CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad
I'm here all week!
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Are we prohibited from starting any threads on the current massive debacle? I skimmed the topics and did not see any threads about it.
Post 377 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Are we prohibited from starting any threads on the current massive debacle? I skimmed the topics and did not see any threads about it.

Post 378 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing

There is one. It's the facilitator thread
Post 379 IP   flag post
@Bronte
What is the title of the thread? Can't seem to find it.
Post 380 IP   flag post

@moodswing
It's this one:
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/18250/page/5/facilitator-question/#120
Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
Did the DeMatteis signing happen yet?
Post 382 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/18250/page/5/facilitator-question/#120
Post 383 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Would you be more suprised if CBCS made a public response to losing 367 books or more suprised if they didn't say anything?
Post 384 IP   flag post
I'm gambling on them not saying squat
Post 385 IP   flag post
Yep, I am thinking the will not say squat and hope it gets swept under the rug. This is an absolute Catastrophe. Maybe a certain someone got out in time.
Post 386 IP   flag post
Can a book get above a 1.5 if the covers are detached?
Post 387 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I'm not positive but I think dealers get valuable golden age books with detached covers and all they do is scotch tape the inside of the covers back to the comic and bam...2.0
Post 388 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
I'm not positive but I think dealers get valuable golden age books with detached covers and all they do is scotch tape the inside of the covers back to the comic and bam...2.0
Blue Label 2.0
Post 389 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Would you be more suprised if CBCS made a public response to losing 367 books or more suprised if they didn't say anything?

I’d be surprised if they did. Better to survive the time of people posting in a thread that will short lived by keeping one’s mouth shut. People’s memories are short.
Post 390 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

They might not address it at all under a possible rule of not discussing problems between the company and customers.
Post 391 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
People’s memories are short.

Ummmmm, what were we talking about?
Post 392 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yes...I have a 2.5 Showcase 30.

Post 393 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67.......

Post 394 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
An interesting comment starting at the 3:35 mark. Do you think what he's saying about Beckett/CBCS is true?

Post 395 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
An interesting comment starting at the 3:35 mark. Do you think what he's saying about Beckett/CBCS is true?
It would seem a huge undertaking to rebrand themselves at this point.
Post 396 IP   flag post
@flanders

Interesting...can definitely see this happening.
Post 397 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:

Beckett doesn't really have the best name for themselves. I'm pretty sure CBCS inherited their crap customer service from them.
Post 398 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm pretty sure CBCS inherited their crap customer service from them.

Yeah, they did. CS was mediocre before Beckett but at least it existed.
Post 399 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:

seems like a monumental bad move but....

Post 400 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If that guy is correct then I have the following questions…

1) Who is that dude’s dad and how would he know that CBCS is going to be called Beckett/CBCS first. and then they will drop the CBCS to just be called Beckett _______?

2) How long until all the slabbed CBCS books have issues being sold because no one remembers the company, or do they have issues?

3) What happens to the forum? Does it disappear or does it transfer to somewhere else like a sub forum on the Beckett message boards? Do we end up in this part of their forum?

4) Will the ultra secret mod(s) still be mod(s) if the forum gets transferred over to the Beckett message boards? They identify their mods over there and don’t appear to hand out custom titles. 😆
Post 401 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
now... everyone knows I'm not very sharp at this hour, but did our profile pics get smaller and upvotes get moved to under said pic??
Post 402 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad nothing seems to have changed for me from what I can tell.
Post 403 IP   flag post
I'm not the one to ask because my tagline suddenly increased in size, but aside from that I see no difference. It is Saturday night though. A traditional time to see some oddness.
Post 404 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to bed. I'll check out the oddness in the morning.
Post 405 IP   flag post
597914 999 30