Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern Age

Custom CBCS Stuart Sayger labels16481

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
CGC submitters and buyers must have the aesthetic tastes of a New Jersey housewife if they think that garbage looks good

lol. The sheeple believe that gilding the lilies is the height of class. I like to Bedazzle my cases with custom labels.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Without a competent Marketing team in place to not only spot such trends, as well as act on implementing them?

I would have to say........ NO... which probably cost them any opportunity. Your point is well taken.

To the credit of CBCS marketing team, they have introduced some novel concepts. Verified signatures, raw grading and grader’s notes available to anyone.

However, once a company like CGC becomes the top tog, it’s difficult to compete.

I wonder if Marvel (or DC for that matter) would have even entertained the idea of giving CBCS the exclusive rights to use their intellectual property on labels, considering their relatively small market share.

It is very true that if your going to topple or compete with the Giant your going to have to out hussle them at their own game. Something CBCS has yet to been able to do.

While I can appreciate it... I wouldn't call the Free grader notes all that novel. CGC just rendered that talking point mute.

The Raw grading service of charging someone to put a book in a mylar bag was indeed genius! The fact that anybody bought into this in the first place was amazing. The novelty didn't last long and If the CBCS magazine holder ever comes out I believe the Raw Book service will become totally useless.

The Verified Signature service has indeed been a plus for CBCS and those that use and believe in the service, but with all of the fraud that has always surrounded the autograph industry it makes it just a small niche of the hobby, not to mention very controversial and debated subject.

CBCS gets its biggest kudos from me on New slab they introduce last year. That is something that reaches across all aspects of the hobby. If CBCS is going to be able to gain more market share from the Giant they need more victories like their new slab.

The total lack of any kind of customer service for years on end does not help the CBCS brand. I think implementing a first class customer service department would be the single biggest thing CBCS could do to acquire higher market share and brand name loyalty.

of coarse this is just my opinion....... Let the names Begin!
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
CGC submitters and buyers must have the aesthetic tastes of a New Jersey housewife if they think that garbage looks good

lol. The sheeple believe that gilding the lilies is the height of class. I like to Bedazzle my cases with custom labels.

Money doesn't buy class, but it sure does turn the volume up on tacky.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Without a competent Marketing team in place to not only spot such trends, as well as act on implementing them?

I would have to say........ NO... which probably cost them any opportunity. Your point is well taken.

To the credit of CBCS marketing team, they have introduced some novel concepts. Verified signatures, raw grading and grader’s notes available to anyone.

However, once a company like CGC becomes the top tog, it’s difficult to compete.

I wonder if Marvel (or DC for that matter) would have even entertained the idea of giving CBCS the exclusive rights to use their intellectual property on labels, considering their relatively small market share.

It is very true that if your going to topple or compete with the Giant your going to have to out hussle them at their own game. Something CBCS has yet to been able to do.

While I can appreciate it... I wouldn't call the Free grader notes all that novel. CGC just rendered that talking point mute.

The Raw grading service of charging someone to put a book in a mylar bag was indeed genius! The fact that anybody bought into this in the first place was amazing. The novelty didn't last long and If the CBCS magazine holder ever comes out I believe the Raw Book service will become totally useless.

The Verified Signature service has indeed been a plus for CBCS and those that use and believe in the service, but with all of the fraud that has always surrounded the autograph industry it makes it just a small niche of the hobby, not to mention very controversial and debated subject.

CBCS gets its biggest kudos from me on New slab they introduce last year. That is something that reaches across all aspects of the hobby. If CBCS is going to be able to gain more market share from the Giant they need more victories like their new slab.

The total lack of any kind of customer service for years on end does not help the CBCS brand. I think implementing a first class customer service department would be the single biggest thing CBCS could do to acquire higher market share and brand name loyalty.

of coarse this is just my opinion....... Let the names Begin!

Okay....................

Lisa, John, Sam, Jack, Jim, Todd, Joan, Sarah, Ben, Anne, Betty, Louise, Barbara, Michelle, Bridgette, Patrick, Ryan, Rose, Crystal, Joshua, ................

