Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
was just wondering if anybody on the forums have any feedback on using the site "MY SLABS.COM"

i was looking to possible list some books on there and was just wondering how it worked out for you all.

thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Admittedly I am new as well to MySlabs, but I asked that same question here and generally the response was positive.

I listed 2 books there 3 weeks ago, and so far all I can say is it to all scrutiny acts like a site that nobody goes to. I don't see any activity, the seller section is Basic-as-#$%^ , there's no frills, nothing fancy ...

My stuff is there and if someone buys it I have no idea what will happen in the way of email notification or what, but you get no real indication anyone is looking or what traffic is going by on your stuff other than a little "heart" that they can click.

I'm sure its functional and that people 'in the know' go there and buy things, but it just feels ... lonely and small potatoes.

Nothing like MCS or ComicConnect or etc., which are obviously active and "feel" active.

I don't want to steer you wrong, I'm still using them, it just feels like a desert wasteland of comic sales LOL
Post 2 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
thanks

i tried comic connect they seemed very slow.

it could also be time of the year and selling.
i think vacation and nice weather is putting stuff on slow
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/14952/page/4/my-slabs/
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If it gets little activity, it's because a lot of the books (Shortboxed as well) are priced to the moon and are nothing more than eye candy.

I used to visit each site daily, but with the majority of books being regularly overpriced, I buy elsewhere. I did purchase one book from Shortboxed because of the offer feature. I have my eye on another, but haven't offered yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
thanks

i tried comic connect they seemed very slow.

it could also be time of the year and selling.
i think vacation and nice weather is putting stuff on slow
@beastboy1980 - Having tested ComicConnect, ebay, heritage, MyComicShop, hakes, ComicLink, and only looked at MySlabs &
shortbox, My feeling is that MCS is the best value proposition. They can/will pick up your submissions from CBCS, they simultaneously list buy it now listings on their website and ebay, and you can choose to partake in their weekly or quarterly Prime auctions.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector sckao private msg quote post Address this user
The way the site is set up with no current fees to list means that there is no impetus to sell your books in a timely manner. The Offer button then becomes the main selling point (at least to me) then to park a book if you don't really want or need to sell it. With the easy way to shift a book into NFS (Not for Sale) mode, I don't know if they realize that this may not be the best way to keep listings on their site, but it benefits the seller.

I did get an offer on a book I listed, and I was sent a text message with the offer... so that was nice. The listing interface and the graphical drag and drop for image border sizing is also nice.

There are a lot of nice things about the way the site is currently implemented. There could be a lot of improvements, however.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600479 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?