Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Wishing21 private msg quote post Address this user
Be very careful with the company starting in P and ending in X. Most collectors will not accept their grades. I had several books done with them a few years ago. They did the job quickly. But I later found that they had made mistakes - e.g. missed missing pages. And as I said, the grades were not accepted by other collectors - for good reason as it turned out.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltra
I sent a box to the CBCS Canada location a few weeks ago and it was returned to me. Anyone else have this issue?

That office is closed. You have to send directly to TX. There was a thread here https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/17717/cbcs-canada/
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick1unc
Its sad that a company with this much volume and making this much money, is unable to get a fully functional and updated website or staff actual customer service on the phone like their competitor:/

dont complain to much then the forum trolls will come and rant you down.

i totally agree they never change there TATS

if they did put up new ones odds are people would never had sent in orders

Complaining on the forum isn't the issue. literally dozens of posts complaining about the same thing over and over and over when you have received your answers is the problem.

You should also look up the definition of troll.
Post 553 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing21
Be very careful with the company starting in P and ending in X. Most collectors will not accept their grades. I had several books done with them a few years ago. They did the job quickly. But I later found that they had made mistakes - e.g. missed missing pages. And as I said, the grades were not accepted by other collectors - for good reason as it turned out.

thanks

i have had issues with the other place that is cgc making mistakes
funny so far zero for p and tons on cgc

but thanks
Post 554 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Quote:
Its sad that a company with this much volume and making this much money, is unable to get a fully functional and updated website or staff actual customer service on the phone like their competitor:/

Complaining on the forum isn't the issue. literally dozens of posts complaining about the same thing over and over and over when you have received your answers is the problem.

i get it
but its better to post in same thread
and i am just kindly answering a question on his post

fact is they NEVER update the webpage
Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
My CBCS order (5 books, all modern)
created invoice 10/27/2021
entered into system 12/10/2021
status "Processing"

created invoice 11/30/2021
entered into system 12/17/2021
status "Processing"

created invoice 03/30/2022
entered into system 04/06/2022
status "Processing"

My CGC order (10 books, all modern)
created invoice 05/23/2022
entered into system 06/01/2022
status "Shipped 7/26/2022" 38 Days!!!
Post 556 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The CBCS website and status reporting is (insert your favorite derogatory adjective here)! We know it, and CBCS knows it, because it has been lamented by many in a very public way for years. It's truly sad that the new voices are still repeating the same litany, and that the old souls have grown numb to it.

If TAT's weren't so bad it wouldn't matter as much, but after months of not knowing the frustration is quite understandable and relatable. The Sarasota company has more realistic TAT's for moderns, but the vintage orders take at least 10 months no matter which of the two companies is used.

That third company, the P and X place, does not grade accurately and never has. As mentioned before, most collectors do not accept their grades and it's not just collectors. Some auction and consignment houses will not sell the P and X slabs, nor accept them for consignment. Yeah, you can send your books there and maybe get them back "quickly", but I wouldn't and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like someone took a comment personal. A hit dog barks the loudest, I guess. And, Oh by the way, I like complaining. It helps to vent my frustration and it has actually gotten me some help in the past. Sooooo, if you don't want to read dozens of us complaining, keep scrolling and keep it moving. We won't be upset, I promise.
Post 558 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I am actually OK now with the TAT.
Not because it is 224 days, but because (I believe) it to be accurate.

That is all I have ever asked for - transparency.
If you publish 19 weeks and it's a year - Very very bad.
If you publish 224 days and you get your books back in <roughly> 10/11 months - very good. Accuracy baby.
You've at least provided information for your customer base.

Then your informed customer base can make a value based decision on what is important to them based on the information provided by both CGC and CBCS. Imagine that? - we, the customer, hold the power to make decisions for our own interest(s).

I certainly care what the actual TAT is; but of significantly more importance is that it is accurate.
Then all the complaints shift from accuracy to duration. That's a different discussion/complaint.

And finally - don't tell me help is coming for months and months, then simply apply a new Express initiative as the "help"; and discount everything that was already in queue. That is a seriously bad business decision. People aren't stupid. They know they got shafted and that word "help" was quite disingenuous as it was applied to the new business model.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

If you publish 224 days and you get your books back in <roughly> 10/11 months - very good. Accuracy baby.

Then your informed customer base can make a value based decision on what is important to them based on the information provided by both CGC and CBCS. Imagine that? - we, the customer, hold the power to make decisions for our own interest(s).

I certainly care what the actual TAT is; but of significantly more importance is that it is accurate.
Then all the complaints shift from accuracy to duration. That's a different discussion/complaint.

And finally - don't tell me help is coming for months and months, then simply apply a new Express initiative as the "help"; and discount everything that was already in queue. That is a seriously bad business decision. People aren't stupid. They know they got shafted and that word "help" was quite disingenuous as it was applied to the new business model.

Outstanding Post. I wish I could give you more than 3 check marks.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have zero issues with TATS TIMES
As long as we know what they are !

GREAT POST !
Post 561 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing21

i see your point.
in my short time with them i have had no issues. a mis label error here or there.
but i have bought and cracked out them and sent them into cgc and the grade has been spot on or above
Post 562 IP   flag post
Collector vernpt27 private msg quote post Address this user
So if you are having a book both pressed and graded, it looks like it can take three years to get back. Am I reading things correctly here?
Post 563 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernpt27
So if you are having a book both pressed and graded, it looks like it can take three years to get back. Am I reading things correctly here?

Yes, I believe you are reading it correctly. As one poster said recently, it might be better to go to an independent presser before submitting to a grading services company.