Can I stop now? 🤷
Post 29 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944

Quote:

The word you’re looking for is not “mute”, but whatever that point is moot.

Not “all that novel”? CBCS is still the only comic grading company with free online grader’s notes.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
@BigRedOne1944

Quote:

“Not that novel at all”? CBCS is still the the only comic grading company with free online grader’s notes.

CBCS is still the the only comic grading company with free online grader’s notes that actually gives you notes.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Yea.... Thats probably it

I'm glad you can see it from my perspective. Have a blessed Sunday.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Hypocrisy
The practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles.

Since we're not really talking about moral standards, let's go with "inconsistency" rather than the inflammatory term "Hypocrisy".

Speaking of inconsistency: The @BigRedOne1944 in the link below insists that grading is purely for purposes of selling and any other purpose would be a waste of money. He prefers to not even display slabs, but to display his own copies of comic book covers printed out with his own cyber-labels.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/16102/page/2/2-types-of-collectors-that-submit-comics-to-cbcs/

The @BigRedOne1944 in the current thread believes that the added-cost CGC custom labels are the cat's ass, and CBCS is behind the curve.

Irony might be the operative word here because I honestly was shocked to open this thread and find you arguing the importance of custom decorative labels. It truly was the opposite of what I expected.
Post 33 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I wanna play

Post 34 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Oh my God, lol.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Money doesn't buy class, but it sure does turn the volume up on tacky.

So the self proclaimed "High Class" are obviously not fans of the custom labels, duly noted.

So what about the rest of the tacky low class folks who might be fans of the custom labels?

Im not sure of the status, but I hope CBCS is able to implement some kind of custom label program as Ive always been a fan of them.

Obviously CBCS will continues to offer their plain labels for those not interested in the custom labels.

Im not sure how it works across the street at CGC, as I haven't submitted books there in years, but it looks like they introduce and retire certain labels on a regular basis. Im not sure if CGC holds an exclusive license with Marvel, but its something CBCS would be wise to look into, because like em or not, custom labels are here to stay, and I think CBCS and @sborock are well aware of it and thus the Joker Book.

My favorite is the Skyline Spiderman Label. I really like the way it is super imposed in the backdrop with the classic color Spidey swinging into the foreground. I think it flows beautifully with the book. Obviously its not everyone's cup of tea, but I really like how it looks.

Despite being late to the game, hopefully CBCS can obtain licensing to implement some type of custom label program of their own.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944

Quote:

“Not that novel at all”? CBCS is still the the only comic grading company with free online grader’s notes.

Appreciate the English lesson.

I do believe CGC just announced Free Grader notes. Gonna go ahead and use my newly learned word........ Its still a moot point. Thanks for the help!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
I do believe CGC just announced Free Grader notes. Gonna go ahead and use my newly learned word........ Its still a moot point. Thanks for the help!

They are only free if you have a paid membership. Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

They are only free if you have a paid membership. Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

I'm gonna say that the QR code on the back that gives verifiable grader notes to anyone with a cell phone is the most overlooked part of the CBCS innovation. It's pretty brilliant and we kind of take it for granted. It's like having all the details of the books condition put on the label. But in a compact little code rather than a bunch of words. It was a great use of cell phone technology in my opinion and it gets very little mention.
Post 39 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CGC grader notes (when there's actual notes) are definitely not free.
Post 40 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CGC offers a variety of much more creative high quality designs

Meanwhile, at CGC...

Post 41 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros El Tres Fantastico!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

Meanwhile, at CGC...

Something seems to be missing 🤔
Post 43 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

Meanwhile, at CGC...

Something seems to be missing 🤔

Yea. The most basic of forethought.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Seems I got the local natives in and uproar. I guess getting hit in the face with the raw truths will do that.
Hopefully y'all don't riot and start burning store fronts.

Quote:
Quote:
Hypocrisy
The practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles.

Since we're not really talking about moral standards, let's go with "inconsistency" rather than the inflammatory term "Hypocrisy".

