Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsStatues

Day 21 on my 2 day modern order15755

Collector phonautograph private msg quote post Address this user
Today is day 21 on my 2 day modern order and it still shows as “submitted”. The books were delivered to their facility and signed for. I’ve emailed 3 times and called twice but no one has reached out with any info. I like CBCS but stuff like this makes me feel like a total sucker.

I know that their staff are overwhelmed and doing their best. I understand mistakes and delays and human error, but straight up not responding is hard to accept. Can’t think of any other customer service experience I’ve had where the company simply ignores you.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
They should definitely update the turnaround link at the top of their homepage. It's been at 1 week for several months now and they've clearly had a massive increase in 2 day modern submissions, causing a backlog at that tier, not to mention every other lower tier that gets pushed back in order to accommodate the higher priced ones.

I know they've updated the turnaround times before, hopefully someone will get around to it again soon to give more realistic expectations.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/estimated-turnaround-times

Good luck with getting them back soon and thanks for the update. I'll be holding onto my 2 day modern coupons for now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector asapa8 private msg quote post Address this user
not sure why thats happening. My most recent submission was two books for 2 day modern and it took exactly a week to get back to my front door, super fast. Maybe its the size of the order you may have more books? Or again they are just a bit scrambled. I even had an issue with one book and after sending a question here in the forum to the right people, theyre getting me taken care of.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@asapa8 and I readthat all the time. I sent in a modern 2 day and it was delivered on June 29th. Still in the submitted stage. And I'm glad to hear people getting the books back quickly, what pisses me off is after 4 calls and each time a promise to expedite it, and the last time they would get Steve to call or email me. Still nothing. Why can't they find it? I labelled it on all sides of the box.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
I would like CBCS get the upper hand on their competition by being proactive and open a second outlet (***cough***somewhereincanada***cough***) where they train the graders for a solid year in the head Texas location with the idea of relocating to another office elsewhere (New York? California? Toronto?)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
@phonautograph did you write “ 2 day” on the outside of your package. I submitted a 2 day order back in mid July and got books back in 10 days total
Post 6 IP   flag post
I put 2 day modern stickers on all sides of the box also, they still cannot find it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
It was mentioned in another thread that cbcs checks in books within a few days of receiving them so unless they put the books back into it's original shipping box then it's probably going to be a challenge for them to track it down.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1971
@phonautograph did you write “ 2 day” on the outside of your package. I submitted a 2 day order back in mid July and got books back in 10 days total
Yes. I marked it on the outside in multiple spots to reflect "2 DAY MODERN"
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asapa8
not sure why thats happening. My most recent submission was two books for 2 day modern and it took exactly a week to get back to my front door, super fast. Maybe its the size of the order you may have more books? Or again they are just a bit scrambled. I even had an issue with one book and after sending a question here in the forum to the right people, theyre getting me taken care of.
My order was only 2 books as well. I have always received my 2 DAY MODERN orders back within a week. The delay is one thing, but the fact that customer service is completely non responsive is a much bigger problem.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I have 12 books, cannot imagine that it is to big to delay it 3 months. I just wish they could explain that its in a pile and give me an answer as to why people are getting it under 2 weeks and I am on 3 months.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Willudie4me private msg quote post Address this user
Instead of complaining about delays in the receiving department... Just know Cbcs is hiring. Real change starts from the inside... If we all apply and get the job I think we could have this straightened out in at least six months... What do you say guys teamwork makes the dream work right? Yeahhhh! Lol...
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Willudie4me 4 of us could rent a one bedroom apartment in Dallas and get two bunkbeds. Unless you already live there, we can move in with you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Willudie4me private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like we're putting a plan together...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Just got off the phone with them for the 5th time. The guys on the phone are super nice, and they say they escalate the issue every time. But ultimately they are not helpful really at all. Told the guy Darryl Hayden replied to one of my emails around 3 weeks ago, he said thats the guy who can help you. But he hasnt got back to me as the guy on the phone says he is doing conventions and is very busy. I had thought there would be a guy they would email at the warehouse who could look into things on a lower level. Maybe not. Just made me more frustrated
Post 15 IP   flag post
Dang that sounds frustrating. Out getting new customers without taking care of their current customers.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE It is very frustrating. Why is my regular submission via Canada getting processed quicker than my 2 day modern submitted directly to Dallas. Just an answer is all im looking for, even if its a BS answer. Just something.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector asapa8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rongro daryl will get back to you and take care of you, he took care of my situation and were just getting it handled now because he told me he was out of the office with a sick family member. So just bear with him and im sure hell take care of you hes great
Post 18 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
The other side of the street posts their legit turnaround times...even if they are half a year. And it's updated daily. I think this would help CBCS alleviate a lot of cust serv questions. At least people won't be in the dark.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector miadolphins01 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent my 2-day modern order in after calling and verifying that if I sent it in I would have it back in time for a Con. Proceeded to send in, labeled every side of the box 2-day modern. This was Aug 23rd. CBCS received on Aug 25th. I called the week it was supposed to be back and now I have emailed and called daily to DHayden and some others. Also talked to customer service and was promised a call back by a supervisor. Nothing.

