Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS PressingQuestions

Did my book get pressed?15743

Collector MrShanon private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted five signed books at a show on April 9th. I wanted only one of them pressed and the other four not.

They created two different orders since the pressed book should take much longer and go through a completely different path. Only one order ever showed up on my account(after an inquiry). The order never indicated pressing as a step throughout the process. I didn't go back and check my order and count books. I thought the order that was showing was just the group not going through pressing. I received my order back today, all five books together. The book that was supposed to be pressed came back as an 8 and the notes say that it has creases on the cover and minor spine creases. It did but that's why I submitted it to have it pressed. I really don't believe it was pressed and if it was I am completely disappointed.

I will try to contact them tomorrow but thought i would get some thoughts from people with more experience. This is only my second submission.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like they missed it , and good luck with the “contact” customer service. I would see if they charged you for it first ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Were they color breaking creases?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I just went back through my credit card statement and it doesn't look like they charged me for pressing. I guess when I was charged almost five months ago I was expecting an additional charge/ charges to come through later. I have inquired multiple times about my order through the process and only received one response at the very beginning when my order wasn't showing on my account.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Your book was not pressed. There are no pressing charges on your invoice in the system.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Voila ! There it is , ty STEVE!
Post 6 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShanon
I submitted five signed books at a show on April 9th. I wanted only one of them pressed and the other four not.

They created two different orders since the pressed book should take much longer and go through a completely different path. Only one order ever showed up on my account(after an inquiry). The order never indicated pressing as a step throughout the process. I didn't go back and check my order and count books. I thought the order that was showing was just the group not going through pressing. I received my order back today, all five books together. The book that was supposed to be pressed came back as an 8 and the notes say that it has creases on the cover and minor spine creases. It did but that's why I submitted it to have it pressed. I really don't believe it was pressed and if it was I am completely disappointed.

I will try to contact them tomorrow but thought i would get some thoughts from people with more experience. This is only my second submission.

According to Steve's response, the CBCS reps at the show, or someone in Dallas, totally screwed you over.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros Yes, or made a mistake when entering the order in the system. One of those scenarios likely happened.
Post 8 IP   flag post
What makes it worse is I tried to contact them multiple times because I knew something was wrong in the system and never got a response. Now it's going to take a lot more to fix their screw up IF they ever bother responding to me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
One full day without any response from CBCS Customer Service...
Post 10 IP   flag post
I’ve been waiting for a response from Customer Service since May of 2017….
Post 11 IP   flag post
3 days, no response. I'm sending them email reminders also. Not a very good experience on only my second submission.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
3 days, no response. I'm sending them email reminders also. Not a very good experience on only my second submission.

I assume you have a copy of your submission forms. Do you have one that shows you have paid for pressing on 1 book?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Dude , they won’t respond . It’s the one biggest area of improvement that CBCS must fix to be truly profitable and productive and to claim the market share.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Their customer service is located in India, so you may be better off calling in the middle of the night.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Customer service is indeed in India. (Thank Greg Lindbergh now serving 8 years in prison, owner of Beckett ). They (Customer Service ) will only tell you what they see on your dashboard and nothing more .
It’s really just an answering service to let people vent and then they are told they will be called back . Of course this never happens unfortunately.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Why do people use them if they frequently have issues and don't care enough about their customers to fix them?
Post 17 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure both of my books were pressed.. 👍
Post 18 IP   flag post
600827 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?