Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
An interesting comment starting at the 3:35 mark. Do you think what he's saying about Beckett/CBCS is true?

If that guy is correct then I have the following questions…

1) Who is that dude’s dad and how would he know that CBCS is going to be called Beckett/CBCS first. and then they will drop the CBCS to just be called Beckett _______?

2) How long until all the slabbed CBCS books have issues being sold because no one remembers the company, or do they have issues?

3) What happens to the forum? Does it disappear or does it transfer to somewhere else like a sub forum on the Beckett message boards? Do we end up in this part of their forum?

4) Will the ultra secret mod(s) still be mod(s) if the forum gets transferred over to the Beckett message boards? They identify their mods over there and don’t appear to hand out custom titles. 😆
Post 401 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
now... everyone knows I'm not very sharp at this hour, but did our profile pics get smaller and upvotes get moved to under said pic??
Post 402 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad nothing seems to have changed for me from what I can tell.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not the one to ask because my tagline suddenly increased in size, but aside from that I see no difference. It is Saturday night though. A traditional time to see some oddness.
Post 404 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to bed. I'll check out the oddness in the morning.
Post 405 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
You mean our total votes and flag used to be above instead of below?

Post 406 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Any chance you are looking at it from a different computer? Each browser depending on mobile or desktop will display differently
Post 407 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
You mean our total votes and flag used to be above instead of below?

I think you're right. I dont' remember there being anything underneath the slogan. Looks like you're good for a few more
Post 408 IP   flag post
Look at the last page here. I remembered the weekly cover contest at times has screenshots of the winners. Total votes were above our names in the past.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15321/page/2/weekly-cover-contest-257---the-eyes-have-it/
Post 409 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
1) Who is that dude’s dad and how would he know that CBCS is going to be called Beckett/CBCS first. and then they will drop the CBCS to just be called Beckett _______?

He mentioned in a previous video that his dad had taken a job at CBCS recently. I have to assume he was authorized to leak the information...probably to see what kind of response it would get. If he didn't have permission, he's really putting his father in a bad spot.
Post 410 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If it were me, I would let the guy go. Loose lips sink ships. There's no telling who else he's running his mouth off to in addition to family.
Post 411 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Baby economics lesson learned today.

So I was asked by a friend to find formula for a baby. I didn't realize it was still in such high demand. Went to Costco and bought 4 containers for the baby. 2 per card limit but my brother has a card as well. That stuff goes for crazy money on ebay. I told my brother I couldn't sell it on ebay and profit off someone's need for survival. Comics are one thing, but profiting off a desperate baby just seems wrong. Fortunately the brand is the right kind and she can use tbe formula....
Post 412 IP   flag post
@Bronte
The formula scalpers make me ill. Seriously, how can people do that? It's one thing to profit from a shortage of Twinkies (TM) because the reality is that no one needs those (No. One. Needs.), but baby formula?! How do those jerkweeds sleep at night!?
Post 413 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Exactly. Apparently costco sells a size that is not the same as the regular stores. So looking on ebay you can see exactly what tbe person paid for and how much tbey are gouging... I can kinda understand selling a bit above to pay off the 1099 at the end of year, but cmon 160 bux fir 4 boxes of formula?? I hope they get stuck with the boxes and can't return them.

Edit

BTW I feel guilty for kinda skirting the 2 per card rule, by using my brother's card to buy some too but my buddy's daughter would not have enlisted my help if she wasn't desperate. I've never met the lady and only interaction I have had with her was giving her a teddy bear to the baby when it came to into the world.
Post 414 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

2) How long until all the slabbed CBCS books have issues being sold because no one remembers the company, or do they have issues?

THIS !!! This is a serious worry if it happens.

They gonna offer free reslab and label change?? 100% if I were CGC I would honor all VSP and Witnessed comics and put a promo to switch old CBCS to CGC...and I would probably partake. PC books while I don't care now my family will when they go to sell once I'm gone.

