Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Tim Vigil likes wings.

Post 326 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is pretty creepy.

Post 327 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of my all time favorites. I don’t think this would qualify. It’s pulp not a comic.

Post 328 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Tom74152
WOW, that is a great cover!!
Post 329 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
For further color on this weeks "Lost Universes" comics, I want to somewhat get away from the mainstream. I know most don't have the Lost Universes guide, but there is a Facebook Group that is dedicated to that genre. Here is the link: Comic Book Lost Universes Group.

Would like to see non-Marvel & DC, but won't disqualify legitimate Lost Universes. For some more nuance, if one is to use a Marvel or DC it should NOT be:

- A parallel universe of established characters
- A periodic feature rotating storylines/characters like Marvel Super Special or Epic Illustrated
- A title that was bought by Marvel, DC, etc and is or was still published after 2000 (unless, the continuity/universe was completely abandoned. So Malibu/Ultraverse Exiles would be a yes, but Marvel Exiles would be a no.

No doubt many of you have some Lost Universes in you collection, but if you need a good cover photo, MyComicShop.com has a database full of them for easy copy of scans to post.

There were a lot of great comics with fantastic stories and wonderful art that didn't have the DC and Marvel deep pockets and thus were eventually lost. Let's celebrate them.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Here is some more color on the Lost Universe's

First, from last years thread by @OGJackster: Direct Link to past Thread

Also the Link to Scoop Preview: Lost Universe's Preview

And lastly, while not all encompassing here the table of contents for the 1st Edition of Overstreet's Lost Universe's

Post 331 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 332 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Too bad this was just a promo image and they never used it on a reprint

Post 333 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 334 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I interpreted the intention of this weeks contest as a live action show that a comic was based on. Is this correct or are animated shows also acceptable? If so...it opens up the options some.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, there are some pretty awesome creepy smile covers in the contest already!!!
Post 336 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok, there are some pretty awesome creepy smile covers in the contest already!!!

Agreed! I'm still hoping to see one I came across earlier today that I'll need to get a print of.
Post 337 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I am surprised no one has posted this one yet.

Post 338 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 339 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@HAmistoso
One look and I am struck by the Unwholesome Ray. 😩 😫
Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I am surprised no one has posted this one yet.

That cover usually doesn't get much love from the board during the weekly contests. Personally, I like it.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Never thought about comparisons between Bullseye and Joker before. But this week's covers of a grinning Bullseye from the Miller era made me think that there are some comparisons to be made. What say you, @HAmistoso?
Post 342 IP   flag post
I had to change my entry. Issue 6 of "Joker: the Man Who Stopped Laughing" has a Joker cover that is better suited for the contest than my original entry. I thought about choosing it right off the bat, but there were plenty of Joker covers already so I didn't use it at first.
Post 343 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This was never published but I always found it terrifying.
clickable text

Post 344 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Never thought about comparisons between Bullseye and Joker before. But this week's covers of a grinning Bullseye from the Miller era made me think that there are some comparisons to be made. What say you, @HAmistoso?

DD has it easy...

Post 345 IP   flag post

Post 346 IP   flag post
I guess I made the right decision to switch out my cover!! LOL
Post 347 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
No one has posted this Japan themed cover yet...

Post 348 IP   flag post
I have been looking through numerous boxes for a certain book, and came across this one. It’s not what I was looking for, but I think I should have used it this week.

Post 349 IP   flag post
Collector Keylowatts private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgo! Monsters on the moon.
Post 350 IP   flag post
Zombie Cover
Post 351 IP   flag post

Post 352 IP   flag post
Sketch artist Matthew Wright on blank variant Spider-Gwen #1

Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylowatts
Zombie Cover

Post 354 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylowatts