Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

recommended places to sell comics16810

Collector smeninc private msg quote post Address this user
I have been using ebay for years to sell things including comic books. What is a good alternative platform for selling comic books (graded and raw) in a safe and secure manner? Pro and Cons.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@smeninc What are the issues at Ebay that are causing you to look for an alternative? Don't let my forum name influence your reply, lol.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
local comic shop?
craigslist

It doesnt pay in cash but listia is a ebay like site that uses a point system. sell to get pts....use pts to buy (I think you cant cash out)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector furlo316 private msg quote post Address this user
Mercari is not terrible, eBay-esque in my estimation, but all buy-it-now and offers, no bidding.
Post 4 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
WhatNot keeps growing steadily. Its available on apps and desktops and is focused on collectibles and doesn't side with the buyer like eBay.
I love it, I do a live sale every Tuesday, 1st Tuesday of each month is 100% foreign comics and starts in 20 minutes. All my lots start at $1 bids.
Some don't like the platform, it is newer and has some growing pains, but the support team is great and fixes bugs quick. They also are already doing their own exclusives. Check it out with my referral link and we both make $10 when you buy stuff.
clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
When I have something worth the effort I’ll send to MCS for consignment.

Otherwise you’re getting stuck with a final value fee, listing fee, PayPal fee, transaction fee, etc. no matter where you go; “they’ve got a fee for that”

(“they’ve got a fee for that” is a registered trademark of HulkSmash Enterprises INC, CO. LLC and is not to be used without the express written consent of HulkSmash Enterprises INC, CO. LLC or it’s subsidiaries not including but not limited to HulkSmash Enterprises LTD of the Himalayas.)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector smeninc private msg quote post Address this user
eBay is buyer bias. They are ridiculous that they charge a sales tax from the buyer. At the same time charge a seller fee based on the percentage of the sales tax and sales tax is not something sellersnreceive. This is double dipping. So sellers has to raise the prices and buyers end up paying even more. Not a good marketplace since everyone loses except eBay
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't want to get myself riled again since 10-99-K ... woops... I mean 01-01-22 , so I will just sit this one out for feedback.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
WhatNot keeps growing steadily. Its available on apps and desktops and is focused on collectibles and doesn't side with the buyer like eBay.
I love it, I do a live sale every Tuesday, 1st Tuesday of each month is 100% foreign comics and starts in 20 minutes. All my lots start at $1 bids.
Some don't like the platform, it is newer and has some growing pains, but the support team is great and fixes bugs quick. They also are already doing their own exclusives. Check it out with my referral link and we both make $10 when you buy stuff.
clickable text

Apparently WhatNot is not compostable to my Mac, even though it is fully updated. Thanks for indicating this alternative though.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Myslabs.com seems to have a pretty small buying audience but it can be a good price to sell well priced slabbed books. And since their sales are small, sales tax will only apply to buyers inside your state. The commission is only 1% for each the buyer and the seller.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597904 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?