Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing

Crappy cbcs pressong...use a service17964

Collector Comicskablooey private msg quote post Address this user
So Friday I recieved my second to last order from cbcs.This was my first submission ever. I submitted the books through comic book hideout,which is an authorized cbcs shop. My experience there was lackluster as well, but that is a tale for another day. I had someone break in and steal about 2500 books from me in the 90s and it broke my heart and I stopped collecting. I finally got back in last year and decided I wanted to slab some books.... because I had seen them but didn't own any. I thought I would like to try it but didn't know anything about cbcs so I submitted a couple of midgrade books to see how they would grade.. to check honesty. The grading dosent bother me, what pisses me off is I paid 20.00 to have this book pressed and I got this. As I stated this was my very first submission and my last should ship...I have no clue because its been in shipping staus for a week now...but definitely no more business from me any longer.worst customer service.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
sorry to hear. I never use in house services from CBCS or CGC. CCS has a horrible service and wait times for both are crazy.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
sorry to hear. I never use in house services from CBCS or CGC. CCS has a horrible service and wait times for both are crazy.

What was the reason for mentioning CCS? I just don’t get the hard on that people on this forum have for the other place?

All comicskablooey said is that he had a bad time with CBCS, why mention them?

“I had a problem with my 911’s top retracting… I proceeded to tell everyone that Ferrari has the same problem and their customer service is the worst.”

BLOWS MY MIND!!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Indeed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
cbcs isnt perfect. they have had complaints here.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I'm getting old and/or my eyes are going bad.
But where in the pictures is the issue allegedly with poor pressing?

Maybe circle the area in red to assist?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Comicskablooey private msg quote post Address this user
Nuffsaid111 I agree, your getting old but your probably younger than me. If you look at the top picture and the middle picture, you will see the disparity of the edge of the book. You'll have to excuse the pictures being out of order....that was entirely my fault.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

I second that, what am I looking at?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

I guess I'm the same age as you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 @HeinzDad @Gaard He’s apparently referring to the fact that the edge of the pages don’t line up perfectly. Not the cover, presumably since every copy of this book shows a little of the first page behind it along the right edge
Post 10 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I can see photos
Post 11 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I was unaware of a press ever touching the paper stack edge.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Did it stay mid-grade or did it go down?
Post 13 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I see nothing wrong with anything a press could have done to the book.
Pressing doesn't cause any edge damage and the cover being slightly set back 1'16" from the edge of the pages is done in printing, not pressing. So without before and after pics I can see no grounds for a complaint, other than the amount of time you have to wait.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
This seems to be a male bovine excrement complaint. No before pics to compare, no full size pics to view front and back, etc.

If one is pissed because of the page alignment, then one should first be cognizant that if the page misalignment was caused by wear and tear, looseness at the staples and spine, spine roll, etc, then yes a press could possibly help that. But, if it was misaligned from manufacturing and everything tight, then one should know that a press wont help that.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicskablooey
... definitely no more business from me any longer.worst customer service.

Don't let the door hit your @ss on your way out.....buh bye!
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm blind.

Post 18 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I guess I was unaware of a press ever touching the paper stack edge.

It should fix spine roll if there is any.
The pages at the top of this book are out of alignment, the pages at the bottom look fine.

Could be a little spine roll remaining.
Could be the way the book is put into the inner sleeve.
Could be the way the book was assembled.

No way of telling without seeing the spine.

There are quite a number of examples on the forum of "the competitor" (don't want to set someone off on another angry rant), sloppily inserting books into the inner sleeve.
Post 19 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
From what I see, that is the way the book came from the printers and no amount of pressing, by anyone, is going to "correct" it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
There are quite a number of examples on the forum of "the competitor" (don't want to set someone off on another angry rant), sloppily inserting books into the inner sleeve.

I will. CCS is dog shit. You know it, I know it, this chick gawking at me knows it, and @Haljordanfan knows it!
Post 21 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley's buttons have been pressonged!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
What grade did you expect before the pressong and what was it graded at?
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I will. CCS is dog shit. You know it, I know it, this chick gawking at me knows it, and @Haljordanfan knows it!

Even @figment's mom knows it.
Post 24 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse

She's Beaut mate... A bloomin beaut.....
Post 25 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts

Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse I messaged the OP shortly after he started this thread and am waiting for a response.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@WMorse I messaged the OP shortly after he started this thread and am waiting for a response.

Same here. I explained here HOW to fix it, but apparently that's a "no no" and my comment was deleted, so I messaged the OP directly
Post 28 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I see nothing wrong with anything a press could have done to the book.
Pressing doesn't cause any edge damage and the cover being slightly set back 1'16" from the edge of the pages is done in printing, not pressing. So without before and after pics I can see no grounds for a complaint, other than the amount of time you have to wait.
ditto. I don’t see anything a press would have fixed. I am also confused since OP stated submitting “mid grade books” to test grading. You submit a Modern in less desirable condition and gripe about a non pressable defect or cut back not being corrected?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

The rental car company Enterprise also has a horrible service and they never have enough people working their counter.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601239 41 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.