If CBCS has slowly been taking market share and closing the gap in sale prices a change in name would be several steps backwards...to the point where they may never recover.
Post 415 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte luckily my son is old enough now to not need formula(he's about 13 months now), but the last few months before he turned 1 were scary. We ordered online from target and got very lucky they were able to get us some.

There's a special place in hell reserved for those scalpers, and here's hoping it's one of the hottest parts with the best methods of torture possible.
Post 416 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

They gonna offer free reslab and label change?? 100% if I were CGC I would honor all VSP and Witnessed comics and put a promo to switch old CBCS to CGC...and I would probably partake. PC books while I don't care now my family will when they go to sell once I'm gone.

If CBCS has slowly been taking market share and closing the gap in sale prices a change in name would be several steps backwards...to the point where they may never recover.

I'll go one further....if this rumor doesn't have a snif of truth...they need to get in front of it and shut it down....but that would require some sort of organized response...which they seem incapable of...unless they lose hundreds of books that is....
Post 417 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

To answer this question I keep telling myself I still have a nice book in that hunk of plastic.
Post 418 IP   flag post
@Bronte
When a baby needs formula, you do what you gotta do. This is a scary situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
There's a special place in hell reserved for those scalpers, and here's hoping it's one of the hottest parts with the best methods of torture possible.

Hell, yes! They can share that space with looters, for whom I have a special hate-on.
Post 419 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

I'm told my internal guilt is worse than a catholic and a person of Jewish faith put together. So skirting rules kinda bothers me. But as you put it, the baby needs to be fed and sometimes rules are not black and white. It's not like I'm making anything on this stuff . I'm probably going to lose money after I deliver the formula. I need to drive 45 minutes south each way and gas aint cheap. But baby's are special. I don't like children, but baby's need all the support we can give them....
Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte if it's for a baby in need, I don't see any problem there. I'd do the same if a friend ran out of formula for their baby.
Post 421 IP   flag post
@Bronte
Yeah, I can do the guilt thing, too. This, however, is bout feeding a hungry baby, and as long as you didn't harm anyone there's nothing wrong with what you did. Also, if the store allowed you to purchase 4 boxes because you had two cards, then it's okay. If the hardline was only two per customer, then they would have put two of yours back on the shelf.

Children aren't my thing, either, but as a society we need to make allowances for babies.
Post 422 IP   flag post
How come with the Artemis I mission they keep saying this is the start of the 'return' to the moon....pretty sure they were never there to begin with!!!
Post 423 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, we were. We went to the moon because the Silence needed a spacesuit in order to kill the Doctor. Did you not watch Doctor Who when it was good?
Post 424 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Yes, we were. We went to the moon because the Silence needed a spacesuit in order to kill the Doctor. Did you not watch Doctor Who when it was good?

Poor River! Having to do the deed too. "SPOILERS!" River's favorite phrase is sooooo appropriate now.
Post 425 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

well.... I don't really believe the Doctor went their either...and even if he did that would be the UK
Post 426 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics with the right equipment, the American flag can be seen on the moon. Besides Dr. Who, you must not watch "Big Bang Theory". Do we need to discuss the earth being round or flat? 😁
Post 427 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@KatKomics with the right equipment, the American flag can be seen on the moon. Besides Dr. Who, you must not watch "Big Bang Theory". Do we need to discuss the earth being round or flat? 😁

I love it when Buzz Aldrin punched that Moon Landing Hoaxer right in the chops! Hilarious!!!

here it is...

Post 428 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

pretty sure it's flat and resting on the backs of 4 elephants who in turn are standing on the back of a turtle who is carrying us through the cosmos...
Post 429 IP   flag post
@KatKomics
You forgot the rabbit who lives up there, busy pounding rice into mochi.

@GAC
That meaty crunch when the punch lands... Makes my day.
Post 430 IP   flag post
603229 999 30