Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Overstreet's LOST UNIVERSES16625

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Overstreet's LOST UNIVERSES Just Over a Month Away

With the book due in comic shops on Wednesday, February 16, 2022, you can get an advance look at the new guide from Overstreet!

As we announced recently, due to bindery issues, The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide To Lost Universes has been rescheduled to hit comic shops on Wednesday, February 16, 2022. From the Golden Age to the recent past, this exciting new book documents comic book publishers and imprints that have come and gone – and in some cases come again – such as the Archie/MLJ superheroes, original Milestone, original Valiant, the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, and more.

All of the comics listed in this new, full-color volume are pictured as well as priced, and we’re pleased to offer a 38-page preview of the book. clickable text Although the prices are redacted, this preview of Lost Universes spotlights the introductions, listings, supplemental material, and feature articles to be found in the 640-page book.

With all the energy and record prices in the marketplace, from the Golden Age to the recent past, we’ve seen a lot of collectors looking for sleepers, hidden gems, or buried treasure. If you’re looking to connect with those buyers, this is just the book for you! Atlas-Seaboard, Dark Horse’s Comics Greatest World, CrossGen, DEFIANT, Future Comics, Topps’ Kirbyverse, Marvel’s New Universe, Triumphant, and Malibu’s Ultraverse all share the spotlight. The book also includes creator interviews, collector profiles, and more.

For those who wish to order the book from their local comic shops, the item codes for the different editions are included on the downloadable PDF (it’s not too late for your retailer to place an order). They’re also available from the Gemstone Publishing site.clickable text

Post 1 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
This should be amazing! I know that J.C. Vaughn did this as a labor of love and Bob gave the approval and wrote the forward to the book.
Very proud of my friend!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. It looks like it's going to be a pretty good reference book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Ordered!
Love me some Ironjaw!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector jeffreyk1965 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine was preordered months ago. Looking forward to it!
Post 5 IP   flag post
This is the first Overstreet book I've pre-ordered/purchased in a few years. Can't wait to get it. I hope the font size is bigger than the ones in their annual guides to make it easier to read.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
will ask my LCS about it next Wednesday - hope I can still order!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I pre-ordered from Amazon for $25. I'm not sure if it's any cheaper elsewhere.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I finally got my copy yesterday and flipped thru it today. The articles were well written and it was cool to see some of the older and variant covers for some of these books. I know the book is about lost universes, but I was a little disappointed that Charlton only got two pages of coverage whereas a company like CrossGen got like 50 pages.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I had pre-ordered from amazon, but cancelled a week ago when i saw that MCS finally had it available. Can’t wait to receive from MCS.
Post 10 IP   flag post
602941 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?