So I spent $200 for an expedited service to get the comics back in time for the Con and now it’s wasted money.

Would love a response and a call back from someone within the company to explain what is going on and would also like a refund of the extra $200 I spent for the service I didn’t get. Hiring a customer service team should be a priority if they want to compete or even run a good business.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@asapa8 I hope so, it has been nearly 3 weeks since he last responded. Its just so frustrating not getting any info at all from the guys on the phone. They are polite, but cant answer anything at all.
@miadolphins01 right, i had hoped to get mine back to sell some at a small con in august. Now maybe the one in november. But a refund on the 2 day (3month) service would be a start. I didnt even mention they charged my CC $30 more than the invoice, and in my account it says i have an outstanding balance of $3.60 and I have some Peter guy handling that for 2 weeks now too.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Rongro daryl will get back to you and take care of you, he took care of my situation and were just getting it handled now because he told me he was out of the office with a sick family member. So just bear with him and im sure hell take care of you hes great

I know when I take time off I have someone who can handle my business until I return to work. If I know I have urgent matters that I can't immediately address before taking time off then I have my assistant follow up. Unless this is a one man operation, it's strange for a multi-million dollar operation to not have the other people in place to fill in for Daryl while he is out. It's like customer service stops when he isn't around. Not a great customer experience.
Post 22 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It would be great if CBCS had a line of people waiting around the building to apply for the job. Unfortunately they don't. Plus, it isn't a job just anyone can accomplish. I have 25 years experience in customer service. I'm not sure they could pay me enough money to move to Dallas and deal with some of the assholes I see posting here on a daily basis.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
I put 2 day modern stickers on all sides of the box also, they still cannot find it.

While all of us understand your frustration - it actually sounds like you have an explanation. The post office(?) says the package was delivered on June 29. The books still show "submitted" on CBCS's end. You say above "I put 2 day modern stickers on all sides of the box....they (CBCS) still cannot find it."

The answer is your package/books are lost. Not the answer you want to hear - but it looks as though that is the answer. If CBCS could find your package, your 2 day moderns would be done in a week.

Given that you say the package was signed for, you might want to take a different approach to this problem. The question to be asking is not when they will find your books and get them graded. The question is when are they going to compensate you financially for the lost books.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
I would like CBCS get the upper hand on their competition by being proactive and open a second outlet (***cough***somewhereincanada***cough***) where they train the graders for a solid year in the head Texas location with the idea of relocating to another office elsewhere (New York? California? Toronto?)

Have you ever worked in Human resources or otherwise as a hiring authority (manager, owner, etc.) Because what you say above is a lot easier to say than accomplish.

It would not be a simple matter to find qualified people that would be willing to live in Texas for a year being trained and then - once trained - be willing to move to Canada to work for years. You either have to find Canadians that are willing to live in Texas for a year or Texans willing to relocate to Canada for the rest of the lives - or at least a very long time.

What would actually happen is you'd get these new hires trained and THEN they would QUIT or apply for openings in Dallas because they don't want to move. They have been in Dallas a year. That is now their home.

I've always been skeptical of grading companies having more than one location. Not sure how they could maintain consistency. But if it is possible to solve that problem, then the obvious and easier path is to send one or two very experienced graders (say those at a level they can finalize grade) and a general manager to the new location to start it up. Hire and train staff. Probably going to need to send someone experienced with encapsulation for a time too. With the understanding that they are there for a year and then can come back if they want. And that it's a career ladder thing for them. Eyes on them for a promotions if things go well.

I can imagine the climate change being a shock as well. Those used to the scorching hot Dallas summers would find Canada to be like living in a refrigerator. Canadians would think they had moved to hell once summer hit in Dallas.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@IronMan ya, that is my fear at this point.imagine what that process is like.
Post 26 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonautograph
Can’t think of any other customer service experience I’ve had where the company simply ignores you.

Apparently you've never emailed Dynamic Forces customer support, lol. I started numbering them after awhile... Email number 7 (with the same simple question) is where I finally gave up.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros I ordered 2 DCeased #1 graded at 9.6 or higher, was a preorder and then the wait for grading. They are the worst, I gave up too, i think the order was from April 2019. I never miss a chance to bash Dynamic Forces.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
Just got off the phone with them for the 5th time. The guys on the phone are super nice, and they say they escalate the issue every time. But ultimately they are not helpful really at all. Told the guy Darryl Hayden replied to one of my emails around 3 weeks ago, he said thats the guy who can help you. But he hasnt got back to me as the guy on the phone says he is doing conventions and is very busy. I had thought there would be a guy they would email at the warehouse who could look into things on a lower level. Maybe not. Just made me more frustrated

Quote:

I wonder why CS said he's attending conventions. Big difference from helping a sick family member, and enough to ruffle feathers as @50AE_DE suggested.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Siggy I am not too sure, but that is what the guy said. I found it odd there is not a person at the warehouse, a manager, or supervisor, or a team leader or someone who can look into it instead of the Regional manager.
Post 30 IP   flag post
619263 44 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.