Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingFor SaleQuestions

Watch this shoe, and see if it DROPS.15840

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
cgc Trading Cards made the announcement excerpt below:

“cgc Trading Cards is excited to announce that it has caught up on the backlog of packages that were waiting to be opened. This important accomplishment follows a monthslong effort that included thousands of hours of overtime, hundreds of new hires, operational efficiency consultants and massive investments in technology and office space.”

First off Thousands of hrs of OT and HUNDREDs of New Hires? On top of the other things, this pretty much equates to massive loss this year in hopes of taking and solidifying marketshare. Now, how many more months or years will this willingness to lose money last? Will it last long enough to drive out competitors?

Second if there was a backlog that large to require that many new hires and OT hours, then there is likely massive amount of graded cards coming to market. Which, may very well create an oversupply which in turn drops prices.

If this does indeed lead to a large drop in prices, it may be a foreshadowing of what is to come when CBCS and cgc get through their backlogs.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
You mean I could get a 5.0 HOS 92 under 1k like 3 years ago when I started collecting and was too dumb/broke not to buy one for at the going rate $400 and was like “nah I’ll get these stupid books graded for the $400 and grab the HOS later”?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash - too early to tell, but the next several months of trading card activity could be a…harbinger.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@HulkSmash - too early to tell, but the next several months of trading card activity could be a…harbinger.
mmhmm that was a good series.

I suspect the major keys won’t be affected much if at all. HOS 92 was a steady increase until the last year or so unlike UF4 which exploded overnight, but you’re right; we’ll see.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
hmmmmm.....I think I'll wait to see if the other shoe drops....don't want to watch this one.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
OK sure, there's gonna be a glut of these:

But there won't be a glut of these:

Post 6 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia awww mannnnnnn...I have 1 or 2 of those 362's that I could stand to off load!!

Don't have any Golden Age Captain Marvel...wanna trade??
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

Or these..including this one which is not for sale:

But I did send in 17 of these, most of which should be CBCS 9.8s at MCS by Early to Mid 2022.

Post 8 IP   flag post
@flanders MMMmmmmmmmmmmm.....more books I don't have but would like to have

do have a fun sketch though

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh….I NEED that CMA 18. I have two copies of #19.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I have plenty of Golden Age Captain Marvel to trade. But it won't be this one. I think this book will triple by time the next Shazam movie comes out. There's a lot of attention around the little girl who plays Mary Marvel.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I agree!

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
cgc Trading Cards made the announcement excerpt below:

“cgc Trading Cards is excited to announce that it has caught up on the backlog of packages that were waiting to be opened. This important accomplishment follows a monthslong effort that included thousands of hours of overtime, hundreds of new hires, operational efficiency consultants and massive investments in technology and office space.”

First off Thousands of hrs of OT and HUNDREDs of New Hires? On top of the other things, this pretty much equates to massive loss this year in hopes of taking and solidifying marketshare. Now, how many more months or years will this willingness to lose money last? Will it last long enough to drive out competitors?

Second if there was a backlog that large to require that many new hires and OT hours, then there is likely massive amount of graded cards coming to market. Which, may very well create an oversupply which in turn drops prices.

If this does indeed lead to a large drop in prices, it may be a foreshadowing of what is to come when CBCS and cgc get through their backlogs.

Hard to say. Was at Monroe pop fest Cody whom I consider to be my comic facilitator told me to expect about 6 months for me to get the order back. I pointed to my phone and ask "doesn't this read 16 weeks?" He answered "yes it does." 16 weeks 6 months it all relative. My LCS sent a doctor strange #1 and a spider woman #1 to cgc 2 months ago for a good price. Last update I got was at least 4 more months till he gets it back. Lots of variables: pandemic backlog employees pent up demand ect. We are not close to normal yet.
Post 13 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
I was surprised by the email. Didn't PSA and BGS both halt submissions because of their backlogs? It smells like CGC wants to take over the graded card game.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Wish they’d work through their backlog of comic submissions.

My “Fast Track” modern press/grade order received 4/16/21 still says “CCS in Process”.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
The email was directed at trading cards. Are people assuming this includes comics?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
The email was directed at trading cards. Are people assuming this includes comics?
@the420bandito - i for one am not. But, my contemplation is that there may be a correction due to a coming oversupply. And, if that is the case it may correlate similarly to comics after the cgc and CBCS get the backlogs down.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm not going to say its related, but a store owner that I follow on IG just got billed for 27 orders (25 copy pre-screens) over 2 days. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@the420bandito - i for one am not. But, my contemplation is that there may be a correction due to a coming oversupply. And, if that is the case it may correlate similarly to comics after the cgc and CBCS get the backlogs down.

CGC wants a part of the card trade. OK, but they aren't the gold standard in that industry. They aren't even in the top 3. They are clearing their back log of cards out to gain market share. (If you guys think the TAT's in comics are bad send in some cards). All CGC is attempting to follow the path of gaining market share that SGC did. SGC hired people (they went from under 20 employees to 100+-) and their TAT's went to under 30 days. You heard me, under 30 days from the time cards were put in the mail to them and they were returned to the collector's door graded and slabbed. Due to that and PSA shutting the door on new submissions, SGC's market share exploded. Yes, they have issues with their slabs being sold for lower amounts for various reasons. That being said, in the card market, taking the hit on the price is offset by having a card returned in extremely fast times in a very volatile market.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

I bow to you. That is a unicorn.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Or these..including this one which is not for sale:

But I did send in 17 of these, most of which should be CBCS 9.8s at MCS by Early to Mid 2022.

@flanders - You gonna send that in to CBCS for VSP? And, if so, Press or Press Screen? That is definitely one for the closet.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator it's not in hand yet. I'll take a look and decide if it's worth it but right now I'm leaning against taking that risk.
Post 22 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user

All that... to open boxes.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros

All that... to open boxes.

You ever open a box brah? Shiiii…paper cuts for days.
Post 24 IP   flag post
598076 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?