Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Pressing

CBCS Pressing Update Vol 1, #215738

Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old55
Would appreciate an update on 21-38B48CC , received on 10/12/2021. When checking at "Print Invoice" status is "pressing".

Thanks in advance.

July was JUST completed October is 3 months AFTER July, I’m not Nostradamus but I’ll bet my life it’s in pressing unless you chose a faster tier
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector Old55 private msg quote post Address this user
Considering the message I responded to only gave a month (July) and not the year (?) , I think the request is valid. And yes, no kidding , I do know October is 3 months after July....did you read that I stated my invoice states "pressing" as well? Easy to bet on something that you already know the answer.
Post 402 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Considering the message I responded to only gave a month (July) and not the year (?) , I think the request is valid. And yes, no kidding , I do know October is 3 months after July....did you read that I stated my invoice states "pressing" as well? Easy to bet on something that you already know the answer.

probably July 2020......
Post 403 IP   flag post
Quote:

Why spam the thread then?
Post 404 IP   flag post
I don't know, why'd you do it? No need for you to jump in when you weren't the one the message was addressed to, was there?
Post 405 IP   flag post

Quote:
I don't know, why'd you do it? No need for you to jump in when you weren't the one the message was addressed to, was there?

No need for Steve to answer stupid questions when he is up to his ears in comics.
Post 406 IP   flag post
No need for you to stick your nose into someone else's business.
Post 407 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@Old55 My submission from first week in July 2021 has made it through pressing (this was weeks ago though); my Early August 2021 is in pressing still. So, your October 2021 is months from getting into the pressing room and then another 224 days-ish from getting through grading and back to you. You likely have a minimum 42 weeks of waiting still unless something drastic changes (which is possible, but seems improbable). Edit: I don't work for CBCS...I'm just collecting information available between this thread and the TAT thread...

Your question seemed odd as you couldn't possible think they meant July 2022. If you thought they meant July 2020; then the question makes even less sense as you'd have 15 months to wait. So Steve had to have meant July 2021 and you had your answer...They're done with July and started on August. October would be two months after. Are you hoping that your October submission somehow skipped up two months? What benefit would you gain from them tracking down your specific order beyond what has already been provided?
Post 408 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
No need to piss on an electric fence or stick your hand in a hornets nest, but people do it.
Derrrrr...I dunno know why....

Post 409 IP   flag post
Collector Colours private msg quote post Address this user
Whoot my December 2021 fast pass pressing just got into the pressing room. Another year until I get it I guess lol
Post 410 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
@Old55 My submission from first week in July 2021 has made it through pressing (this was weeks ago though); my Early August 2021 is in pressing still. So, your October 2021 is months from getting into the pressing room and then another 224 days-ish from getting through grading and back to you. You likely have a minimum 42 weeks of waiting still unless something drastic changes (which is possible, but seems improbable). Edit: I don't work for CBCS...I'm just collecting information available between this thread and the TAT thread...

Your question seemed odd as you couldn't possible think they meant July 2022. If you thought they meant July 2020; then the question makes even less sense as you'd have 15 months to wait. So Steve had to have meant July 2021 and you had your answer...They're done with July and started on August. October would be two months after. Are you hoping that your October submission somehow skipped up two months? What benefit would you gain from them tracking down your specific order beyond what has already been provided?
Post 411 IP   flag post
SO the reason I made the inquiry was because when I sent in my (very first time submission) to CBCS, I had spoken to a CSR prior to sending. I was told at that time that TAT was 12 weeks for pressing , 12 weeks for grading( and if I recall correctly, that was what the TAT on the site indicated as well). Seeing nothing as far as progress until I received 3 successive emails near the end of November indicating (in this order) payment received, order received, submission moved into pressing. So, by that info, I was led to believe that the books were in pressing....LOL.

Subsequently , approximately 2 weeks later , I spoke with a CSR rep who told me my books were through pressing. So, wow, I'm thinking , moving right along !

After that , discussions with CSR's were non informative, I received promises that the order would be looked into and I'd get a call back within 48 hours (still waiting). Sent emails, got a couple of non informative responses.

SO, I started looking at forum and have seen where some books , sent in way after mine , are out of pressing and into grading, at same service level (slow).

