Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure CBCS doesn't know a their burro from a burrow......
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

They don't know anything. Once I get my books back I will not be getting any more books graded by anyone. I don't need the hassle. I can still make profit on raw books while premiums are nice I am not THAT hard up for the extra cash. At this point CGC and CBCS only care about the cash and will do anything to make sure that people have to pay the most just to have a chance to get a book to market while they can profit the most.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:

They don't know anything. Once I get my books back I will not be getting any more books graded by anyone. I don't need the hassle. I can still make profit on raw books while premiums are nice I am not THAT hard up for the extra cash. At this point CGC and CBCS only care about the cash and will do anything to make sure that people have to pay the most just to have a chance to get a book to market while they can profit the most.

I think I am done with grading as well. Have 5 orders left, hopefully to come back before 2025.

$3.00 top loaders for me now.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
My July 2021 order just disappeared from my dashboard and all the grades are visible. It's been in ship to Canada for 2 months.

I checked my email and I have a tracker link which says "Canpar"

Clicked the link....it's a fedex tracker and it says it's been shipped from Dallas not Oakville.

So if you have an order that says ship to Canada be prepared to get dinged by FedEx.

Oh well CBCS Canada was nice while it lasted.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson
My July 2021 order just disappeared from my dashboard and all the grades are visible. It's been in ship to Canada for 2 months.

I checked my email and I have a tracker link which says "Canpar"

Clicked the link....it's a fedex tracker and it says it's been shipped from Dallas not Oakville.

So if you have an order that says ship to Canada be prepared to get dinged by FedEx.

Oh well CBCS Canada was nice while it lasted.

Don't really know what dinged be FedEx means.....Please elaborate.

I have 5 orders still to come back....none have entered grading yet. first order been there 10+ months.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
"Dinged" meant that after you get your books back, You'll get a bill for about 30 bucks from FedEx because they had to bring it across the border.

The no message to the Canadian customer that this service has gone anyway and that any orders in the system will now be shipped from Dallas bothers me.

CBCS just let us know this is happening.
Post 31 IP   flag post
CBCS should let us use our own FedEx account

You can get the FedEx charges tossed. Its a brokerage fee they charge all orders but these are your own books being returned so not applicable. Its because it was returned through the CBCS corporate account rather than a personal account. Just tell FedEx you cant control how CBCS shipped the books back...eventually they will cancel the charges

Do better CBCS!! The othet guys let you use your own account to help avoid these charges
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You can get the FedEx charges tossed. Its a brokerage fee they charge all orders but these are your own books being returned so not applicable. Its because it was returned through the CBCS corporate account rather than a personal account. Just tell FedEx you cant control how CBCS shipped the books back...eventually they will cancel the charges

When I receive auction wins from the U.S. via FedEx they say they won't deliver unless the fees are paid before delivery. Do they hold your return comics until they waive the brokerage fee? I submitted thru Oakville for this very reason... obviously did me no good now.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

When I receive auction wins from the U.S. via FedEx they say they won't deliver unless the fees are paid before delivery. Do they hold your return comics until they waive the brokerage fee? I submitted thru Oakville for this very reason... obviously did me no good now.

Ive always gotten the brokerage fee request for payment after I had my books
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Paul_G private msg quote post Address this user
For what it's worth: it took more than a week, but I did get a response to my email asking what was going on with the Canadian Location and the books there.

Post 35 IP   flag post
601495 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?