CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Continuing the discussion here
Post 1 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Where are my books?
Rant, Rant, Rant...
Oh, wait. Here they are. I haven't mailed them yet. Doh...
Never gonna get them back at this rate.
Ok, I'm off to the post office....
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If I submit books at breakfast on Thursday, could I expect them back by brunch next Wednesday? Lunch would be too late.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Room-a-zoom-zoom...
Speed Buggy has my books and he's just crossed the finish line....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Room-a-zoom-zoom...
Speed Buggy has my books and he's just crossed the finish line....

speed buggy... nice!!!

only got to watch re-runs or cross overs but that still makes me old - lol!!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Speed Buggy was one of my favorites in the mid to late 70's as a kid. Tinker reminded me of Shaggy with Scooby Doo. Comics were .25 to .30 Those were the days...lol...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
Soo I talked to a live person amd this is what was explained to me FYI they are currently only doing 1 speed of pressing hence the reason you can't choose a pressing speed currently and if you picked the speedy book grading then your still waiting till the pressing is done currently around 56 weeks FYI.. soooo yeah if you have a personal presser probably a better option
Post 7 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasperb991
Soo I talked to a live person amd this is what was explained to me FYI they are currently only doing 1 speed of pressing hence the reason you can't choose a pressing speed currently and if you picked the speedy book grading then your still waiting till the pressing is done currently around 56 weeks FYI.. soooo yeah if you have a personal presser probably a better option

@Kasperb991 - I am thinking that a little more clarification is due in that they are not doing "Fast Press" option which would normally cut press time in 1/2. However, the press time is also dependent on the tiers. So a Press on a Vintage + or a Premium submission gets done faster than a Press on New, Modern or Vintage submissions. Similarly, presses on Express submissions are done ahead of non-Express submissions. We just don't have the option of "Fast Press" at this time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
wow
i sent in a book to be verified and then graded using express tier.

the book was in there on may 8 and its now ready to be shipped out today.

impressive
Post 9 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
they must be handling new orders diff

it went through both tiers in under 10 days and slabbed and shipping out
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasperb991
soooo yeah if you have a personal presser probably a better option

That's why I took the time and learned to press my own books.
Most pressable defects can be done with little difficulty.
But! There are some defects that require professional equipment and knowledge.
Thus, for those books, I digress and refer to the man @SteveRicketts.
I have a slew of books to send to Steve to be pressed.
But most books are not so difficult and I have been achieving great results and obtaining 9.6's & 9.8's on my submissions on the regular basis. Saving me thousands and months.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Scifinator I sent a pm please educate me as I don't want to blow up this forum lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Kasperb991 - I ran a test and see exactly what you are referring to. And I can't imagine that someone paying for Express, Express Plus, or Super Express is not going to have a faster turn time on the corresponding Press. But, if you are not charged for the express level on the press, and it is not invoiced, how will the Press team or staging team know to move ahead of us slower tier people.

Sorry to bug you, but @SteveRicketts, please clarify. Is there indeed no faster service on Pressing right now? Are all new submitters on the same press TAT? (whether a Press on a Vintage + or a Premium submission getting same place in line as a Press on New, Modern or Vintage submissions. Similarly, presses on Express submissions are on same tat as non-Express submissions).
Post 13 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I think I know what you're asking...

No, not all new tiers are on the same TAT. Express Express Plus, and Super Express are faster than standard tier submissions. The TAT on Express tiers are guaranteed.

Of the standard (non-Express) tier submissions, Vintage Plus and Premium tiers have a faster TAT than the New, Modern, and Vintage tiers.

All non-Express New, Modern, and Vintage tier submissions will fall in line behind all submissions made on the prior tiers (pre-April 2022) submissions.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector erikdj79 private msg quote post Address this user
For someone who's more familiar with this than me....my order changed from "Processing" to "Billing," although they charged me up front. It shows a $50 refund, it appears, and when I try to hit "Print Invoice" I get an error saying it doesn't exist. Anyone know what this could mean? The only $50 charges on my order were for Fastpress, and I can't imagine they would refund a pressing charge only.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts so I am the one with the question here mostly.. I submitted a book for grading and press with express plus grading when I selected to press it didn't give me an option for a tier on the pressing and jist added 15 dollars.. per the price on the website thats the most basic pressing option. So 1. How do I get the upgraded pressing if I don't ha e the option and 2 if it's automatically moved to the tierbl I pick3d for grading how would I pay the additional fee? Or am I jist stuck with the speed thst it have me ? For reference I can pm you my order number but it was a 1988 book
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@erikdj79 It could be that they felt unable to perform a service on a book for whatever reason.

Perhaps they thought the book was unsuitable for pressing or that pressing might damage the book.

Unfortunately invoices are currently down for IT reasons and who knows when they will be back online
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
No, not all new tiers are on the same TAT. Express Express Plus, and Super Express are faster than standard tier submissions. The TAT on Express tiers are guaranteed.

