Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeFor SaleKirbyPop Culture

Jack Kirby Fans15625

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Most probably know that in 1993, Topp published the Jack Kirby Secret City Saga collection of comics. The brought in big guns like Todd McFarlane to ink Jack Kirby cover art, Terry Austin, John Byrne, Steve Ditko, Frank Miller, Walt Simonson, etc for Kirby style covers and page art, Roy Thomas for writing, etc.

It was huge for me to be able to finally enjoy his work and concepts, not being old enough to get his early/classic works and not having the money to think about collecting it. When I eventually sent my collection in to CBCS for protective encasement, I hadn't thought about the coupons I had clipped. As such, I have several 7.5 graded comics that would otherwise have been graded 9.6-9.8 but for the clipped coupons inside.

If you are of mind, for a collection of 8 Kirbydom comics that will display greatly, I have reduced the prices on each of these comics pictured below to only $24.99 in my MCS Slabsmart shop. Direct Slabsmart Link

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So um.....have to ask....even if not for sale...where is the pic of Secret City Saga #0!!???
Need to see what all the clipping was for!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
So um.....have to ask....even if not for sale...where is the pic of Secret City Saga #0!!???

@KatKomics - it’s right here….

Seriously, it is in my permanent collection(with a group of unclipped 9.8’s) will take a pic later.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - I actually have two of the Special KirbyChrome Zero’s. The 9.8 is PC the 9.2 is up for sale along with the 7.5’s at MCS…

Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

Price reduced for Labor Day Weekend!!! Now only $22.99 each!

Here are the direct links to each item:

Bombast 1
Captain Glory 1
Secret City Saga 1
Secret City Saga 2
Secret City Saga 3
Secret City Saga 4
Night Glider 1
Satan's Six 1
Post 5 IP   flag post
Happy Labor day!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just reduced each comic to $21.84
Post 7 IP   flag post
Now each of the above 8 comics are reduced to $20.75 each...Add to you MCS auction wins tonight!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Dropped prices of all 8 down to $19.99ea.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting books, Ive never seen before
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Here's the reg. cover.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder how Houseroy liked working on a Kirby project.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601448 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?