Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
My non-pressed order (14 books with one VSP) just went into labels. 20 weeks. Woohoo.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector WMorse private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek welcome to the club!


Post 777 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
My 2-Day order (with pressing) from mid-September is 'in production'. Now to see how long it takes to get through slabbing/labels.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
My non-pressed order (14 books with one VSP) just went into labels. 20 weeks. Woohoo.

Were those the books you turned in at Summer Con back in mid-June? I turned in two orders there, one for pressing/grading (no fast press/pass) but I know they are just finishing up the May orders in pressing so it will be a while on that order. The second order I turned in at the show was also 14 books, no pressing, standard grading (aka no fast pass) but no update on them yet which is ok, I am in no rush.
Post 779 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
don't know why I'm doing this...16 books packed and hope to be FedEx or UPS? in the next day or so

only 9 books for my PC...the rest to MCS
Post 780 IP   flag post


Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
@Bobashek Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
My non-pressed order (14 books with one VSP) just went into labels. 20 weeks. Woohoo.

Were those the books you turned in at Summer Con back in mid-June? I turned in two orders there, one for pressing/grading (no fast press/pass) but I know they are just finishing up the May orders in pressing so it will be a while on that order. The second order I turned in at the show was also 14 books, no pressing, standard grading (aka no fast pass) but no update on them yet which is ok, I am in no rush.


It sure was. I did 14 (combination of quickstream, modern plus one VSP) and then 7 that were sent for pressing and then grading.

I was a bit disappointed that the person who I talked to didn't explain the value of membership and fast passes. Had I done that, I'm sure I'd have my books by now...maybe.
Post 781 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Sent in on March 27th...I've been sitting in labels for a few weeks now. Anyone know what the current ETA on labels is?


(16 days later)...Still in labels.


40 Days later...still in labels.
Post 782 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
don't know why I'm doing this...16 books packed and hope to be FedEx or UPS? in the next day or so

only 9 books for my PC...the rest to MCS


Books are away!!! straight to Dallas though

5 are for pickup in Oakville the remainder to MCS with the ones I want to keep shipped back by them!

1st time using UPS - while I don't like paying more they do have more insurance than Canada Post or FedEx

We'll see how it goes....should be in Dallas by next Thursday
Post 783 IP   flag post
Collector unkownmikevictor private msg quote post Address this user
I got to ask. I understand everything is busy for CBCS but my comics arrived to them a few days ago. Do they notify you when they received it? I even sent an email about it a day or two ago but still no response.
Post 784 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Man private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't expect to see anything. I have sent three submissions of which the first one was sent three and a half months ago (early August) and have not received a single piece of correspondence. I have not had a single reply to any inquiry or even acknowledgement that I have made an inquiry.

All three submissions were moderns with no pressing or signature verifications and one was even "Fastpass." May the force be with you.
Post 785 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Man private msg quote post Address this user
^ All three of my submissions have not even been marked as "received." All three just show submitted.
Post 786 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
don't know why I'm doing this

@KatKomics - Because it is the bidding of Darth Scifinator!!!
Post 787 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Comic_Man & @unkownmikevictor - in normal times, notification and update to the external dashboard, which we see, is usually done a day to a couple of weeks after CBCS receives. This is not a normal time and it has been taking as much as a few months. That said, more recently, the notifications have been coming out a month or two after receipt and a few people have had even faster notification, so you situation should not concern you as long as you have tracking showing delivery.
Post 788 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
My early June submission with pressing just went into grading! I'm pretty stoked, though my May sub with pressing hasn't moved. Maybe I'll get surprised and it'll ship out with out an update!
Post 789 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics good luck with UPS. I despise them but all the suppliers I order from for my job use them. The first knock against them...they don't actually deliver or pick up in my small city/town even though it's only 70km outside Winnipeg and all other carriers actually pick-up and deliver. Purolator and Fed Ex are the best options outside of Canada Post.
Post 790 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
whats up people, i know its only been 3 months but if you can check on 21-25A2E2E i will appreciate it. Also, this will be my 1ST order that i use press screen, will they add full price of pressing if they decide the book should be press? Will the screen price will be included in the press price?
Hmmmm have I been ban??
Post 791 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
don't know why I'm doing this

@KatKomics - Because it is the bidding of Darth Scifinator!!!


whoa now......pretty sure Darth Scifinator has dedicated staff at CBCS for the volumes of books that he gets sent through!!
Post 792 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
@KatKomics good luck with UPS. I despise them but all the suppliers I order from for my job use them. The first knock against them...they don't actually deliver or pick up in my small city/town even though it's only 70km outside Winnipeg and all other carriers actually pick-up and deliver. Purolator and Fed Ex are the best options outside of Canada Post.


I only tried UPS because they have a physical location in my town and they have insurance that will cover my books - I think FedEx maxes out at like $2k

We'll see how it goes - all is packed well so it should be ok
Post 793 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
whats up people, i know its only been 3 months but if you can check on 21-25A2E2E i will appreciate it. Also, this will be my 1ST order that i use press screen, will they add full price of pressing if they decide the book should be press? Will the screen price will be included in the press price?
Hmmmm have I been ban??



If they decide no pressing need then off to grading - if pressing is needed then yes..it will be added to your invoice - can't remember where they are - think they are pressing books from May/June - gonna be a while before they get to your books
Post 794 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
don't know why I'm doing this

@KatKomics - Because it is the bidding of Darth Scifinator!!!


whoa now......pretty sure Darth Scifinator has dedicated staff at CBCS for the volumes of books that he get sends through!!


@KatKomics - LOL. Actually, when I used to play hockey, the name on my jersey was Darth Goalie.
Post 795 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Question (if this is posted somewhere, please let me know)...what comes first...grading or labels? Sorry if this newbie question has already been asked.
Post 796 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks
Post 797 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Grading then labels

Edit

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/2160/the-process-of-grading/
Post 798 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
I actually got an email on one of my orders of 5 moderns, submitted first of march, out of press in june. now my email tells me in november that they have entered grading. 7 months just to get to grading? and I still have no idea as to where my order of 1 book is. just processing. I'm not real happy at this point.
different people tell me different things, and you don't know who is telling you the truth or just blowing smoke up your rear. WTF. why can't anyone tell me where my first order is??? and why did it take 5 months of limbo to go from finished pressing to grading limbo??
Post 799 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Grading then labels

Edit

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/2160/the-process-of-grading/


Dashboard says grading but invoice says labels. If I recall, invoice is more accurate than the dashboard?
Post 800 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Considering you couldn't take Mr Ricketts at his word, I don't think you will be happy until you get your books back.

I don't think ANYONE is able to answer anything you ask to your satisfaction.
Post 801 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek

Yes the hyperlink is more accurate.
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Bobashek

Yes the hyperlink is more accurate.


Thank you @Bronte
Post 803 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
why did it take 5 months of limbo to go from finished pressing to grading limbo??


This is just a guess on my part, but I would say it's because there are thousands of orders in front of yours and you have to wait your turn in line just like everyone else.
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector Rioski private msg quote post Address this user
mine were delivered june 10th, and are still "processing" , no fast past or any signature verification, just a modern submission.
Post 805 IP   flag post
450294 999 30