Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Pressing

does it matter what postal service i send my comics in to be graded with?16857

Collector tgriffs private msg quote post Address this user
hello, this my first time sending anything in to be graded and I just want to make sure I get everything right and I wasn't sure if the carrier mattered when shipping comics in. I know that when they ship them back it will be through FedEx. thanks for all the help in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
only thing I can think of that matters is cost shipping cost. I dont think it matters who delivers it.

i personally find it easier to submit at conventions. fill out form. hand comic(s)....play waiting game (trust me it will take a very very long time unless you rush 9t)
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome and congrats on your first submission!

The carrier doesn't matter as long as it gets there.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
If they are high dollar books, I would seriously recommend you using USPS Registered Mail.

Welcome to the forum.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
welcome to the board. this place is great to ask questions, discuss comics (or anything fun). been a member since early november when I made my first (and only) submission (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9 virgin villain variant)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Use Pirate Ship..........they will give you the cheapest rates
Post 6 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
If they are high dollar books, I would seriously recommend you using USPS Registered Mail.

Welcome to the forum.

Exactly this. The most secure way to send your books is via USPS Registered Mail. It'll take a little longer because of all the security procedures, but it's by far the best.

Greetings & Welcome!
Post 7 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd is correct, every piece sent USPS Registered Mail is accounted for by a postal employee at every step of the processing/delivery chain. That said, it is expensive and much slower.

Personally I would recommend FedEx as they apparently are the CBCS preferred shipping provider.

I am in the logistics industry and can say those clients who utilize FedEx as their exclusive outbound shipping provider often receive inbound shipment perks such as multiple FedEx on-site deliveries (Express AM, Express PM, Ground) daily. I am not sure if this is the case for CBCS.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Investigate the value of your books and find out who will insure them for that amount.

I've utilized USPS Registered mail every time I've sent something to an auction house. It could take up to a week longer to arrive, but it always did. No package has ever been lost or damaged either.
Post 9 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Investigate the value of your books and find out who will insure them for that amount.

I've utilized USPS Registered mail every time I've sent something to an auction house. It could take up to a week longer to arrive, but it always did. No package has ever been lost or damaged either.

It is a HUGE deal to USPS employees.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600777 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?