Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

One Weird Trick will have your partner gasping for air while you save $$$$!17731

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Got these to go in the spinner rack that I hope to own one day. Cause comic books are supposed to be fun:
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15848/page/1/new-golden-age-replica-comics-at-my-website/#18

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia cool books! Especially the one that matches your forum photo.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
I clicked on this forum topic because the clickbait topic was too click bait-y not to click. Good work!
Post 3 IP   flag post
If anyone wants details about the process or how they came out, ask here. I really like them. They are huge...golden age size. And some are really thick. The cover is the same paper stock as the interiors but the ink covering gives it a different look and feel.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
Do they have ones like Wonder Woman, All Star or Sensation?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Wndrwmn74, Use this link to the original thread. From there you can click the link to the website but more importantly contact the forum member. That's what I did, contacted him by PM. I think the answer to your question is yes, upon request, but that's more detail than I would know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15848/page/1/new-golden-age-replica-comics-at-my-website/#18
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
HEY I had that
Flash Comics #93!

Past Tense. Part of collection stolen in 1984.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Frazetta, my art inpiration and fav!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by makahuka
Love the Frazetta, my art inpiration and fav!

@makahuka The Frazetta cover was the key to the purchase. Once I saw that I bought it. Then I added on the other books. The Ghost Rider books were not hand-picked, they came in a discounted bundle of 5.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus3000
I clicked on this forum topic because the clickbait topic was too click bait-y not to click. Good work!

@Cerebus3000
I assume everyone got the intended humor but the thread title is a reference to the type of books that they are. Facsimile copies, commonly used on the internet for clickbait and scams.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Great books and I loved the title.

Now I want to post "This one weird trick that takes months off your TAT..."

Buy a press and teach yourself the cleaning/pressing craft.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector CLLXCNNX private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting the pictures of my craft! And I'm glad that they will make your spin rack happy

Everyone, please feel free to message me with questions/requests.

Happy Collecting!
~Sebastian
Collection Connection
https://collectionconnection.store/
Ebay - thethreeauctioneers on eBay
Facebook - https://fb.me/cllxcnnx
Instagram - https://instagram.com/cllxcnnx
Twitter - https://twitter.com/cllxcnnx
Linkpop - https://linkpop.com/collectionconnection

Use the code CLLXCNNX15 at checkout for 15% off of your order!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
No Batman #1?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector CLLXCNNX private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all
I just created a discount for 20% for members of this forum. Use the code 20CBCS20 at checkout or use this link to automatically get the discount at checkout:
https://collectionconnection.store/discount/20CBCS20

I have a lot of different collectables on the site as well as a lot of golden age replicas available. Message me here if you have a request.
Thanks!~Sebastian
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My Spidey sense is tingling.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
My Spidey sense is tingling.

That’s because of the weird trick, partner.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If anyone wants details about the process or how they came out, ask here. I really like them. They are huge...golden age size. And some are really thick. The cover is the same paper stock as the interiors but the ink covering gives it a different look and feel.

The cover is same paper stock as interior?...why? I would expect a thicker, glossier cover, but I do like that the paper is GA sized. I'm still considering this, may try ordering 1 to see if I am satisfied with quality. I read some complaints from eBay users and they were that there was some blurry issues with reading text, but there were many more positive reviews than negative.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb

The cover is same paper stock as interior?...why? I would expect a thicker, glossier cover, but I do like that the paper is GA sized. I'm still considering this, may try ordering 1 to see if I am satisfied with quality. I read some complaints from eBay users and they were that there was some blurry issues with reading text, but there were many more positive reviews than negative.

Nobody in the industry would mistake them for originals. The average person on the street probably would. They are being reprinted I assume from scans of images that are quite old. I would say fuzzy, but not blurry. I had no problem reading. They serve the purpose I have in mind for them. Not to be preserved for value with bags and boards, just to be casually displayed and read. Like something at the barber shop or drug store.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb

Nobody in the industry would mistake them for originals. The average person on the street probably would. They are being reprinted I assume from scans of images that are quite old. I would say fuzzy, but not blurry. I had no problem reading. They serve the purpose I have in mind for them. Not to be preserved for value with bags and boards, just to be casually displayed and read. Like something at the barber shop or drug store.

I expect thicker covers, if every page is the same thickness what is the point?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

Nobody in the industry would mistake them for originals.

I want them to be fooled/mistake them for the originals, a part of the fun IMO!
Post 20 IP   flag post
It’s not a thick glossy cover but it is fully inked and that’s enough to make a difference in the look and feel. If you are interested I would suggest trying one. I was pleased with how they came out. I will buy more once I’ve finished my move and secured a spinner rack. It does feel odd to not protect a sonic with a bag and board but I think they will display better when the get some wear on them.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
It’s not a thick glossy cover but it is fully inked and that’s enough to make a difference in the look and feel. If you are interested I would suggest trying one. I was pleased with how they came out. I will buy more once I’ve finished my move and secured a spinner rack. It does feel odd to not protect a sonic with a bag and board but I think they will display better when the get some wear on them.

I was going to order 3, but now I may just do 1 and see what I think.
Post 22 IP   flag post
600449 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?