Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Nice!! much higher grade than mine...and yours is signed! If I get a 4.5 I'll be happy but I'm expecting a 4.0.

Awesome sketch too!!!
Post 701 IP   flag post
Collector aswain private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my clone wars 1 back from cheapest grading, pressing and cleaning took a year. They didn’t included that it is a newsstand, some first appearances like captain Rex on the label. the inside of the case is dirty and greasy making the book look bad up close. Not to mention the scratches all Over the case. I never got a email saying it was delivered. Got a call from fedex saying I had something to be picked up. Nice surprise.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Collector jef private msg quote post Address this user
n00b here.

First submission (10 books) went out at the end of April, when TAT was 18 weeks.
24 weeks later, i'm wondering if i made a mistake.

i doubled down on naivete and sent 40+ books at the end of May,

based on the TAT experiences and maths i've read about in the forums,

i should see the books some time in mid 2023.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jef
First submission (10 books) went out at the end of April, when TAT was 18 weeks.

@jef We're all in pretty much the same boat. Life's just gonna be a little different for a while.
Post 704 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
We are in shipping!!!
Post 705 IP   flag post

Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Modern pre-screen from May 11th has been in labels for a month which is typical of what I am seeing now. I did received an April 11th modern pre-screen order around 5+ weeks ago. so hopefully the May 11th one will be shipping soon.
Post 706 IP   flag post
And they're off! Already on their way home. It's been a hell of a ride. I'm so happy I came back here. Putting together 2 more submissions! Pics to follow when they arrive.
Post 707 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
And they're off! Already on their way home. It's been a hell of a ride. I'm so happy I came back here. Putting together 2 more submissions! Pics to follow when they arrive.

Congrats man!! Let's see pics in the CBCS Books You Just Got Back thread when they arrive.

clickable text
Post 708 IP   flag post
@GAC oh absolutely!!!
Post 709 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I wasn't expecting such fast acceptance, but they just got the book yesterday via FedEx and they charged my credit card and recieved it today.

Edit

It is classified as quickstream
Post 710 IP   flag post
After the holidays, my goblin book is comming here.
Post 711 IP   flag post
Collector Trixster private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting on my 3 submissions.

3/30 all modern, half of which were pressed still at received 31 weeks
5/27 all modern, no press moved to grading 4 weeks ago 22 weeks
6/29 modern, expanded, and quickstream still at received 18 weeks

TATS at 3/30 I think were at 16 and 16, and when the 5/27 went to grading TAT was at 19 weeks. No messages after received/payment received on any of them.
Post 712 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
2 months and still waiting on process.It may be a year before seeing my comics.
Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixster
Still waiting on my 3 submissions.

3/30 all modern, half of which were pressed still at received 31 weeks
5/27 all modern, no press moved to grading 4 weeks ago 22 weeks
6/29 modern, expanded, and quickstream still at received 18 weeks

TATS at 3/30 I think were at 16 and 16, and when the 5/27 went to grading TAT was at 19 weeks. No messages after received/payment received on any of them.

3-17 and 3-22 and same - never an email or any dash board update
Post 714 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
What do you think the fastest TAT door to door would be for a Modern / Press&Clean / VSP ?
Post 715 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania At current speeds you're looking at about 11-12 months (46 weeks if you're going by the estimated TATs currently posted) if you don't use an expedited service like 2-day modern or fast pass.

Otherwise, the absolute fastest option would be the "1-Day" service for both grading ($130) and pressing (~$100), + 2 weeks for VSP, would have your book back in about 2 months
Post 716 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@MutantMania At current speeds you're looking at about 11-12 months (46 weeks if you're going by the estimated TATs currently posted) if you don't use an expedited service like 2-day modern or fast pass.

Otherwise, the absolute fastest option would be the "1-Day" service for both grading ($130) and pressing (~$100), + 2 weeks for VSP, would have your books back in about 2 months

Thank you for the info...so I would be looking at $130,$100,$25, and whatever shipping would be for estimated 2 month TAT?
Post 717 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jef
n00b here.

i doubled down on naivete and sent 40+ books at the end of May,

based on the TAT experiences and maths i've read about in the forums,

i should see the books some time in mid 2023.

My order arrived in early April.

I've been thinking of doubling down as well. If we are all waiting, we might as well have more reasons to wait.
Post 718 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania More or less.

