Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingPop Culture

CBCS does indeed open packages upon receipt - unlike others.15749

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
On the 7th of Sept, I sent in a package to CBCS. Tracking posted that they received the package yesterday, Monday Sept. 13th. This morning I received an email from CBCS informing me that a comic that was part of the submission was missing from the box. Sure enough, I still had the comic. My bad for multi-tasking while packaging up my order. Oh, and by the way, the submissions do not show on my dashboard.

The point is not that I am a dumb@$$ and that I made an error, the point is, that as has been stated many times over, CBCS does actually open each package typically within 2 days of delivery or appx the Wednesday after Con dropoff.

So, while they have been deluged, I am fine with them not updating dashboards for weeks or months, as they are remaining good custodians of my comics and providing a superior product.

@sborock please accept my sincere thanks and share with PK and your receiving team.

Cheers
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
Thx for the post and I completely agree! Yet another reason why I will never have CGC *touch* anything that CBCS can do instead…they have better people/customer service.

So @sborock, please know those thanks and best wishes are not an isolated thing. Your crew is truly awesome 💗🤗.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
My 2day modern were delivered on June 29th. Still in the submitted range. I hope they opened and looked at them , no way of knowing that tho
Post 3 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndrWmn74
they have better people/customer service.

wait, wut ?!?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros yup. 4 phone calls and 2 emails. The last phone call they said they would expedite it and have Steve get back to me. That was a week ago.
Post 5 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
@Sigur_Ros yup. 4 phone calls and 2 emails. The last phone call they said they would expedite it and have Steve get back to me. That was a week ago.

This is basically the norm if you read the forums.
I wrote them with a question a couple weeks ago... still no response. Not waiting, I moved on, but still.

That's why I was laughing when someone claimed they have better customer service. Must be new here.

That said, I can vouch that boxes (some, maybe not all) do get opened immediately.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro

That doesn't say much for their customer service department at all. Having the CEO take care of customer service issues seems to be way below his pay scale, but it seems that's how complaints gets resolved.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndrWmn74
Thx for the post and I completely agree! Yet another reason why I will never have CGC *touch* anything that CBCS can do instead…they have better people/customer service.

You got that right. I've dealt with both, and CBCS wins hands down. While a lot of what's going on now is not okay, the vast majority of it can be explained by the huge glut of product being sent in for service, and not enough workforce yet to handle it.
Doesn't mean I'm happy they outsourced their call centre, though. Not my favourite at all. That'll be the root cause of so many ignored phone calls and lost emails.
Post 8 IP   flag post
What they're going through is nothing new. They've had issues with customer service for quite some time. They may outsource their call center, but the people that have responded to complaints on this board are based in the US and they still have problems with fixing the service issues.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
people that have responded to complaints on this board are based in the US and they still have problems with fixing the service issues

Truth hurts.
Post 10 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
What they're going through is nothing new. They've had issues with customer service for quite some time.

Yeah, I don't know why people are pretending like this is new. You like a certain company more? Cool, but let's not shill for them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
This morning I received an email from CBCS informing me that a comic that was part of the submission was missing from the box. Sure enough, I still had the comic. Oh, and by the way, the submissions do not show on my dashboard.

CBCS does actually open each package typically within 2 days of delivery or appx the Wednesday after Con dropoff.

So, while they have been deluged, I am fine with them not updating dashboards for weeks or months, as they are remaining good custodians of my comics and providing a superior product.

Cheers

So that doesn't make it better for those that didn't mess up their orders. Since the majority of the complaints that pop up on this board is regarding the status of their customer's orders, they should make it a practice to update their customer's dashboard when they receive the orders. Taking care of a problem before it happens is much less time consuming, and frustrating for their customers, than to try to resolve it after multiple complaints that go through the chain of command.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600855 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?