Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Pressing

Suggestions to help improve Turnaround Times - Wrong Answers Only!17121

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Send to 3rd party pressers.

Oh wait.. that's not a wrong answer.
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It’s depressing to me that we have resorted to joking around about this topic. Hell, we aren’t even arguing anymore. I feel like the Comedian, it’s all just a big joke.
Post 27 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Sometimes you have to laugh at absurdity of life. If you take it too seriously you run the risk of getting depressed. Fir example, every time I turn on the news, I have feelings of dread and sorrow. Having comics in my life gives me some peace even if I know it's gonna be awhile before I see my stuff again.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Bring in temps from a staffing agency provide a tutorial on pressing and grading then let them loose on books.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
It’s depressing to me that we have resorted to joking around about this topic. Hell, we aren’t even arguing anymore. I feel like the Comedian, it’s all just a big joke.

Post 30 IP   flag post

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Dawnstar private msg quote post Address this user
They should push the raw grade service, and make it guaranteed to be quick and easy.

"Don't want to wait 2 years for a slab? Well, how 'bout try our raw grade service and have it back in 2 months!"

The reason this is a wrong answer is because it seems almost nobody wants raw grade. But if they did this, I'd ship out tomorrow.
Post 32 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like a hipster, thinking “Ive been getting books graded at CBCS since before it was popular.”
I wouldn’t fault CBCS at all if they restricted submissions to mid/top tier only for a time.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
For submissions with 25 or more books, quickly prescreen books regardless if this was selected as an option. Modern books in about 9.4 and above gets placed in a sleeve insert and placed in the bottom of the pile. The quick prescreen books are automatically given a 9.4 with a random 9.6 thrown in, maybe a 9.8 if feeling generous. Remaining books are then graded through the normal process, which effectively cuts the grading time to nearly half of what it should have taken which helps to reduce TAT.

Go to CBCS website and create a shill account. Start a thread saying how tight CBCS grading is and how "true collectors" value having an accurate grade over having a more valuable book. Eventually as submitters get their books back they will also jump into the thread to comment how "tight" the grading is compared to CGC. Shill poster should continue to press how accurate grading tops having a higher resale value.

As casual collectors read over forum threads, they see the shill's thread and decides they want their books to sell for more therefore they send their books to CGC instead. Less books get sent to CBCS equals reduction in TAT.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Comic books... a metaphor for life if ever there was one.

(And personally I think we're all hilarious!)
Post 35 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam
Buy PGX and re-staff their facility.

Wait... PGX has a facility?!?

Isn't that a term used for the bathroom?

I have to go use the facility
Post 36 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Post 37 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

I'd edit the fake if I were you.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Do a weekly lucky draw among the shipped books for pressing - where the price is next day pressing so people have a chance for faster pressing
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
I can't believe you lot haven't hit on the REAL solution...

Outsource everything to CGC!

Old fashioned recipe for steamed hams!

Post 40 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Bring in temps from a staffing agency provide a tutorial on pressing and grading then let them loose on books.

So basically the CGC approach.
Post 41 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Solicit the group opinion of an internet forum.
Post 42 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Non-responsive to topic but…

Don’t improve TATs, rebrand forum to “The Waiting Room” and place targeted ads at premium click-through pricing.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The (wrong) response CBCS has to this thread.

* originally posted in the wrong thread.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
* originally posted in the wrong thread.

@Jesse_O - That's just....wrong.

Musta been dat wrong turn in Albuquerque.
Post 45 IP   flag post
600640 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?