Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Spoof #1 is my least favorite comic of all time. Terrible! Congratulations!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked these up on the cheap. I loves me some Steranko.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
I loves me some Steranko

@MrNotSoNice I got to meet him in Jan 2020, and was inspired to start this thread. It was the day Kobe Bryant died, but still about 6 weeks before our world turned into an episode of the twilight zone:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/11041/page/1/you-gotta-meet-steranko/
Post 53 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

1,3,4 and 6 are in nice shape. 2 and 5 are in desperate need of a press. Make that they all deserve a press hah

Post 54 IP   flag post
One more addition for completeness

Post 55 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
One more addition for completeness

Nice pick up

Welcome to the JLA club 👍

Found this ad in my recent house of mystery book.
Love these key in house ads

Post 56 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Sweeeeet! Just got this

Post 57 IP   flag post
Very low grade / rough shape but complete.

Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

I was excited to pick this up for about half of current FMV for a high grade raw, but I have to be honest I'm over the top about the condition of this book. I'm pretty critical of my books due to some mild OCD, and I can't find a single flaw on the entire book. Not even your normal manufacturer defect like the edge of the spine occasionally gets.

Super excited to get this signed and graded at baltimore in October.
Post 59 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 60 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
VAMPIRELLA #1 Amanda Connor INDIEGOGO arrived today. Autographes and condition look good

Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
VERY excited for this to arrive and add to the ongoing GA Adventure collection

Post 62 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm I wish I could give more than 3 votes. Awesome pickup
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Thank you! This has been high on my list and a difficult book to find. Just love this cover
Post 64 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm FANTASTIC book!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Very excited to get this book! The color is great and it replaces a beat-up copy I've had for years.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Received these today from @sckao! I appreciate the fast shipping and the professional packing job. Thanks!

Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Good day today. Bunch of first Spider stuff that I've been waiting for to get my Spider wall going correctly:

And a couple of GA books including what I think is now my oldest book (January 1936 Dime Mystery) and another Ace Comics I picked up.

Post 68 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

nice little mail call
Post 69 IP   flag post

Some new key additions, have all of the Cates/Stegman run keys now, just a few filler issues to pick up to complete the run
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
I was very excited to get this in the mail today, I have been waiting over a week!
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

nice little mail call

Those two books bug me.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 73 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased today from a used book store that had just bought a collection in the tiniest town in Catskills region, NY. Books were jammed in a vinyl tub that goes under beds. Cheap is not even an appropriate word.

Post 74 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 I have to ask how much they were charging for it because I like being jealous lol. Missed one recently on reddit that was secret wars 8, asm 300 and spectacular 90 for 250 bucks - all were around 7.0-8.0 😭
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Nuffsaid111 I have to ask how much they were charging for it because I like being jealous lol. Missed one recently on reddit that was secret wars 8, asm 300 and spectacular 90 for 250 bucks - all were around 7.0-8.0 😭

Ummmmmmmmmmmm .... I'm guessing the owner felt used comics should be sold at the same price as used softcover and hardcover books? Let's just leave it at that
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:

Ummmmmmmmmmmm .... I'm guessing the owner felt used comics should be sold at the same price as used softcover and hardcover books? Let's just leave it at that

Ok, I'm going to go cry now lmao. I still kick myself for not picking one up in 2019 when they were like 200-250 for a nice raw.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I'm going to go cry now lmao. I still kick myself for not picking one up in 2019 when they were like 200-250 for a nice raw.

I purchased 2 NM copies in 1988 from an LCS for $1.50 each.
Held onto both for years and years.
Regrettably sold 1 NM copy for $250 about 5 or 6 years ago.
And sent this one into CBCS last year I think it was.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I purchased 2 NM copies in 1988 from an LCS for $1.50 each.
Held onto both for years and years.
Regrettably sold 1 NM copy for $250 about 5 or 6 years ago.
And sent this one into CBCS last year I think it was.

I have yet to grab one, my goals this year were lethal protector 1 gold foil which I did get, and an asm 300. Hoping I can get lucky at one of the cons I have coming up and find one for a reasonable price or trade. If the stray dogs 1 copy I got grades for at least 9.8 that'll help me a good bit lol
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

What's in the boxes?
Post 80 IP   flag post
601494 999 30