Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Pressing

CBCS Pressing Update Vol 1, #215738

Collector Pmm1189 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Pmm1189 Not finished in pressing yet. Shouldn't be much longer.
awesome, thanks for the quick response.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I hate doing this and taking up time better spent at the pancake grill. @SteveRicketts Can you update me on order 21-1F8F4F1 please? Fast Pass, Fast Press, a couple of press screening.

Maybe I'll slip a $20 inside my next pressing submission.

Do you ever find anything weird like cash or bookmarks inside submissions?
Post 77 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Huntergreene2 Not completed in pressing yet, but shouldn't be much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
Do you ever find anything weird like cash or bookmarks inside submissions?


We do find odd items in books from time to time. One of the weirdest was two nude Polaroid photos of a lady circa late '60s/early '70s. The time is just my best estimation based on the magazine it was in and other factors. Anything found in books of any significance gets mailed back to the customer, and yes, that includes cash, which is one of the most common things we find inside of comics. Yes we mailed the photos back to the customer. 😆
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Huntergreene2 Not completed in pressing yet, but shouldn't be much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
Do you ever find anything weird like cash or bookmarks inside submissions?


We do find odd items in books from time to time. One of the weirdest was two nude Polaroid photos of a lady circa late '60s/early '70s. The time is just my best estimation based on the magazine it was in and other factors. Anything found in books of any significance gets mailed back to the customer, and yes, that includes cash, which is one of the most common things we find inside of comics. Yes we mailed the photos back to the customer. 😆


Thank you for that, those were family heirlooms.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

So, finally got my first pressing order back (submitted end of January) and I'm curious if there are pre/post pressing notes for orders available similar to the grading notes?
Post 80 IP   flag post


If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar
@SteveRicketts

So, finally got my first pressing order back (submitted end of January) and I'm curious if there are pre/post pressing notes for orders available similar to the grading notes?

No. My God, that would take an extra eternity for books to be pressed.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar
@SteveRicketts

So, finally got my first pressing order back (submitted end of January) and I'm curious if there are pre/post pressing notes for orders available similar to the grading notes?

No. My God, that would take an extra eternity for books to be pressed.


I get that -- that was my thought as well, but I'm honestly not sure how else I can tell that these were even pressed.. b/c looking at them/the grades/notes I'm not sure. Maybe I just expected too much and/or will have to pay for screening if I use the press service again.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Huntergreene2 Not completed in pressing yet, but shouldn't be much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
Do you ever find anything weird like cash or bookmarks inside submissions?


We do find odd items in books from time to time. One of the weirdest was two nude Polaroid photos of a lady circa late '60s/early '70s. The time is just my best estimation based on the magazine it was in and other factors. Anything found in books of any significance gets mailed back to the customer, and yes, that includes cash, which is one of the most common things we find inside of comics. Yes we mailed the photos back to the customer. 😆


Thank you for that, those were family heirlooms.


"Other factors"...perhaps you meant hairlooms.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector wildmind private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Steve,

Can you lookup the status of my order for 21-0EADF5A? Thanks
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@DrWatson - I have been sooo tempted but not having your pedigree, I just bit my tongue.

Ha! I don't know about pedigree. It's more like the closer you get to 50, the less you really give a shit, lol.

Wait until you fly right by 50....lol....
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector Ezekiel_Acq private msg quote post Address this user
Can I please get the status of 21-14531AE and 21-170ECC4.
Post 86 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@wildmind Pressed and in the grading queue.

@Ezekiel_Acq Pressed and in the grading queue.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector wildmind private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update Steve!!
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Steve, another request: 21-0BCA589. The invoice is dated February 28. Thanks!
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Ezekiel_Acq private msg quote post Address this user
I appreciate the update Steve.
Post 90 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Fads89 Your order is in labels.
All orders received BEFORE May of 2021 have been pressed and sent to the grading room.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector ralph_malph private msg quote post Address this user
Steve, could you update order 21-367849E, one book with fast press and fast pass. It was submitted prior to the updated TATS so not sure which ones apply. Thanks.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
@steveRicketts

Odds of getting 21-2593743 before Christmas?
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Steve,
Can you give me an update on:

21-3368076

Thank you.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Fads89 Your order is in labels.
All orders received BEFORE May of 2021 have been pressed and sent to the grading room.


Thanks Steve
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector _cg_ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Fads89 Your order is in labels.
All orders received BEFORE May of 2021 have been pressed and sent to the grading room.


would the dashboard change or just still say processing until graded?
Post 96 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@ralph_malph Not finished being pressed yet.

@Blair1999 I honestly can't predict it. If I were to guess I'd say it's unlikely, but don't quote me on that.

@Rafel You didn't have pressing on this order. It's somewhere in the grading queue.

@_cg_ "Processing" isn't a status. Click the invoice number for a more accurate status on each tier. The only thing the base page will ever say is "submitted," "processing," or "shipped."
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
@Stevericketts,

May I get an update as well please?

21-2D3845B

Thank you kind sir.
Post 98 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Hey Steve, any chance of an update on this one: 21-1B20ADB

Thanks!
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector _cg_ private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts just says received. since you are providing updates can i get one on 21-15122AE please?

thx
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@ralph_malph Not finished being pressed yet.

@Blair1999 I honestly can't predict it. If I were to guess I'd say it's unlikely, but don't quote me on that.

@Rafel You didn't have pressing on this order. It's somewhere in the grading queue.

@_cg_ "Processing" isn't a status. Click the invoice number for a more accurate status on each tier. The only thing the base page will ever say is "submitted," "processing," or "shipped."


Thank you Steve,
True, I don't have any in PRESSING, but I do have over (250) waiting to be graded. So I was just checking.

Take care.
Post 101 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@kidhuman We are pressing May orders. Your order is August 22nd.

@GAC In the grading queue.

@_cg_ In the grading queue.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - Just wondering if you have a sense, and if you do, can/would you share which month this year has had the peak amount of comics submitted for Press service?

Cheers!
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@kidhuman We are pressing May orders. Your order is August 22nd.

@GAC In the grading queue.

@_cg_ In the grading queue.


Thank you sir. I will check again after Christmas or so.
Post 104 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Every month this year has broken the the prior month's volume significantly. The summit has not been reached yet, so there is no answer to your question.
Post 105 IP   flag post
545336 644 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.