Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureStatuesToys

Finally unpacked!!! Ed Cave complete!!!16980

Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I finally found some time to fix up the “Ed Cave”!!!

Now to finish up that Skottie Young baby variant collection!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
How are you attaching your slabs to the wall?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Love the collection of Skottie Young covers. Huge fan of his. something about the baby/chibi artstyle. He's a regular at the convention I go to...always one of my favorites to get stuff signed.

actually the origin of why he started those comics happened at the convention I go to.

He had just done working on the then recent X-Babies mini series. The convention asked him to design the badges for the invited guests in the style of x-babies. so he did the badges with I think 5 designs (baby magento was one of them I believe). turned out they became popular. them being sold on ebay.....when he realized he accidently made a hit...he started doing the covers

dont forget before that he was mostly famous for the wizard of oz comics, his deadpool run and the x-babies mini series
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndrWmn74

there are things you buy. like mini shelves and stuff you'd hang frames
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@WndrWmn74

I believe something like this.

Comic Mount Comic Book Frame, Wall Mount and Shelf Stand, Invisible and Adjustable, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GP1HJQG/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_HN9WA5TJKJ8N57Q5A0CN
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@EddieTheComicGuy

Did you create the labels for the books in the fourth pic?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndrWmn74

I use the collector mount brackets.

https://collectormount.com
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@EddieTheComicGuy

Did you create the labels for the books in the fourth pic?

I did sir!!! The slabs are from ultra pro. There was a bit of room at the top of the slab so I created the labels as stickers. Here are some of the labels I've done.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@EddieTheComicGuy Very nice room.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@EddieTheComicGuy Very nice room.

Thanks!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Love the collection of Skottie Young covers. Huge fan of his. something about the baby/chibi artstyle. He's a regular at the convention I go to...always one of my favorites to get stuff signed.

actually the origin of why he started those comics happened at the convention I go to.

He had just done working on the then recent X-Babies mini series. The convention asked him to design the badges for the invited guests in the style of x-babies. so he did the badges with I think 5 designs (baby magento was one of them I believe). turned out they became popular. them being sold on ebay.....when he realized he accidently made a hit...he started doing the covers

dont forget before that he was mostly famous for the wizard of oz comics, his deadpool run and the x-babies mini series

I have about 200 of the covers he's done so far. I've fallen behind a bit with the more recent covers. I might have to bug you to get some of these books signed the next time he's in your town!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
600438 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?