or interior pages missing, a popped staple, a detached centerfold, interior writing, large staining, water damage, etc. So while a press and clean could possibly make the book present better, it probably wouldn’t improve the grade of a book that has pieces missing from interior pages. If you want to send me some pictures, I would be happy to give you my humble opinion.
Post 738 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:

Very tempting...

lol....been maintaining my excel for a loooong time now.

Getting to where I should move to Google Docs - I plan to retire in 11 or 12 yrs...at which point free access to excel will vanish - so do I pay for a copy? ask work for a 'free' copy? or migrate to docs?..have some time but it is on my mind!
Post 739 IP   flag post
@esaravo

Thank you Ed. I just posted a new thread asking the question. I only took single pix fir each book as I dint think it warrants a lot of serious debate.
Post 740 IP   flag post
@KatKomics

If your company is legit with Microsoft, they can give you a copy of office free if they have a subscription to Microsoft. Just ask IT gor a link. I used yo do it at my old work.
Post 741 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@KatKomics

If your company is legit with Microsoft, they can give you a copy of office free if they have a subscription to Microsoft. Just ask IT gor a link. I used yo do it at my old work.

they must be, because I have to refresh my link on my home computer whenever I change my password - just not sure what will happen once I leave!! (a while away though, so no need to worry yet!)
Post 742 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Where will it end? I'm not sure how popular Wizard Magazine was amongst adults in the 90s, but as a kid I loved reading these and feel that it's towards the top of the modern keys.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204094621000

Post 743 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
So I sold a comic to this guy on ebay and it was delivered 35 days ago.
Today the douche leaves me a negative feedback saying the packing was deficient and the comic arrived damaged. WTF!!!

I didn't hear one word from the guy about any problems.

It was a single comic in bag and board, between two pieces of cardboard, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a gemini mailer, and in a padded envelope.
I understand there is always a chance that a package may get damaged but come on.

The thing that really ticks me off is all this guy had to do was message me and I would have sent him a replacement book or just refunded his money.

So after 25 years and no negative feedback this asshat ruins it!

What would you do?
Post 744 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Today the douche leaves me a negative feedback saying the packing was deficient and the comic arrived damaged. WTF!!!

It was a single comic in bag and board, between two pieces of cardboard, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a gemini mailer, and in a padded envelope.
I understand there is always a chance that a package may get damaged but come on.

The thing that really ticks me off is all this guy had to do was message me and I would have sent him a replacement book or just refunded his money.

What would you do?
rather simple to appeal a feedback based on lack of effort to communicate , and get it removed
Post 745 IP   flag post
@MutantMania
NOT okay on the part of the buyer. There's no excuse for that bahaviour, especially when you would actually have to jump through a few hoops in order to leave negative feedback. You have to click past various ways to resolve the issue without resorting to negative feedback - including contacting the seller - and after bypassing all of that (it's not one simple click) you have to compose and leave the negative feedback. What the buyer did was purposeful and inexcusable.

@Darkseid_of_town is absolutely right. Based on the lack of any effort to communicate I would appeal that feedback.
Post 746 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

What would you do?

Sorry to hear. Have you checked what feedback the buyer is leaving for others. Whether this is a one-off or there is a history of neg feedbacks?

It is not the end of the world if it does not get removed. you can reply neg feedbacks. Just be professional in your reply
Post 747 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the comments @poka @Byrdibyrd @Darkseid_of_town

Yeah I know it's not the end of the world just really irritating 🤨

The guy has only 6 transactions in the last 12 months (1 being mine). It looks like he may have left positive fb for at least one of the others.

I'll try for the appeal to see if I can get it removed and see what happens.
Post 748 IP   flag post
Quote:
It looks like he may have left positive fb for at least one of the others.

Buyer sounds like either a douche or a scammer hoping you'll message him begging for a resolution to the (non-existant) crisis. Nothing surprises me coming from some of these clowns. Not since I had the one who tried to threaten me with negative feedback if I didn't commit customs fraud so the jerk wouldn't have to pay import duties. That did not end favourably for the jerk, by the way.
Post 749 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Why are shippers the worse at shipping.

Cans of soda in a box with no packing around it.
Post 750 IP   flag post
@southerncross
A lot of it is the shipper and sometimes the individual drivers, but sometimes it's also a seller. In order to max out sales, some sellers will try to make parcels weigh the absolute minimum in order to bring down shipping costs and, they hope, attract more buyers with cheaper prices. This is part of the reason we still see books getting creamed in cardboard sandwiches inside flimsy manilla envelopes even though gemini mailers are just not that costly.
Post 751 IP   flag post
We get our sodas shipped all the time, just different places ship differently.
Some will use bubble wrap and once in awhile we get this.

Luckily none were ruptured.

We've had boxes soaking wet due to soda bursting out of cans from bad shipping.
Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Howdy people!
Went back fifteen days and scrolled through,found nothing, is there any word on when magazine slabbing might take off?
At one time it was promised for April, and nothing came of it.
Then I got busy with the summer conventions and it dropped off
my radar.

Anything? Beuller? Anyone?
Post 753 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrick339
Howdy people!
Went back fifteen days and scrolled through,found nothing, is there any word on when magazine slabbing might take off?
At one time it was promised for April, and nothing came of it.
Then I got busy with the summer conventions and it dropped off
my radar.

Anything? Beuller? Anyone?

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/17568/page/3/so-whats-the-word-on-magazine-grading/#56
Post 754 IP   flag post
So amazon sends me a double shipment of an item. The item is less than 10$ in value. Do I call tbem and try an return it or do I say nothing and just keep item?

If i end up having to return it I will have to repack and drive to mail it and it will end up costing me about 10 bux to do so.
Post 755 IP   flag post
601285 999 30