Speaking of inconsistency: The @BigRedOne1944 in the link below insists that grading is purely for purposes of selling and any other purpose would be a waste of money. He prefers to not even display slabs, but to display his own copies of comic book covers printed out with his own cyber-labels.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/16102/page/2/2-types-of-collectors-that-submit-comics-to-cbcs/

The @BigRedOne1944 in the current thread believes that the added-cost CGC custom labels are the cat's ass, and CBCS is behind the curve.

Irony might be the operative word here because I honestly was shocked to open this thread and find you arguing the importance of custom decorative labels. It truly was the opposite of what I expected.

The fact that I don't believe in grading many books for displaying, as opposed to strictly selling them doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty of a slabbed book. Pretty weak attempt. but you tried. You Even got a chuckle out of Larry and Moe....

What's really "inconsistent" is starting a Thread called

"Ask questions here without starting a whole new thread"

And then posting question after question in new threads

MCS...has anyone here ever had a grading disappointment?

Who is the comic writer you trust most to not disappoint?

Constantine Fans...did you know this?

Are CBCS cases significantly tougher than CGC cases?

Anyone want to check how their choices aged in 10 months?

Thoughts on grade for this odd one?

Loooong term future... Name a book and discuss?

question on married pages?

Whats the feedback on venom carnage movie?

what are some annuals I should pick up?

Found at Thrift Storewhat are they?

do you ever just get sick of the sniping on ebay?

Whats your best comic book acquisition story?

anyone here newsstandcomix on myslab.com?

Etc...Etc... Etc... Gotta give you local natives credit..... you sure stick together in your tribe

How bout we check out some more beautiful books

I al;so like the way the use the super imposed image in the grading box. This would look awesome in the new CBCS slab!

Dead pool label kind lame IMO, you guys may like it though

I would have preferred a Jim Lee wolverine version

The Cap label is pretty subtle, but nicely done. Pretty cool

Hey! .... It just hit me! If CBCS is unable to make cool custom labels I can Scan my CBCS Books and custom make me some of my Trusty "Cyber Slabs" and just print them out myself! Woo Hoo!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, quite.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
That cgc logo is a bigger eyesore than the comiclink stickers. At least those are on the back of the slab. CBCS definitely has them beat with the more transparent logo on the label instead of the slab.

I still dont understand the appeal of the cgc custom labels on books that already have a great cover. If anything it distracts from the book. I could understand it on an awful cover like X-factor 6 but that ASM #50 would look far better without one.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

I guess ive done all the damage I can do here for now, best to cut and run before the stooge pile starts.

What the Hell was I thinking liking on those CGC labels here on CBCS board?

"Im a #2" better run..... here they come
Post 48 IP   flag post
I love how the cgc logo covers from 1/4 to 1/2 of the custom label you're paying extra for.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 you used to be just like us until someone at cbcs put their grubby hands on your inner sleeves.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

AH HA! So you admit you do Love them! I knew you were holding back......

Gosh darn it! Now Im out of here
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DrWatson

AH hA! So you do Love them!

No, I don't care for any of them, CBCS or the cgc. I'm just here because you're my late night entertainment.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
That cgc logo is a bigger eyesore than the comiclink stickers. At least those are on the back of the slab. CBCS definitely has them beat with the more transparent logo on the label instead of the slab.

I still dont understand the appeal of the cgc custom labels on books that already have a great cover. If anything it distracts from the book. I could understand it on an awful cover like X-factor 6 but that ASM #50 would look far better without one.

Its like a disease!!!!! I can't get away!!! How darn you say that about X-Factor #6!!!! Shame on you!
Post 53 IP   flag post
CGC is banking that one day the retired labels will become super collectible and then they will grade and slab the slab.

Then sell another limited edition custom label on the slabbed slab, of course
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
What's really "inconsistent" is starting a Thread called

"Ask questions here without starting a whole new thread"

And then posting question after question in new threads

I apologize if my catch-all thread for simple questions confused you. I can see how you interpreted it as a strategic plan to replace all other discussion threads that might be worded in the form of a question. No, I'm lying, I actually can't see how you would interpret it that way. You're not silly like that.
Post 55 IP   flag post
615415 94 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?