Of the standard (non-Express) tier submissions, Vintage Plus and Premium tiers have a faster TAT than the New, Modern, and Vintage tiers.

All non-Express New, Modern, and Vintage tier submissions will fall in line behind all submissions made on the prior tiers (pre-April 2022) submissions.
@SteveRicketts - thank you. So, that is directly in reference to @Kasperb991 issue, and what I thought was the case. Unfortunately, when he entered his order, under Modern Express Plus service, he chose Press, but was only charged for Modern Press $15 and had no option to upcharge to Modern Express Plus Press of $65. The CBCS rep subsequently gave him errant info on Higher level Press TAT's.

@Kasperb991 - If you have not already sent you submission in, I would write in big red ink to charge you for the Modern Express Plus Press Service of $65 that you could not choose online. If you have already sent in, I would send an email to customerservice@cbcscomics.com and request the same and make sure to reference your Submission #. They will respond with an automated ticket ID that you may want to check back on after a week or so. Hopefully someone will get that taken care of for you.
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I know I've heard talk in the office about problems with some tier/Pressing combos, but unfortunately I don't have the details of what they are or when they'll be fixed.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts @Scifinator it has already been sent off and emailed about I have a ticket number I guess I'll jist have to wait a little longer on that should I jiat end an email to the reply or a new customer service email needs to be sent out?
Post 20 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite if they graded any of them without pressing first, I'm going to be really pissed off, so I hope that's not the case. If they chose not to press one, they should be refunding the grading cost too
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user

Why when I click my invoices when I log in, I see this? It's not just for one order, it's for all of mine.

What's going on?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 - Discussed earlier in a non-TAT thread. Here is the link: Direct Thread Link
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Ok. I've been patient and more than reasonable. This ends now.

I had 2 orders submitted 13 months ago. The advertised TAT then was 6 weeks. Received one of them back in February, but still no grading notes or verification available online. I was getting worried about the second order and, if were not for someone being very honest, it would have fallen off the face of the earth. CBCS sent the second order to someone else with my last name, in my city (different first name, credit card number, distinct invoice#). Aside from holding on to these items for over 30 years they also have value in the market place. How does CBCS mess up that badly??

I've sent 2 emails to support asking for updates and both have gone unanswered. Someone please contact me.
Post 24 IP   flag post
W....T....F...??? FINALLY in "shipping" status, but the damn invoice won't work still!!! I have to know!!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit

I had 2 orders submitted 13 months ago. The advertised TAT then was 6 weeks. Received one of them back in February, but still no grading notes or verification available online. I was getting worried about the second order and, if were not for someone being very honest, it would have fallen off the face of the earth. CBCS sent the second order to someone else with my last name, in my city (different first name, credit card number, distinct invoice#). Aside from holding on to these items for over 30 years they also have value in the market place. How does CBCS mess up that badly??

I've sent 2 emails to support asking for updates and both have gone unanswered. Someone please contact me.

This sucks dude. Sadly, if you would have posted this last fall you'd have been given a slew of "don't worry the books are fine", or "stop complaining", or "they're focusing their efforts on processing books so they don't have time to update the dashboard" responses. A perfect example why detailed, accurate, and up-to-date information is crucial for customers. This could have been caught early and been much easier to resolve had you known in time. So maybe ignoring the dashboard updates and supposedly diverting manpower to processing books (a lot of good that did), wasn't such a wise choice?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

There are still issues with Canadian orders getting entered into the notes system. I think people have had some luck in the past with directly contacting (if you can get someone) with your invoice information to speed along the process.

Your second issue is an inexcusable mistake.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

There are still issues with Canadian orders getting entered into the notes system. I think people have had some luck in the past with directly contacting (if you can get someone) with your invoice information to speed along the process.

Your second issue is an inexcusable mistake.

The individual who received the second order just brought it over. To be fair, it 'could' have been the delivery company as he is also a customer, lives only 4 doors down (and same last name, just bizarre all that lined up).

Still an issue with missing grading notes.

For items that have all been stored in a box with backing boards and plastic since they were bought 30yrs ago, I'd like to know why the grades range wildly from 5.5 to 8.5. I can accept the argument that maybe humidity had affected them, but not when grades are so inconsistent.

Sorry, that last bit is maybe just me bitching. Poor communication from CBCS and today's screw up really skewed my mood.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 2021NAI private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts can I get an update on this order? 21-1B89D64 When I click on Print Invoice to find out where they are it just errors out now. Last I checked they were still in Labels..for many months. Yesterday was a year. Please advise. Everyone else seems to get answers but no one ever answers my questions on where my books are.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The individual who received the second order just brought it over. To be fair, it 'could' have been the delivery company as he is also a customer, lives only 4 doors down (and same last name, just bizarre all that lined up).

Ah, well that sounds a little different than first described. The Canadian orders not being entered is a long-standing issue. That's not an excuse; just an observation.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598062 999 30