CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

What are some annuals I should pick up15856

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
See the what comics have you read today thread for more ideas.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
FF Annual #2 - Origin of Doctor Doom

As it so happens, I just got THIS back from That Other Guy...




Yeah, I know, I'm a big ol' traitor, but I HAD to have THAT LABEL!

PS: Now if I could just get back the other 100+ books of mine That Other Guy has...
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Looks like @Byrdibyrd beat me to the punch on the Alan Moore annuals

You got me on that Batman Annual, though! That's such a great Clayface story, too, and with some nice art from George Freeman, who was on the original 70's run of Captain Canuck.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
What jumps into my head is Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 - Peter and MJ's wedding and Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - First Sinister Six


Unfortunately I can't get past the price of Annual 1 and I can't get past the cover of Annual 21. Is it a good read?


I don't like the way MJ is written and the guy who is attempting to talk her out of marriage the entire time grates on me.

I just looked up some of the pricing in the Mile High comics ad in it. In 1987, a Giant Size X-Men 1 was 72.00. X-Men 94 was 90.00. An X-Men 120 was 24.00, 129 was 9.50, 130 was 11.00, Daredevil 158 was 21.00, Daredevil 131 was 3.25, and most of Miller's run was 2.00 to 11.00. I stopped looking up books. I got depressed looking at those prices.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This was the one I always wanted as a kid but didn't have the money to pay for. Finally read it last year, it wasn't very good:



This is the one that sticks in my memory from the early 80's:



This is the one I remember enjoying reading more than once:

Post 30 • IP   flag post


I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I just read a synopsis of thor annual where he out drinks mephisto. Looks like a not so serious book that might be interesting.

Screen Rant: Thor's Greatest Victory Was In A Drinking Contest Against The Devil.
https://screenrant.com/thor-greatest-victory-drinking-competition-contest-devil-mephisto/
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Not an annual, but a summer special. Marvel superheroes 10 (‘90 2nd series) Very good Scarlet Witch/Vision story in the back as former Avengers and takes place before the ‘85 Scarlet/Vision limited series.

Post 32 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This one looks kind of interesting, anyone read it?


Post 33 • IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
This was the one I always wanted as a kid but didn't have the money to pay for. Finally read it last year, it wasn't very good:



I'm sending mine in to CBCS to be graded.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
This one looks kind of interesting, anyone read it?




Yes. It is freakin’ awesome! Concludes a long storyline of Superman’s adventures in space. Very highly recommended!
Post 35 • IP   flag post
657131 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?