As such, I thought , after I saw the post , I'd make an inquiry to see if someone could give an intelligent response as to the status.

Disappointing , as a first time submitter to CBCS, that the information I was given from the onset from customer service was woefully inaccurate, and subsequently, hasn't changed.

Perhaps I should have just indicated the order number , without received date, and no one in this forum would have had a second thought about the ask.
Post 412 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if, in my lifetime, I'll ever see a standard TAT of 12 weeks again?

A person can dream ............
Post 413 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I wonder if, in my lifetime, I'll ever see a standard TAT of 12 weeks again?

A person can dream ............

Long TATs combined with a looming recession and a rapidly cooling market...I would guess you'll get your wish in the next 14-18 months.
Post 414 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow!!!! Pressing TAT at the moment is roughly 2 years! (490 days at approximately 250 work days per year
when deducting weekends and holidays, which may differ at CBCS).
Post 415 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any way to gauge the progress of orders submitted under the old tiers? Most curious about a 2-Day Modern press and grade I dropped off at the beginning of April. It's been shown as in pressing pretty much since the next day. Just wondering how much longer it might be. 22-12F28DD
Post 416 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone confirm if order 22-072E36B was pressed?

Im getting it delivered Monday but I was expecting it to be gone a year not 5 months...worried it wasnt actually pressed even though I was charged for it
Post 417 IP   flag post
Collector origwolvie private msg quote post Address this user
Hey fellow prisoners , wassup
how are you all enjoying your captivity ?

Order received by CBCS in June 2021 ... authenticate,press ,grade .... status, still in pressing? UNKNOWN........ because ,

Customer service , clueless if you reach them , if you manage to do so, they repeatedly lie and say they'll call you back, it never happens ....overall liars , its worse than basically non existent.

Anyone that still defends the actions of this company, is a paid shill or brain dead .

As far as your books being processed in order , no....thats another lie , there are people getting preferential treatment .....

The reputation of this company ,among actual potential customers I know , has fallen below PGX levels ....
suck on that ...... you'll be here till you reach the tootsie center in 3 years ......
Post 418 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@origwolvie You filled out the invoice on June 26th. Your submission was not received in the mail at the CBCS office until August 7th. We are currently Pressing August orders, so it will not be much longer before your order is passed on to the grading room.
Post 419 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@origwolvie You filled out the invoice on June 26th. Your submission was not received in the mail at the CBCS office until August 7th. We are currently Pressing August orders, so it will not be much longer before your order is passed on to the grading room.

Great news. Mine are almost done then. Aug 13th received.
Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector origwolvie private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts , thank you , first piece of information I've gotten that I trust , appreciated.
Post 421 IP   flag post
Collector jmckenna43082 private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts

Would you be able to tell me abut a fast press order I sent in back in January? The order number is 22-04121EB.
With the company currently pressing books from August 2021 does this mean I'm looking at another 5-6 months before my books hit pressing or should the fast press option have had some effect on this? Thanks.
Post 422 IP   flag post
I think we're Pressing Fast Pass from December, so you're getting close.
Post 423 IP   flag post
Collector jmckenna43082 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Thank you Steve. Much appreciated
Post 424 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Are you all moved into the new facility yet or is that still in progress?
Post 425 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Can anyone confirm if order 22-072E36B was pressed?Im getting it delivered Monday but I was expecting it to be gone a year not 5 months...worried it wasnt actually pressed even though I was charged for
it

One of my books that came back I feel wasn't pressed despite paying for it as well. When I showed it to some CBCS booth staff they also felt it didn't appear it was pressed either based on an issue on the back cover that looks to be something that could easily be pressed out. Seeing that it and nearly sixty other books are back down in Dallas currently all having to be re-holdered because of defective cases, it would be nice if I could get the book in question pressed and re-graded since it is a pretty big book for me.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
My June 2021 pressed order doesn’t look like they were pressed either.
Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector Jlfr private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know if this helps. But I just got an email where my books have been shipped. They were received june 24 2021.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

And 2-Day Moderns?
Post 429 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@SteveRicketts Are you all moved into the new facility yet or is that still in progress?

The Pressing department is actually moving there in the morning. We will be the first group in the new building.
Post 430 IP   flag post
600777 757 30