The price for the one-day pressing is an estimate since the website only says 2.5% FMV but like 1-Day grading I am sure there is a minimum cost. I used the Fast Pass price of $50 (which I guess you can add to your calculations to get your book back 1-2 weeks sooner) which seems to range from half the cost of pressing to 1/4 so 1 day pressing could possibly cost anywhere from $100-$200 minimum.
Post 719 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
I've been thinking of doubling down as well. If we are all waiting, we might as well have more reasons to wait.

The key is to get enough books into the system that you can't remember them all. That way every 4-5 weeks you can look at your submissions and be pleased to find out that you own books you had forgotten about. It's like a first Friday of the month ritual for me.
Post 720 IP   flag post
Collector Bobsaget private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone sent two orders in same box before? I sent 2 orders one was 2day modern and the other expanded (separate order forms). The 2day is already graded and going for encapsulation in about a week but the expanded isn't even in processing yet. I know expanded will take a while but since they both came in the same box shouldn't it be in processing? If someone could check it's 21-3AB037D

And has anyone else done this same thing?
Post 721 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
Has anyone sent two orders in same box before? I sent 2 orders one was 2day modern and the other expanded (separate order forms). The 2day is already graded and going for encapsulation in about a week but the expanded isn't even in processing yet. I know expanded will take a while but since they both came in the same box shouldn't it be in processing? If someone could check it's 21-3AB037D

And has anyone else done this same thing?

@Bobsaget - Yes, I have sent multiple submissions in the same box. And, yes, my modern submissions were returned well after the Higher tier that was in the same box. Further, No, just because they were in the same box, doesn't mean that they will take the extra time and steps to update the external dashboard for the lower tiers when they update the higher tier. Most recently, I submitted 3 orders in the same box. The two submissions that were modern have not been updated and reflect "submitted", but the submission that had 1 day, Rapid, and Quickstream on the same invoice were updated as "received". That estimated TAT for all 3 submissions has the same start date, but obviously, the TAT's for the modern will be 22 weeks(grade only) and 46 weeks(press & grade), while the other submission of 1day/Rapid/& Quickstream will be 12-24 weeks as it will get the longest TAT (quickstream due to Grade 12 weeks and possible 12 weeks more as I opted for Press Screen).
Post 722 IP   flag post
Collector Cardzguy private msg quote post Address this user
Multiple submissions, all modern no pressing. Oldest entered in the system May 9th, 5 weeks after delivery. All submissions listed as Processing. Customer service calls go directly to voice mail saying they are closed, even though it was 4:30 CST 😡
Post 723 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted order that shows as posted on my dashboard April 20th, all modern with VSP and no pressing.

Was emailed 2 months ago the books would ship in approx: 1-2 weeks.

Dashboard has now gone from labels back to grading.

All inquires have been met with silence.
Post 724 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently seeing my orders go from Submitted to Processing (meaning the box got opened and the order inventoried) roughly nine weeks after delivery confirmation. Contrast this with that Sarasota company which is opening boxes and confirming inventory roughly four weeks after delivery confirmation. Granted it doesn't speak to total turn time, but it does seem to be an indication of less backup (or greater staffing levels).
Post 725 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271

The key is to get enough books into the system that you can't remember them all. That way every 4-5 weeks you can look at your submissions and be pleased to find out that you own books you had forgotten about. It's like a first Friday of the month ritual for me.

I've only submitted 12, one order. Figured that was a strong starting number. What number should I submit next, out of a possible 700?
Post 726 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think multiples of 10 were the ideal way to save on shipping. But I could be wrong. But realistically if you are going to have those books graded regardless and have the money to do it, send them all in. You never know when the next price hike will be. The last price hike to 2nd day was made with zero days notice. I would expect the same if they did any of the other tiers.
Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte would explain the save on shipping please,I have never thought about that
Post 728 IP   flag post
@Reelgee

I believe that Jesse posted a fedex list of prices that showed the breakdown of how much they charge per book. I may be mistaken,
but I believe the most cost efficient method was 10 book increments.

I found an old list that Jesse posted but I couldn't find current list.

Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte thanks for the intel. So now i'm wondering how cheaper is it to send from a comiccon or by your LCS if they offer?? So far i have only sent in two orders from home, never really look at shipping price because i was gonna send them anyway, and both was less than five, and right now i cant afford to get ten graded and press at one time. I'm about to start a experiment soon and that information will help. again thank you sir!!
Post 730 IP   flag post
618083 999 30