Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing

Crappy cbcs pressong...use a service17964

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse I messaged the OP shortly after he started this thread and am waiting for a response.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@WMorse I messaged the OP shortly after he started this thread and am waiting for a response.

Same here. I explained here HOW to fix it, but apparently that's a "no no" and my comment was deleted, so I messaged the OP directly
Post 28 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I see nothing wrong with anything a press could have done to the book.
Pressing doesn't cause any edge damage and the cover being slightly set back 1'16" from the edge of the pages is done in printing, not pressing. So without before and after pics I can see no grounds for a complaint, other than the amount of time you have to wait.
ditto. I don’t see anything a press would have fixed. I am also confused since OP stated submitting “mid grade books” to test grading. You submit a Modern in less desirable condition and gripe about a non pressable defect or cut back not being corrected?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
sorry to hear. I never use in house services from CBCS or CGC. CCS has a horrible service and wait times for both are crazy.

The rental car company Enterprise also has a horrible service and they never have enough people working their counter.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of newbies that have no idea what pressing can and cannot fix. We meet another one today.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Lots of newbies that have no idea what pressing can and cannot fix. We meet another one today.

The pressing issue the OP is having actually CAN be fixed, but it's prohibited from being explained here.

I sent the OP an email explaining how it can be fixed
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
Quote:

The pressing issue the OP is having actually CAN be fixed, but it's prohibited from being explained here.

So, why is that?
Post 33 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
*Discussing Alteration Techniques: Users may not share or otherwise discuss techniques for altering comics; including, but not limited to, restoration, pressing, cleaning, taping, or any other techniques that could result in temporary or permanent damage to a comic book. CBCS is in no way liable for any damage resulting from a user performing any technique they read or saw on the CBCS forum.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
*Discussing Alteration Techniques: Users may not share or otherwise discuss techniques for altering comics; including, but not limited to, restoration, pressing, cleaning, taping, or any other techniques that could result in temporary or permanent damage to a comic book. CBCS is in no way liable for any damage resulting from a user performing any technique they read or saw on the CBCS forum.

Huh, okey dokey. Well that answers that. I kept seeing threads closed and etc. left and right and nobody explaining why. I actually don't really understand the reasoning I guess I thought it was just so people didn't do things themselves and disrupt a CBCS revenue stream, but if it's more a liability thing I guess that makes sense.

Kinda weird, though. But thanks @DrWatson
Post 35 IP   flag post
I know no one does, but it might save someone a lot of tears if they would read some of the stickied threads at the top of the page before posting half cocked or fully loaded.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@MurrayC - It cannot be fixed if it wasn’t a press-able issue to begin with, as I and others have explained. In the example you gave, then yes, it could be fixed. BUT, judging from the OP’s silence, from lack of further full view pics, knowledge of that comic and the paper/card stock used, this looks to be a manufactured issue and not a pressable defect. Nor does it look to be CAUSED by errant pressing.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Ah... Monday.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

@MurrayC - It cannot be fixed if it wasn’t a press-able issue to begin with, as I and others have explained. In the example you gave, then yes, it could be fixed. BUT, judging from the OP’s silence, from lack of further full view pics, knowledge of that comic and the paper/card stock used, this looks to be a manufactured issue and not a pressable defect. Nor does it look to be CAUSED by errant pressing.

I don't believe it's a manufacturing issue given that the OP's problem can happen to ANY comic if improper techniques were. As a presser myself, I have actually made the exact same mistake as seen in the OPs example when I was first learning.

However... I've been told by the moderators that I am prohibited from explaining the fix, but I am free to say that it CAN be fixed.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

I don't believe it's a manufacturing issue given that the OP's problem can happen to ANY comic if improper techniques were. As a presser myself, I have actually made the exact same mistake as seen in the OPs example when I was first learning.

However... I've been told by the moderators that I am prohibited from explaining the fix, but I am free to say that it CAN be fixed.

#trimming?

For those that have asked. Pressing and restoration techniques cannot be discussed as clearly stated in the Rules. Since CBCS does not do restoration; I’m sure it is to prevent liability if someone were to ruin their book after being told how to do something Via the CBCS Forum. No one wants to deal with that especially if you were involved only through 3rd party relation at best. CYA.
Post 40 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
The book in question is Ghost Rider #15 which was commonly produced with the cover a little smaller than the interior pages. I dont know if that is what the OP is complaining about or not. He never replied to my PM asking for clarification and the invoice number.

That said, I'll lock the thread to prevent it from tempting anyone to tapdance around the rules. If the OP wants his concerns addressed, he is more than welcome to reply to my PM.
Post 41 IP   flag post
600776 41 16
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.