Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingFor Sale

Unboxing first CBCS submission - and Thank You!17158

Collector Ryan4421 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in my first submission to CBCS 51 weeks ago including some moderns with pressing (no fast passes) and our package finally made it home. Unboxing link is below if anyone is interested, but I wanted to share that it was a very pleasant experience which I would certainly recommend to anyone who is undecided. In fact I'm just sad that I didn't send more in since turnaround time has gone up significantly.

The pressing team did fantastic work and the new cases are top notch and they really display incredibly well with no newton rings and feel super sturdy. They are worth every penny!!!

There are a couple in the mix that I was planning to list for sale so if you are interested in anything, just shoot me a private message.

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdPftrHC/?k=1
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! Books looked nice.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
submitted my first in early nov (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9 aka first lord drakkon appearance) did only one to test the waters. even though it hasnt hit the grading desk yet...I feel comfrontable to do 3 or 4 more in june (amazing spider-man #4 aka first silk appearance, amazing spider-man #365 aka first spiderman 2099 appearance, saban's go go power rangers #8 aka first ranger slayer appearance....and maybe Booster Gold #1 have a been long before cwverse debut and been wanting to grade it or Transformers #8 aka first full appearance of dino bots)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks, I shared a lot of the same worries and thought that many collectors seem to express here so I was compelled to share my honest opinions. Sure, nobody wants to wait for anything or overpay - especially if you don't even know what grade to expect or if the pressing will come out nice...but it all turned out just fine. For anyone looking to slab something they plan to hold onto for their personal collection, CBCS is definitely the way to go since it costs less and the new CBCS case is nicer than CGC and it holds the book in place way better than the loose tray that rattles around inside of the new CGC cases.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421 - Thanks for the time references. Nice eclectic group of comics. I loved the Mantra series.

Congrats on the grades, verifications and receipt back!
Post 5 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In a poor reception area. Can't load video. What were the books?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Those are some sweet books! Bunch of nice 9.8's. Congrats!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Mrbryceman private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books! I have 2 of the Vampirella 1s I'm going to press then send them in sometime.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
In a poor reception area. Can't load video. What were the books?

A couple Spider-man 252
Some early Johnny the Homicidal Maniac books
Batman 497
Vampirella 1
Some Ultraverse signatures
What If...?
Solar 10
The Hood 1
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Some nice books and results there.

The waiting is the hard part for sure but the results are so worth it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice. Your tastes are all over the place like mine. I couldn't really see. Was the JTHM 1 a 2nd print and the 2 a 1st print? Either way, nice.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Very nice. Your tastes are all over the place like mine. I couldn't really see. Was the JTHM 1 a 2nd print and the 2 a 1st print? Either way, nice.

Thanks, the JTHM 1 is actually a 4th printing but the JTHM 2 is a first printing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Nice. The best I was ever able to get on a #1 was a 5th print. First print of all the rest though. Gratz again.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
`Nice looking books! Congratulations! Looks like the shipping box took some hits
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
`Nice looking books! Congratulations! Looks like the shipping box took some hits

Thanks, and yes it did arrive looking less than ideal since it was a pretty heavy box with 11 slabs inside. I was a bit worried that there may have been some damage to some slabs but the shipping team put enough padding inside to keep everything intact to support all that weight.
Post 15 IP   flag post
598013 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?