As an aside, TATs are getting more accurate and that's a good thing. Currently it is at 224 business days or almost 45 weeks. Having said that, I have a pre-screen order with them that is going on its 48th week and with CBCS out this week, it will go to 49 weeks. I guess the pre-screening adds some amount of time to the order but not sure how much. I'm submitting to both major companies now - more with Sarasota with books I want back sooner and with CBCS on books that I really don't care when they come back. I look forward to the day when I can submit only to CBCS again but they will have to get TATs in the double digits for that to happen.

I'm patient though - it is what it is...
Post 564 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
I do love popping in here every couple of weeks to see if anything has changed - it never seems to, at least not for the better. I'm just very worn down by the whole process. I jumped to CBCS right away when they came into the industry - but it now has no resemblance to the company I liked. TATs aren't the whole issue - but they really are the cherry on top. Some of you know - you're having the same issues. Right now, I'm just waiting for my last five books from 2021, which I think I'll get back before Thanksgiving. But like everything with TATs - that's just an estimate.
I do hope they get their act together on all the frustrating issues.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeK
I do love popping in here every couple of weeks

For a whole second, I thought I had read "pooping" in here.
I thought to myself - yea I like to do that too every so often!
Post 566 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkinWillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernpt27

Yes, I believe you are reading it correctly. As one poster said recently, it might be better to go to an independent presser before submitting to a grading services company.

As an aside, TATs are getting more accurate and that's a good thing. Currently it is at 224 business days or almost 45 weeks. Having said that, I have a pre-screen order with them that is going on its 48th week and with CBCS out this week, it will go to 49 weeks. I guess the pre-screening adds some amount of time to the order but not sure how much. I'm submitting to both major companies now - more with Sarasota with books I want back sooner and with CBCS on books that I really don't care when they come back. I look forward to the day when I can submit only to CBCS again but they will have to get TATs in the double digits for that to happen.

I'm patient though - it is what it is...

why submit anything more to cbcs right now with cgc at 82 days and same price it makes zero sense to wait 224 days to get anything back from cbcs .
send in more to cbcs when they get a hold of there times
Post 567 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I sent a box to the CBCS Canada location a few weeks ago and it was returned to me. Anyone else have this issue?

CBCS Canada is no longer running. In true CBCS fashion there was no communication about this....

On the plus side....probably fewer submissions from Canada now to help reduce TATs...

Their non existent CS, change in return shipping and splitting orders, crazy TATs, non sensical pricing (VSP) and express has driven me to try the other guys again
Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Been with cbcs for years. Slabbed 100s of books. I am still holding out hope they will turn there times around. I continue to send books 100 at a time every few months. I see cbcs at shows. there is always comic fans waiting to send books in. They must be doing something right. As I prefer to push send. I am also preparing to duck….
Post 569 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

CBCS Canada is no longer running. In true CBCS fashion there was no communication about this....

On the plus side....probably fewer submissions from Canada now to help reduce TATs...

Their non existent CS, change in return shipping and splitting orders, crazy TATs, non sensical pricing (VSP) and express has driven me to try the other guys again

you have no choice but to use others
i refuse to express modern books in a slow economic times just to lose more cash into a basic service.

i hardly ever express any comic unless its a big key comic
Post 570 IP   flag post
Collector vernpt27 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcomics
Been with cbcs for years. Slabbed 100s of books. I am still holding out hope they will turn there times around. I continue to send books 100 at a time every few months. I see cbcs at shows. there is always comic fans waiting to send books in. They must be doing something right. As I prefer to push send. I am also preparing to duck….

DUCK
Post 571 IP   flag post
cgc just lowered TATS for moderns from 82 days to 55
Post 572 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Yay!!!!!! (Fireworks popping)
Post 573 IP   flag post
i went to terrific con and cbcs booth was not busy at all.
Post 574 IP   flag post
I was at terrificon as well!
Post 575 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email from customer service saying all 3 of my orders are in the "pre-grade stage".

So, basically, they have just been received right? I sent the earliest order back in December 2021, but based on this thread, CBCS is just now getting to October orders of 2021? Is that correct?

So 34 weeks ago? I should see some movement soon, right?
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That should wipeout anyone other than committed fans and the devoted folks that can afford express fees.

CBCS royally fumbled the ball CGC handed to them these last two plus years. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the guys behind them, EGS, PGX, etc. Start passing them.

CBCS needs a sugar daddy like CGC got.
Post 577 IP   flag post
They've definitely fumbled the ball more than Brett Favre.

After 2 years it's about time to stop with the words of "Here's what's going to happen" and to start doing and get it done. And I don't mean instituting another Express or Super Express or Super Duper Express. Thank you sir, may I have another.

Customer Service, Standard TAT addressing, Clear and Concise information from the company (including dashboards), Pressing less than 2 years TAT
Then go with the Express services; not vice versa.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Update-
Dashboard updated with Received- so this was entered into system within 24hrs on the express tier

So far, way ahead of my last submissions....obviously not economical on a giant order, but so far so good

Update- order went into grading, completed and shipped...this is actually quicker than the 3 weeks quoted for express plus and sig verification...
Worth it for my piece of mind, but it's not my business so I can see where it would not make sense financially.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:

That should wipeout anyone other than committed fans and the devoted folks that can afford express fees.

CBCS royally fumbled the ball CGC handed to them these last two plus years. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the guys behind them, EGS, PGX, etc. Start passing them.

CBCS needs a sugar daddy like CGC got.

what is egs ?

i just hope cbcs starts to cut down there TATS.

it never moves once
Post 580 IP   flag post
601484 999 30